Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 04:11 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Liberals tend to use right wing.
I haven't heard that thrown around nearly as much as liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_salads_75 View Post
Kind of like 'racist'?
Exactly like that word. Liberal, racist, and biased are the trifecta of overused words that have lost all meaning when trying to make a point. I pretty much tune out a when I hear those words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 08:29 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Every time someone says something bad about Bush,Rush, or the mainstream right in this forum they are labeled as a liberal. Its getting ridiculous. Plenty of conservatives, independents, and moderates don't like these people. Take me for instance. I am an independent moderate, but am constantly labeled liberal because of my anti-Bush and pro-intellectual stance. The thing that bothers me is the tactics these people use. Even if I was a liberal calling me one doesn't mean what I said is wrong. Calling someone liberal doesn't negate valid points.

Example:

Idiot: We needed to invade Iraq because Saddam planned 9/11 and was developing nuclear weapons for North Korea.

Joejitsu: Thats not true the overwhelming evidence... [present evidence]

Idiot: LIBERAL!!! I AM RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIBERAL!

Another example:

Idiot: 2+2=3

Joejitsu: Uhh... 2+2=4

Idiot: **** LIBERAL! Rush said 2+2=3 and you are a liberal so I am right.

Complete idiocy.

I would also saw the reverse goes with negating someone by assuming they are conservative and yelling conservative at them, but I have yet to see this. I imagine that most responses to this post are going to be personal attacks from the very people guilty of doing this.

I'm certainly no liberal and I didn't like Bush at all. I'm a centrist Independent and I get labeled a Trumpette, rw nut job etc because of my views on the 2A, my disagreement with the left on the Islamists, my disdain for the White privilege thing and White guilt, disagreement with open borders and whatever else insanity the leftists are preaching. On these issues I lean right but I'm not a raving RWNJ.

By the same token I do not support cutting SS and Medicare, I'm live and let live with gay marriage, believe that the Republicans are way to pro corporatism ,believe that these huge corporations have to much clout in Washington etc. I lean sorta left on stuff like that and a few othe things I don't tend to talk about. And I truly disliked Bush.

But I'm sure no liberal. But the threads I tend to post in reflect my right leaning side so I'm a rabid Trump supporter, Hannity sycophant on and on. People on both the right and left jump to conclusions with folks based on one or two issues.

Old 03-21-2019, 01:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Every time someone says something bad about Bush,Rush, or the mainstream right in this forum they are labeled as a liberal. Its getting ridiculous. Plenty of conservatives, independents, and moderates don't like these people. Take me for instance. I am an independent moderate, but am constantly labeled liberal because of my anti-Bush and pro-intellectual stance. The thing that bothers me is the tactics these people use. Even if I was a liberal calling me one doesn't mean what I said is wrong. Calling someone liberal doesn't negate valid points.

Example:

Idiot: We needed to invade Iraq because Saddam planned 9/11 and was developing nuclear weapons for North Korea.

Joejitsu: Thats not true the overwhelming evidence... [present evidence]

Idiot: LIBERAL!!! I AM RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIBERAL!

Another example:

Idiot: 2+2=3

Joejitsu: Uhh... 2+2=4

Idiot: **** LIBERAL! Rush said 2+2=3 and you are a liberal so I am right.

Complete idiocy.

I would also saw the reverse goes with negating someone by assuming they are conservative and yelling conservative at them, but I have yet to see this. I imagine that most responses to this post are going to be personal attacks from the very people guilty of doing this.
He's a progressive. He loves big government, just like a typical republican.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:06 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
I guess just because someone doesn't like Obama don't make them conservative either.

Seems Ilhan OMar is very critical of Obama because he's not liberal enough and because her people in Somalia are in conflict with his people in Kenya.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:25 AM

776 posts, read 394,754 times
I can think of reasons for a conservative to dislike Bush 43 (deficit, No Child Left Behind, Tora Bora, Iraq, Medicare Part D, wanting to give amnesty to illegal immigrants, TARP). Also, the "liberal media" adored Bush.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
I'm a conservative and think "W" was one of our worst presidents. Great guy -- terrible president. In some ways the reverse of Trump..... not the best guy (not the worst either)….but doing a pretty good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies