Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:11 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,987 times

Advertisements

Has America turned its back on God ? Is our country in a steadily moral decline? We have seen and heard prayer taken out of our schools in the sixties. The 70's we legalized murder and called it abortion. The 80's we are introduced us to HIV\AID and homosexuality became a topic of discussion and was accepted as an alternative lifestyle. The 90's we see a U.S. President break his marriage vows,by having an affair with an intern.In this century we see where the State of Massachusetts legalized gay marriage.The shows that are on T.V. are despicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 11:16 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,191,100 times
JUst throwing this out for thought.... did all those things happen while Christianity was more or less important than it is now?

Is it possible that for the last 40 or more years that Christianity has been preaching the wrong message?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:47 AM

255 posts, read 608,658 times
Don't forget that same time period has also seen advances in civil rights, women's rights, and rights for the disabled.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:32 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,773 times
Everything you said is pretty much said here!

YouTube - Carman Music profile - 14 of 50

The volume is a little low on it, but hopefully you can hear it. I think we have, are, and will continue to betray God until He sends His Son back to put an end to it.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,328,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Has America turned its back on God ? Is our country in a steadily moral decline? We have seen and heard prayer taken out of our schools in the sixties. The 70's we legalized murder and called it abortion. The 80's we are introduced us to HIV\AID and homosexuality became a topic of discussion and was accepted as an alternative lifestyle. The 90's we see a U.S. President break his marriage vows,by having an affair with an intern.In this century we see where the State of Massachusetts legalized gay marriage.The shows that are on T.V. are despicable.
you know, the way i see it... whenever someone wants to pass a bill that keeps religion further from state some fundamentalist never fails to bring up the "fact" that the country is 86% christian.

that being said, if america is on the decline, and there is a lot of moral decay, then maybe those christians that are the majority are to blame.

in the 60's we also saw groups of people that were treated like animals because of their skin color which still persists today (remember 86% christian, and even more so back in the day before all this stuff you are complaining about)

politicians lie, they cheat on their spouses, they steal etc... If you think that was the first politician to cheat on his wife then you need to look into politicians a little better. i seem to remember a really christian politician getting busted for trying to get in another mans pants just not too long ago.

and i am not even going to touch the gay marriage debate, that would probably take this thread too far off course.

all in all, no one is innocent. Societies change and the source of corruption can't be traced back simply to people's lack of religion.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,331,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I think u have a pretty good handle on the moral compas of America. It does seem like this is a country who has lost its way from a certain point of view, but I think there is still hope. Do u remember in 1kings 19:11-21 when The prophet Elijah was in a cave discouraged? Elijah told God all of Israel had turned their backs on God and broken the covenant and only he (Elijah) remained faithful. Things did not look so well for Isreal. Oh but God...was in Control. God told Elijah to get up and be about the business of the Lord. HE had 7,000 in Israel who did not bow down to baal. God turned things around for Israel. It may look and feel like America has turned her back on God but HE has reserved for HIMSELF a remnant in America. This is still a Christian nation at its foundation and God is still in control. The Bible says many are the plans in a man's heart, but God's purpose will prevail. I believe God has a plan for America and HIS plan will succeed inspite of the moral decline u speak of. There are a great many Christians who have not compromised and are coming forward and standing strong in and for America. It may seem like there is only a small number of Christians, but if God is for u who can stand against u? Greater is HE that is with us... There is still hope for America.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:51 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,349,017 times
The trend has been very anti-religion in this country. It's scarry.
11 year olds in Massachusetts can get the Birth control pill, they can also get HIV/STD's that cause infertility, don't these parents realize what they are promoting?

My view is it all started with so called "womens rights", as MomToFour referred. Abortion is ANTILIFE. As is legitimizing homosexuality, the APA,American Psychological Association, changed its view of homosexuality as "normal" during the late 1980's since then look what we have,YIKES!
Kudos to you Noland123 for having the kahuna's to present this question today .

Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,328,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
The trend has been very anti-religion in this country. It's scarry.
11 year olds in Massachusetts can get the Birth control pill, they can also get HIV/STD's that cause infertility, don't these parents realize what they are promoting?

My view is it all started with so called "womens rights", as MomToFour referred. Abortion is ANTILIFE. As is legitimizing homosexuality, the APA,American Psychological Association, changed its view of homosexuality as "normal" during the late 1980's since then look what we have,YIKES!
Kudos to you Noland123 for having the kahuna's to present this question today .
ok? why would an 11 year old need birth control? i am not saying that 11 year olds have any business having sex, but they have less business having babies. which is worse? you can't follow them around all the time, all you can do is teach them the best you can and hope they take to the lesson.

I am sure that the American psychological association would know a little more about the mind of a gay person than some hater would. is allowing a gay person basic human rights and privileges really that bad? or is it just a challenge to a comfort bubble full of tones of obsolescence?

Old 11-03-2007, 01:23 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Everything you said is pretty much said here!

YouTube - Carman Music profile - 14 of 50

The volume is a little low on it, but hopefully you can hear it. I think we have, are, and will continue to betray God until He sends His Son back to put an end to it.
His son needs to get a spring in his step.......... I mean how long can it take! Its been 2,000+ years already, our Federal Govt. moves quicker. Thats saying something!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,450 times
Has America turned its back on God, well one could say yes it had but wouldn't have done so if it didn't trust God.

But does God trust America? Needless to say we may never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies