Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Once again, absolutely, without a doubt, crushing the competition.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/13...810#more-38810

Sarah Palin Draws Huge Audiences As Fox Contributor | NewsBusters.org

Quote:
Debuting on Tuesday's "O'Reilly Factor," the former vice presidential candidate drew almost 4 million viewers more than doubling the combined total of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann and CNN's Campbell Brown.

The following evening on "Glenn Beck," Palin attracted over 3 million -- at 5PM!
Brilliant business decision by Ailes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,868,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Once again, absolutely, without a doubt, crushing the competition.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/13...810#more-38810

Sarah Palin Draws Huge Audiences As Fox Contributor | NewsBusters.org

Brilliant business decision by Ailes.

I totally agree with you. We liberals actually work. You know, that's when you have a job, earning money, and can't be home all day long watching TV Liberals just didn't get hit hard by the recession.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Miley Cyrus outsold both Mozart and Miles Davis this month!

Wow! She must be REALLLLLLY good!

When you all graduate from high school and realize that popularity does not make one either good or correct, then we can talk.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:47 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I totally agree with you. We liberals actually work. You know, that's when you have a job, earning money, and can't be home all day long watching TV Liberals just didn't get hit hard by the recession.
Prime time.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,868,291 times
Quote:
Prime time.
Well, since we can't be home all day long, we gotta clean up, make dinner, take care of the kids etc. at night. Ya know?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:02 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Can stupidity be considered stupid in itself? I saw O'Reilly ask if CNN and MSNBC were so smart, why were their ratings going down? Again, stupid, just like the premise of this thread.

Ratings and "rightness" are not related concepts. People watching doesn't equate to people agreeing. Will sanrene ever get that through her head?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:11 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Prime time.
You've got the poor buggers going now. They are digging so much that they are comparing modern singers with musicians from over 200 years ago. I nearly died laughing at that part.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Well, since we can't be home all day long, we gotta clean up, make dinner, take care of the kids etc. at night. Ya know?
Damn, liberals do have a tough life. I really feel sorry for you. You are the only ones who have jobs and the only ones who have kids. WOW.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Can stupidity be considered stupid in itself? I saw O'Reilly ask if CNN and MSNBC were so smart, why were their ratings going down? Again, stupid, just like the premise of this thread.

Ratings and "rightness" are not related concepts. People watching doesn't equate to people agreeing. Will sanrene ever get that through her head?
Are you one of the liberals who claim they watch those shows because they are so funny? If so, I don't think you are doing it for entertainment as in laughing kind.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:29 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,148 times
I actually steeled myself to watch that Glenn Beck/Palin show (despite my loathing of Fox) - it was completely devoid of any news/discussion worthy content and consisted mostly of Beck creepily fawning over Palin, somehow managing to refer to her in the same breath as George Washington, having a mutual pity-party about how mean everyone is to both of them, whining about how you can't trust anyone in politics (Really? That's something new )- all padded out with some fluff about God and a chart which showed Glenn Beck having 3 percentage points of some random Most Admired People poll (compared to Obama's 25%) and Mrs Palin showing joint 14% with Hillary Clinton on the ladies chart.

The whole show was about as informative and interesting as a soap powder commercial and I found the lack of passion and ability to enliven any "discussion" point on Palin's part quite astonishing, given that she seems to be the person on whom the Republicans are pinning all their hopes for rejuvenating themselves after their defeat All in all, very poor show in every sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies