Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:19 PM

34 posts, read 51,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'd be more inclined to believe that statement if it was backed up by, I dunno, an example or two?
All the legislation that is being passed to date is designed to erode more of our constitutional rights
Czars for one example are used to circumvent the constitution.
Where does it say that congress has the right to force us to buy something - like healthcare for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKayGal View Post
All the legislation that is being passed to date is designed to erode more of our constitutional rights
All of it? That's a sweeping statement. And it's not an example of "not following the legislative processes".

Quote:
Czars for one example are used to circumvent the constitution.
Not an example of "not following the legislative processes". (It's not circumventing the constitution, either. The President can hire advisers.)

Quote:
Where does it say that congress has the right to force us to buy something - like healthcare for example.
That's of course debatable, but not really an example of "not following the legislative processes".

Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
What would you like for me to prove? Where do you start? There's more then just one or two issues within my paragragh. All you have to do is look...Do some research and stop getting your news from the corrupt media. Here's a simple video for the flock of sheep, on just the issue with the unconstitutional Fed Reserve and IRS.....Please try and keep up.... Stop asking for prove and do your own research, educate yourself and ask your own questions. Stop being naive.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09NuAdKgqhI
Thank you for this post! My education of the day

Old 01-02-2010, 06:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
if i had them i would not list them. here is what i did. i just emailed my senator and rep.
please do the same. what has a 1040 got to do with weapons?
this can only be a prelliminary step to a federal gun grab. if you think its ugly now wait till the citizens are disarmed.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
All of it? That's a sweeping statement. And it's not an example of "not following the legislative processes".

Not an example of "not following the legislative processes". (It's not circumventing the constitution, either. The President can hire advisers.)

That's of course debatable, but not really an example of "not following the legislative processes".
lol

Old 01-02-2010, 06:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
From what I understand it is not law, yet. No, I will not list them, the feds and state knows which guns you have legally, they can do their own homework and check their own data base if they need to know.
Casper

Old 01-02-2010, 07:20 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKayGal View Post
lol
Thanks for a substantive answer.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
If it became a law you would be crazy to list yours, and an idiot!!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Probably not. I break no laws and have never misused my firearms in any way. I served my country with honor and bled for my country as well.
I have a better idea. Lets punish the actual criminals instead of the law abiding citizen. Criminals can't report their guns because most of them bought them or stole them. So once again this idea is an idea designed to single out honest citizens rather than go after actual criminals.
This law would be about as effective as asking employers to list the names and addresses of their illegal immigrant employees.
I am sure they would report them all.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post

if i had them i would not list them. here is what i did. i just emailed my senator and rep.
please do the same. what has a 1040 got to do with weapons?
this can only be a prelliminary step to a federal gun grab. if you think its ugly now wait till the citizens are disarmed.
I think you jumped the gun there, my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies