Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:56 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times

Advertisements

As I posted earlier and this may vary by state and by gender, but 2 or 3 drinks under the law means you're driving impaired or under the influence. Meaning that if you hurt someone while driving you are liable.

I know they take urine tests to determine drug content. Its hard to get the weed out of your system even after a few days. That could be used, else similarly to alcohol, one use of marijuana could be defined as impaired.

Just like alcohol if someone goes out and smokes they should either get a buddy who is sober to drive them home or call a cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry sakura View Post
But how would acute, overuse be defined? I can see cases of reckless driving due to under the influence of weed being tossed out in court, simply for the argument of inconclusive evidence. Then those accidents would be categorized not as the similar yet more serious crime of DUIs, and instead they would be subjected to lesser punishments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry sakura View Post
As a Californian, I have mixed feelings about legalizing Marijuana. First, if it's legalized, how are law enforcement officers supposed to deal with people who overuse Marijuana while for example, driving and operating other vehicles? Unlike alcohol, there isn't a test limit or level for detecting acute, excess usage.
Ever heard of a field sobriety test?

How do you think they check for intoxication of drugs like cough medicine, LSD, etc. or even being too tired to drive?

Quote:
All in all, I wouldn't want people to be put in danger because of legalization.
Legal or not, people will still do it. The only difference is, if it's illegal you hurt innocent, responsible people, who don't drive under the influence, by stealing from them, imprisoning them and blacklisting them with a criminal record.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Has anyone alerted the Mormons in Utah? - they may want to mount another campaign to meddle in California business..

Old 12-15-2009, 12:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Has anyone alerted the Mormons in Utah? - they may want to mount another campaign to meddle in California business..
They spent all of their money outlawing homosexual marriage, which will probably be overturned shortly.

Waste of money, think of all of the homeless, poor, and hungry people they could have housed, clothed, and feed with all of the money they spent on prop 8.

Its not my state, and its none of my business what Californians do, but if I were a Mormon, I would be pissed at my church.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,187 times
Will that be the new California Gold Rush ?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:54 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Will that be the new California Gold Rush ?
Gold hairs are good, but I still prefer red.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,736 times
Default NeoCon nightmare: California to put Marijuana legalization on ballot

Quote:
The Tax & Regulate Cannabis 2010 campaign has just achieved a major victory in its efforts to legalize marijuana for all adults in California -- they have gathered the signatures necessary for inclusion on the state's November ballot.
Source: Huge Signature Gathering Success Sends Pot Legalization to Ballot | Politics | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/144561/breaking%3A_marijuana_legalization_will_be_on_cali fornia%27s_2010_ballot/#more - broken link)

NeoCons, like Bush, hate democracy and prefer to rule like dictators. Thats why Bush ignored the will of the people and stole both of his elections. The fact that people are voting on something that they oppose is a nightmare for the NeoCons.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Huge Signature Gathering Success Sends Pot Legalization to Ballot | Politics | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/144561/breaking%3A_marijuana_legalization_will_be_on_cali fornia%27s_2010_ballot/#more - broken link)

NeoCons, like Bush, hate democracy and prefer to rule like dictators. Thats why Bush ignored the will of the people and stole both of his elections. The fact that people are voting on something that they oppose is a nightmare for the NeoCons.
and where do you get this idea? If it passes, it passes and I have a hunch it will.

Nita

Old 12-15-2009, 03:33 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,637,834 times
I'm so ambivalent about this it isn't even funny. I literally couldn't care less.

I would vote for medical marijuana's legalization on a national level (or a state level, if it was local), but recreational? I never use it recreationally (or at all) and as such, it's just not important. I probably wouldn't even bother to vote.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:33 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
They can legalize it, just like alcohol. As a company owner I have a right to demand drug-free employees. When they test positive I will fire them. Alcohol might last a few hours in the system. MaryJane sticks around awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies