Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

The big reason to vote for legalization is to prevent more money and manpower being wasted on prosecuting users and to keep people's lives from being ruined. I don't smoke it myself. And yeah, anyone can demand drug-free employees on the job. I would expect nothing less. But I suspect pot would be the least of your worries drug wise. And of course you would have to make medical exceptions, like with all other drugs, potentially making it a moot point anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:46 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
What does the legalization of pot have to do with neocons and why would they care?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:55 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Huge Signature Gathering Success Sends Pot Legalization to Ballot | Politics | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/144561/breaking%3A_marijuana_legalization_will_be_on_cali fornia%27s_2010_ballot/#more - broken link)

NeoCons, like Bush, hate democracy and prefer to rule like dictators. Thats why Bush ignored the will of the people and stole both of his elections. The fact that people are voting on something that they oppose is a nightmare for the NeoCons.
Hey did the gays in Ca respect the vote for prop 8? Just wondering since you made that comment about hating democracy and all

I actually support states rights if the citizens of the state votes for it or against it so be it.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,104,323 times
Quote:
Source: Huge Signature Gathering Success Sends Pot Legalization to Ballot | Politics | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/144561/breaking%3A_marijuana_legalization_will_be_on_cali fornia%27s_2010_ballot/#more - broken link)

NeoCons, like Bush, hate democracy and prefer to rule like dictators. Thats why Bush ignored the will of the people and stole both of his elections. The fact that people are voting on something that they oppose is a nightmare for the NeoCons.

It is quite sad that they will legalize pot before an important human rights issue like gay marriage. Seems that they would rather appease some losers who want to get stoned over their large gay community having equal rights

Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 PM

4,080 posts, read 5,609,888 times
Tax and Regulate? Not exactly progress.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,801 times
I know I'll be voting on this.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
They can legalize it, just like alcohol. As a company owner I have a right to demand drug-free employees. When they test positive I will fire them. Alcohol might last a few hours in the system. MaryJane sticks around awhile.
MJ sticks around, but the "high" wears off within a few hours.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
MJ sticks around, but the "high" wears off within a few hours.

I'll fire you today if you got high last month. That's the way it works.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
It is quite sad that they will legalize pot before an important human rights issue like gay marriage. Seems that they would rather appease some losers who want to get stoned over their large gay community having equal rights
People with AIDS and cancer and other medical problems are losers?

Man take your gay pride talk and sit on it.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:

It wont win on the ballot unless its intent is as a source of revenue for the state of California, and it very well could be the answer to their credit crunch.

I sure hope something like this passes but doubt it will. If it has a chance anywhere it is in California. That state has smarter than average people in many respects. Good luck Golden Staters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies