Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:00 PM

69 posts, read 36,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Why can life survive at crushing depths where volcanic vents spew forth sulphuric acid? Life goes on. I get that.

I never SAID that "life cannot survive"... What I am suggesting is that human life cannot thrive the way it has for the last 2000 years in certain projected conditions...
So let's get this straight. If life is not in danger of survival because of rising CO2, then what is the pressing issue again? Why do we need to be taxed to death for CO2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Would be a fun project to see where the scientists that say, "Nothing is going on.... Carry on!!!" are coming from as well. So if you have the time to provide sources from your angle it might be a hoot to see, perhaps, where they're getting their funding, etc....

Dontcha think?
Nobody is claiming that nothing at all is going on, we are claiming that it is a natural cycle and not man made? Got it finally?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:04 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. Why on Earth does everyone here seem to think one side of this has to "prove it" and the other doesn't?

Mind-boggling really....

Again, Occam's Razor.... What is more likely:

A) That a bunch of scientists who make $250K a year or less got together and decided that they were going to create a scare over climate change.

OR

B) That multi-trillion dollar fossil fuel companies are paying off other scientists to convince us that there's no harm being done by the burning of their cash-cow product?

What do you believe the government's motive here is?

"Hey, let's convince everyone that we need to stop using oil and coal... That would be funny!!!!"

I mean seriously. The EASY thing to do would be to not change a thing we're doing (until oil prices skyrocket again). I get that.
Red Herring

I simply asked you to provide a source to support your position. I didn't say it "proved" or "disproved" anything specifically. You made the following statement concerning the emails implying that there was much more evidence out there to support the issue.

Quote:
One data source has been drawn into question, so now EVERY source is "false"???
I simply asked what other sources?

You response was a Deflection and then a Red Herring.

So again, I ask... What other sources are you basing your position on?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:05 PM

by the way my little sheep, scientists are now saying that the Earth's warming is caused by solar radiation. Which is much, much closer to the truth than CO2 causing it.

Copenhagen climate summit: global warming 'caused by sun's radiation' - Telegraph

Old 12-09-2009, 02:06 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Deflection.

Do you always discuss like a politician?

Edit:

I can provide sources and analysis all day long with this topic. The question is, can you provide anything? you keep claiming there are all these other sources and that the CRU is irrelevant, but you do not provide any other source? Don't you find that odd?

Give me one source, an author, the IPCC, CSIRO, NASA, etc... pick something.
One

The Basics of Global Warming - Global Warming - Environmental Defense Fund

Two

ScienceDaily: Global Warming News

And a book for kicks

Earth Under Fire

I mean I see what you're doing.... I pick actual sources so you can attempt to pick them apart. You provide nothing, and thus nothing that I can refute.

Again I ask... Why must I be the one providing sources here?

Yes, I could go on all day giving you sources as well. I think it's well documented that there are plenty of scientists on both sides of the fence. Yet YOU get to claim that due to these emails that one side must be completely bogus....

How bout if I show you one scientist who claims global warming is bogus that happens to be funded by an oil company or lobby? Would that discount YOUR entire half of the argument?

Nah..... Didn't think so.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
by the way my little sheep, scientists are now saying that the Earth's warming is caused by solar radiation. Which is much, much closer to the truth than CO2 causing it.

Copenhagen climate summit: global warming 'caused by sun's radiation' - Telegraph
May be so, though my focus on the reading of this stuff has been similar to McIntyre's position. The research isn't adding up, proper due diligence is not being applied, and the science is acting far more political than it is "scientific".

I honestly don't really care as to the "results", but more so on how they get to those results.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Okay, just to be sure..... Your group of 50 scientists meet and give this conclusion and it must be correct, and the group of 15,000 scientists meeting about global warming are all just dolts and "sheeple", right?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
One

The Basics of Global Warming - Global Warming - Environmental Defense Fund

Two

ScienceDaily: Global Warming News

And a book for kicks

Earth Under Fire

I mean I see what you're doing.... I pick actual sources so you can attempt to pick them apart. You provide nothing, and thus nothing that I can refute.

Again I ask... Why must I be the one providing sources here?

Yes, I could go on all day giving you sources as well. I think it's well documented that there are plenty of scientists on both sides of the fence. Yet YOU get to claim that due to these emails that one side must be completely bogus....

How bout if I show you one scientist who claims global warming is bogus that happens to be funded by an oil company or lobby? Would that discount YOUR entire half of the argument?

Nah..... Didn't think so.
Climate Audit [Welcome to our new home!]

See the pull down on the left? Those are all the topics McIntyre has dealt with. They are archived and vary between topic, researcher, and organization.

He focuses directly on the science, policy, and procedure with some odds and ends at times that may be humors or completely off topic.

Enjoy!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
So let's get this straight. If life is not in danger of survival because of rising CO2, then what is the pressing issue again? Why do we need to be taxed to death for CO2?
You understand this little comparison right?

All Humans are living things

NOT all living things are human

"LIFE" is not in danger. Humanity, in it's current form might be to some extent....

Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Okay, just to be sure..... Your group of 50 scientists meet and give this conclusion and it must be correct, and the group of 15,000 scientists meeting about global warming are all just dolts and "sheeple", right?
yep, they are becaue there are 31,000 scientists that argue AGAINST AGW. That's more than 15k.
Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies