Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 04:40 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times

Advertisements

It has started – the infighting begins in the court of public opinion.

Climategate: Phil Jones accused of making error of judgment by colleague

Quote:
One of the scientists to whom the emails were addressed, Professor Michael Mann, the Director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University has moved to distance himself from some of the comments in the emails that suggest scientists did not want the IPCC, the UN body charged with monitoring climate change, to consider studies that challenged the view global warming was genuine and man-made.
Frauds all, now scurry like cockroaches in the light of day for cover!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 04:45 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It has started – the infighting begins in the court of public opinion.

Climategate: Phil Jones accused of making error of judgment by colleague

Frauds all, now scurry like cockroaches in the light of day for cover!
LOL. And declare themselves victims of those evil hackers who unveiled their lies.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,235,303 times
Let the games begin...

Al Gore has cancelled his $1200 handshake appearance at Cophenhagen

Quote:
Former Vice President Al Gore on Thursday abruptly canceled a Dec. 16 personal appearance that was to be staged during the United Nations' Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, which begins next week.
Now, to give back that academy award.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
LOL. And declare themselves victims of those evil hackers who unveiled their lies.
The fraudsters need to be in prison.

Billions of dollars wasted on public policy based upon a fraud. I imagine some of the eco-greens in California are kind of feeling stupid right now, right?

And then we hear from the apologists with "they did the right thing because the earth is polluted and they wanted to clean up pollution" as that justifies lying, cheating and fraud.

Note directed at the eco-greens. I am an environmentalist, I like a cleaner planet, I like green trees, healthy forests and clean water. I want clean oceans, healthy rivers and clean air.

Republican or democrat we all want these things. Contrary to what some liberals would have us believe not a single republican wants to leave a filthy world to their grandchildren.

But maybe I am wrong, are there any conservative republicans here that want to leave a dirty, filthy world full of mercury, pcb's and other contaminates to your grandchildren? If so please identify yourself.

We need to clean up, I am all for cleaning up it has my full support as does energy independence.

Got it?

But what infuriates me is having policy based upon a fraud. Of having "scientists" who use scare tactics, cook books and make up numbers. Of relying on computer models and when the models don't work like they are supposed to they change the code so it goes their way.

That is what infuriates me.

Give me the honest science without the hype. Kick Al Gore to the curb.

Speaking of Al Gore did you know it was Kenneth Lay of Enron fame who first cooked up the idea of selling carbon credits?

Old 12-03-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Let the games begin...

Al Gore has cancelled his $1200 handshake appearance at Cophenhagen

Now, to give back that academy award.
Quote:
While climate change sceptics argue the emails are proof scientists have been hiding evidence of temperature decline, Prof Mann said he believed the incident "false controversy" manufactured by sceptics "to distract the public and to distract policy-makers to try to thwart efforts next week in Copenhagen".
What??? I downloaded the entire zip file and the stuff I am reading is not "cooked up" by skeptics. These people have no shame.

Speaking of Al Gore, this old news is back in the news. Maybe people will start to pay attention this time in.

THE HEAT IS ON

Gore's 'carbon offsets' paid to firm he owns]Critics say justification for energy-rich lifestyle serves as way for former VP to profit

Quote:
Al Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets," but the company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,122 times
Default mythos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I imagine some of the eco-greens in California are kind of feeling stupid right now
Nope. This is a religion. Blind faith and belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies