Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times

Advertisements

No surprise there, anyone paying the least bit of attention has figured out that the right has come to the point where they care more for their Party than Nation and that the only goal is to regain power no matter what the cost to this Nation. The GOP is a dieing Party, they lost their way when they allowed neo-conservatives to assume control of their Party and now they have lose cannons like Palin doing more harmn to their Party than good. The GOP is due for an overhaul and until it does it will remain on the outside looking in. Their best act now is to play the victim and whine about everything and anything they can, while of-course feeding fear and hate to their loyal sheep through such mouthpieces such as Rush, Hannity, Coulter and Beck, not to mention FOX "news". Their desperation is showing and I do not see a bright future for the GOP, maybe it will be a wake up call for them but so far I see no movement towards reform.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Corrredtion;they wre aginst the health care reform that the democrats concosted behind closed door and we how see are full of votes bought by bribing senators.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:44 AM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Because if you have a catastrophic injury or illness you will be treated in a Hospital despite having no insurance for which you will stiff them for much of the bill as you cannot pay.

You are so very responsible to pay your way at the doc-n-box for minor ailments and check ups. Wow! I'm impressed.
Catastrophic injury is something that needs to be dealt with. Otherwise, it's just like people who owe more on mortgages that their house is worth, and they walk away stiffing the bank.

OK - so think outside of the temple that is the gov't health bill. How do you solve this?

What about letting the states handle this and make it mandatory for people to obtain their own catastrophic insurance. Have a low budget or free option from the state and spell out the terms of the coverages. Maybe make people perform full/part time gov't work for the services they receive until the bill is paid off.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times
I dont trust government period

Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You know what I like about your post?

At least it didn't include any of the B.S misinformation ( except for the fact our health system is not the best in the World says you ) that most right wingers put out in order to lie their way out of a program they don't want.

You just don't think you should subsidize health care for others unable or unwilling to make the right choices. A valid argument!

I feel otherwise. And I think most Americans are more generous that that.
But right wingers are perfectly happy to subsidize health insurance premiums through higher costs for goods and services we pay so that some can have employer provided heath insurance.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The point I am trying to get across is that it makes absolutely no difference what is in the bill. The Republicans are against it.
And with a Democrat President and a Democrat House and Senate, Republicans aren't the ones with the impotent majority unable to get their agenda done.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And with a Democrat President and a Democrat House and Senate, Republicans aren't the ones with the impotent majority unable to get their agenda done.
The Democrats sold out to Big Business and wrote the perfect Republican bill. The Republican and their Big Business buddies are publicly protesting while laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
The Democrats sold out to Big Business and wrote the perfect Republican bill. The Republican and their Big Business buddies are publicly protesting while laughing all the way to the bank.
the democrats didnt "sell out"

thats the way they have always been

republicans are for big business....democrats are for big foreign business....been that way for over 30 years

Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the democrats didnt "sell out"

thats the way they have always been

republicans are for big business....democrats are for big foreign business....been that way for over 30 years
Democrats use to be for the working man. They sold out to Big Business, just like the Republicans have done throughout the 20th Century.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say "big foreign business".

Old 12-29-2009, 01:10 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Yeah, if I controlled the house, senate and presidency and couldn't herd my cats to pass a healthcare bill....I'd be trying to blame the Republicans too.

The democrats have won the seats and now they have to deliver and reap the rewards\consequences in future elections.

Their first order of business is to BS the grumbling party base that it's somehow the Republicans fault which isn't too hard since those mindless zombies just need to hear "republican" and they fall into lockstep. (The republicans have the same types lol)

So Joe, ignore the fact that the democrats just aren't unified on healthcare and blame the Republicans...otherwise you just might have to consider that they aren't infallible and your whole world will collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies