Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,878,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Read this persons comment

Thanks to Nelson, and his "ethics" my wife and I quit the Democratic party on December 24th.
I spent the entire holiday season convincing other memebers of my family to quit as well. And I have been pretty successful at it. I am now continuing the my crusade with friends.
When is Nelson up for re-election? I doubt he will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
When is Nelson up for re-election? I doubt he will win.
Not till 2012

Old 01-07-2010, 08:26 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,336,843 times
He's doing damage control. People in his state overwhelmingly dislike this bill and how he sold his vote. They want reform, not this load of BS.

I still do not understand why health care was the big issue and not jobs, unemployment, and the economy was at the forefront. It was all political, push it through before the 2010 elections while they still have majorities in the house and senate. They all did a disservice to our country. It's sickening. Congress is so disconnected with the citizens in this country. Poll after poll shows that jobs and the economy are the number one issues citizens want our politicians to address, yet the health care tunnel vision blinded them to anything else.

I even emailed Nelson on Dec 23 to voice my disgust, not like he cares. I don't even live in his state, but thanks to him I get this crap bill. I heard he was airing ads during the football game on Sunday pleading his case with his constituents. I hope they fire him come November.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,806 times
Quote:
His polling numbers have dropped in his own state.

There is a reason hes saying this now and thats it.

But it only makes him look weak because he couldnt have stood up for his principles and focusing on the economy 1st
Nelson will soon retire. They can not let him run against a republican. They must have a better Dem candidate

Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
He's doing damage control. People in his state overwhelmingly dislike this bill and how he sold his vote. They want reform, not this load of BS.

I still do not understand why health care was the big issue and not jobs, unemployment, and the economy was not at the forefront. It was all political, push it through before the 2010 elections while they still have majorities in the house and senate. They all did a disservice to our country. It's sickening. Congress is so disconnected with the citizens in this country. Poll after poll shows that jobs and the economy are the number one issues citizens want our politicians to address, yet the health care tunnel vision blinded them to anything else.

I even emailed Nelson on Dec 23 to voice my disgust, not like he cares. I don't even live in his state, but thanks to him I get this crap bill. I heard he was airing ads during the football game on Sunday pleading his case with his constituents. I hope they fire him come November.
This is typical Democratic fare. They drool at the thought of Big Entitlement For All - everything else is secondary. But, this is nothing new at all. Many people were asking "why the big rush for healthcare reform right now?" but the only thing Democrats were seeing and hearing was "super-majority - this is our big chance."

Democrats are well-known for over-reaching. It amazes me that they never learn from their mistakes.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,763,880 times
I am very tired of politicians that will vote anyway the leadership tells them after receiving goodies for their state and how much in their pockets is anyones guess. Hindsight is always 20/20 but integrity seems to be wearing blinders.

The other thing is if this is the party of "intellegence" then how can you explain imposing a tax/fine on people who have no income? They will soon run out of rich people to bleed.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Nelson will soon retire. They can not let him run against a republican. They must have a better Dem candidate
Yeah thats whats going to happen

Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,336,843 times
Quote:
Yeah thats whats going to happen
Don't be so sure. Politicians have some of the biggest egos around. If he were planning to retire, I would think he wouldn't be on this damage control campaign in his state.

If anything, the DNC will push him out and prop up a new puppet in his place, but I don't think he will leave office willingly.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times
Quote:
Nelson: We should have waited on health care - News - Local - The Fremont Tribune - Fremont, Nebraska's Community Newspaper (http://www.fremonttribune.com/articles/2010/01/07/news/local/doc4b44af1b90306516425283.txt - broken link)
I hate people who waste time with shoulda-woulda-couldas.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I hate people who waste time with shoulda-woulda-couldas.
Well, when Democrats have such a big Agenda to push, and that Agenda results in being removed from the throne, don't you think that coulda-woulda-shoulda is relevant? Or does that Agenda exist in a vacuum, ramifications be damned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies