Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:30 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times

Advertisements

Depends on what "Health Care Reform" is and to democrats it means socialized medicine. If we have problems with our medical system now wait until you need something other than aspirin or stitches in a socialized health system.

To me 2600 pages of payoffs, onerous rules, bureaucracy and taxes is not "Health Care Reform". It's like putting lipstick on a pig. There are stupid Americans that buy into it, but I see it for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
"If we are able to stop Obama on [health care] it will be his Waterloo. It will break him."

-- Jim deMint (R-SC), back in July or August sometime

Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No secret here. The Republicans know that the government can not manage it's way out of a paper bag never mind health coverage for millions of people.
So why should we put people in government who believe it incompetent? What's their agenda other than lining their own pockets? It's like hiring a football coach who says the team stinks and can't win any games.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:13 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So why should we put people in government who believe it incompetent? What's their agenda other than lining their own pockets? It's like hiring a football coach who says the team stinks and can't win any games.
I don't know about Republicans but conservatives (like Sarah Palin, for instance) believe that government has a proper role to play and that does not include running our lives. When government sticks to what it was meant to do under the Constitution it can work.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
The Republicans were not against Health Care Reform, they were against the Democrats passing it.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
"In a general election race vs. the former Congressman Toomey, Quinnipiac has a dead heat for Specter, at 44-44."

New poll sees very tight Specter-Sestak-Toomey race - The Delaware County Daily Times : Serving Delaware County, PA(DelcoTimes.com)

These are the glasses Specter is looking through. Toomey is the Republican. It was only on December 18 that this poll number came out. The real Democrat running against Specter in the Primary is losing to him. I anticpate Specter will poop more "Secrets of the GOP" as we hurtle toward the 2010 elections. Sure hope Specter has no secrets. At 44-44 that PA race could get bloody.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Republicans were not against Health Care Reform, they were against the Democrats passing it.

still waiting for the democrats to come up with something..other than making insurance manditory

here are some questions

does EITHER the house bill or the senate bill:

1. lower any part of the actual cost of care .....NO
2. lower the overhead for doctors and hospitals....NO
a)the average hospital uses 380,000 dollars worth of electricity a month...thats over 4.56 million dollars a year...just for electric...not forgetting additional costs for custodial, laundering, food service, then the techs, nurses, and finally the doctors.
b) the costs of equipment and servicing that equipment, and supplies goes UP every year
3. address the doctor/nurse shortage in america....NO
4. does it even lower INSURANCE premiums.....NO

your taxes are going up, your insurance coverage will cost MORE, and give you less coverage

so the liberal solution is to FORCE everyone to BUY medical INSURANCE from these evil INSURANCE companies or go to the 'government' option INSURANCE....this is what liberals just dont get----INSURANCE IS NOT CARE---

btw...the insurance companies LOVE the house plan, since it MANDATES people BUY insurance

40 million americans dont have INSURANCE, that doesnt mean they dont have health CARE....a majority CHOOSE not to BUY health insurance...I was one of them before I got married

and the current bills infront of congress do NOTHING to lower the ACTUAL cost of medical care.

here's an idea...if you go to the doctor, pay for the SERVICE RENDERED....""personal resposibility"", a word liberals just cant understand

Old 12-29-2009, 06:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
still waiting for the democrats to come up with something..other than making insurance manditory
The point I am trying to get across is that it makes absolutely no difference what is in the bill. The Republicans are against it.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"In a general election race vs. the former Congressman Toomey, Quinnipiac has a dead heat for Specter, at 44-44."

New poll sees very tight Specter-Sestak-Toomey race - The Delaware County Daily Times : Serving Delaware County, PA(DelcoTimes.com)

These are the glasses Specter is looking through. Toomey is the Republican. It was only on December 18 that this poll number came out. The real Democrat running against Specter in the Primary is losing to him. I anticpate Specter will poop more "Secrets of the GOP" as we hurtle toward the 2010 elections. Sure hope Specter has no secrets. At 44-44 that PA race could get bloody.
The single bullet theory was created by Warren Commission attorney Arlen Specter to account for the three shots admitted to by the Commission and the seven wounds to President Kennedy and Govenor Connally. Several Commissioners went on record that they didn't believe in the SBT.

Specter is reported to have coerced a witness to the Kennedy
assassination, Jean Hill:

''He kept trying to get me to change my story, particularly regarding
the number of shots. He said I had been told how many shots there were
and I figured he was talking about what the Secret Service told me
right after the assassination. His inflection and attitude was that I
knew what I was supposed to be saying, why wouldn't I just say it. I
asked him, 'Look, do you want the truth or just what you want me to
say?' He said he wanted the truth, so I said, 'The truth is that I
heard between four and six shots.' I told him, 'I'm not going to lie
for you.' So he starts talking off the record. He told me about my
life, my family, and even mentioned that my marriage was in trouble. I
said, 'What's the point of interviewing me if you already know
everything about me?' He got angrier and finally told me, 'Look, we
can even make you look as crazy as Marguerite Oswald [Lee Oswald's
mother] and everybody knows how crazy she is. We could have you put in
a mental institution if you don't cooperate with us.' I knew he was
trying to intimidate me....''
''All the autopsists testified strongly that the pristine bullet
(theory of Arlen Specter)alleged to have wounded both victims could
not have done so.Yet,Arlen Specter bullied and pushed the doctors when
they testified and finally ignored all their testimony when it did not
suit his magic bullet theory.'' - he is crooked

Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You don't believe in it which is why you do it so poorly. Republicans used to know how to govern quite well. You let the nuts take over and the whole thing went down the tubes.
The GOP has contempt for government. Because of this they will never be able to govern effectively. They are only good at being out of power and casting blame and bashing those who try and make positive change.

So how does this party get away with so many anti-middle class actions?

They divert attention away from their agenda by playing on cultural divides among Americans.

The are the Whites against the blacks and browns.

They are the rural "real Americans" against the liberal "urban dwellers"

They are the moral Family values party against the gays and baby killers.

They are the Southerners against the East and West Coast " liberal elite".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies