Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:56 AM

631 posts, read 720,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
If is OK for rappers to say it and use it in songs, then it is OK for anyone to say. Right?
Fine for rappers, not for you. Get used to it.

Quote:
Or do we now have some language police that determines words you can say based on your skin color....and if so, then wouldn't it be racist to allow a black person to say the word and not allow a white, Asian or Hispanic person to say it? Wouldn't that be racism?

So you fell everyone here should be able to say it then huh? If so put you money where your mouth is. Post a few sentences here with the N-word in it. While you're at it go record yourself saying it to a black man who is larger then you. Please tape that for the rest of us to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 11:59 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,878,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Fine for rappers, not for you. Get used to it.
That is racist and I would have a lawsuit. Denying me the ability to do something based on the color of my skin, while a rapper is able to do it based on the color of his skin. That is racism!

If a rapper can say it, anyone can say it my friend.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
that is racist and i would have a lawsuit. Denying me the ability to do something based on the color of my skin, while a rapper is able to do it based on the color of his skin. That is racism!

If a rapper can say it, anyone can say it my friend.
If so why did you ignore the bottom half of my post???

Quote:
So you fell everyone here should be able to say it then huh? If so put you money where your mouth is. Post a few sentences here with the N-word in it. While you're at it go record yourself saying it to a black man who is larger then you. Please tape that for the rest of us to see.

Why don't you go and post something with the N-Bomb in it Huh? I know why, because you KNOW its wrong. You don't have a leg to stand on, my friend.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I'm saying that if rappers can say, then anyone can say. MLK fought for equality right? Well lets see the equality....if one person can say something, then everyone can say it. That is equality.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:09 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,458,925 times
Quote:
I'm saying that if rappers can say, then anyone can say. MLK fought for equality right? Well lets see the equality....if one person can say something, then everyone can say it. That is equality.

No one is preventing you from saying it. So go ahead and say it.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Putt your money where your mouth is. go for it...use the N-word in a sentence. It shouldn't be a problem since you say anyone can say it.

Also I'm sure MLK is REAL happy you are using him in this example. Its sure its EXACTLY what he fought for. Equal rights too use racial slurs.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
The 1st amendment gives everyone the rights to say anything they wish.

The owner of this privately owned site, does not have to allow racist remarks.
With that said, even the words "hispanic", "negro", "caucasian"...... can be argued are all racist remarks, as it deals with race.
Now, stating a color, as black, white, brown, orange, yellow and blue, is PC in today's world.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Also I'm sure MLK is REAL happy you are using him in this example. Its sure its EXACTLY what he fought for. Equal rights too use racial slurs.
Thank you....you are proving my point. Equality is equality....if one can person do it so can another.
Sooooo....how can black people be offended by the word when they use the word themselves? A little disingenuous, doncha think?
If the word is so bad, then rappers and the black community need to sweep around their own doorstep and stop using the word.....otherwise, in the name of equality, the word is open to all to use.

You do understand the meaning of equality, right?

In case not, here is the meaning of equal:
equal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,710,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
No one is preventing you from saying it. So go ahead and say it.

Being a privately owned site, is much different than a publicly owned site.
The first amendment remains intact on taxpayer owned sites, but private sites can allow and disallow what they wish without stepping on a citizens Constitutional rights.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,458,925 times
Quote:
Thank you....you are proving my point. Equality is equality....if one can person do it so can another.
Sooooo....how can black people be offended by the word when they use the word themselves? A little disingenuous, doncha think?
If the word is so bad, then rappers and the black community need to sweep around their own doorstep and stop using the word.....otherwise, in the name of equality, the word is open to all to use.

You do understand the meaning of equality, right?

In case not, here is the meaning of equal:
equal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Again, no one is preventing you from using the word. If you want to go to the supermarket and yell it out go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies