Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont care if he was busy having gay sex in the bathroom at an airport.. You might be so concerend with him that his schedule is important, I however think differently, especially when it has no bearing upon the threads.

Right back to where I expect you to be.. Your mean hateful spirited postings of a typical liberal.. "Bush didnt have a clue or care".. thanks for bringing me back to the point that liberals keep up with the nonsense even when faced with facts proving you are wrong.

And Obama has been president for a year.. Can you list what he has done to help those areas devistated by Katrina? Or will you respond with, "Its all Bushs fault" like a good little liberal

I'll correct myself: Bush didn't have a clue that he cared

I will continue to donate for the rebuilding of the area and that is my part. I haven't been following Obama's administration's activities closely, only know he was there for the first time in October 2009.

I'm a Libertarian - but if you want to call me a liberal -
make sure it's a "classical liberal"

Old 01-16-2010, 03:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Quote:
I dont care if he was busy having gay sex in the bathroom at an airport.. You might be so concerend with him that his schedule is important, I however think differently, especially when it has no bearing upon the threads.

Right back to where I expect you to be.. Your mean hateful spirited postings of a typical liberal.. "Bush didnt have a clue or care".. thanks for bringing me back to the point that liberals keep up with the nonsense even when faced with facts proving you are wrong.

And Obama has been president for a year.. Can you list what he has done to help those areas devistated by Katrina? Or will you respond with, "Its all Bushs fault" like a good little liberal
I tried to rep you, but you know the rules. I get so tired of hearing it is Bush's fault. Granted he had some faults, his border policy was my biggest gripe, but he will be cold in the grave...just like Reagan and they will still be blaming him.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:11 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
"Administration officials noted that since taking office in January, their measures to speed up federal aid have already freed up more than $1 billion toward public infrastructure for Louisiana."

. . .

"The president was to be accompanied on the trip today by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan, and Education Secretary Arne Duncan. The three Cabinet members have all made trips to the region already this year.

"In total, members of the president's Cabinet and senior administration officials have made 22 trips to Louisiana in 2009, but just five to Mississippi and four to Alabama."

. . .

"The Obama administration has been quick to highlight the work it has done in its first year -- including $2.3 billion in Recovery Act money to fund recovery projects in Louisiana. . ."

Obama to Visit New Orleans to Survey Katrina Recovery - ABC News
Fantastic! More road projects. Well I guess they can live under the bridges. In the meantime, a few more representatives can take some trips over to see what they can see.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
"Administration officials noted that since taking office in January, their measures to speed up federal aid have already freed up more than $1 billion toward public infrastructure for Louisiana."

. . .

"The president was to be accompanied on the trip today by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan, and Education Secretary Arne Duncan. The three Cabinet members have all made trips to the region already this year.

"In total, members of the president's Cabinet and senior administration officials have made 22 trips to Louisiana in 2009, but just five to Mississippi and four to Alabama."

. . .

"The Obama administration has been quick to highlight the work it has done in its first year -- including $2.3 billion in Recovery Act money to fund recovery projects in Louisiana. . ."

Obama to Visit New Orleans to Survey Katrina Recovery - ABC News
Thanks for the Info - I'm impressed. We had a home in
Mississippi at the time and were lucky but still moved away. Pass Christian was destroyed.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Is that the best response you could come up with?

Since when have we ever needed to be ASKED for assistance before we take action? Do you forget that the US provided assistance to hurricane victims in Haiti in 2004, also during President Bushs term?
How many troops did Bush send top Haiti and was Bush's response to Haiti faster or slower than his response to Katrina?

Old 01-16-2010, 03:28 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
You want to discuss only helicopters fine.. Indeed they can travel the distance from these other areas.. If you want to discuss cargo, then one needs to discuss flights from Miami, and the NUMEROUS different planes that are built for this specific purpose. ..

YOU were the one who mentioned Miami and helicopters, NOW you want to speak of planes?

WHY? I KNOW why, because your first mention of helicopters flying from Miami being a viable option is a load of steaming crap. No points from your lame attempts at diverting attention from your original BS statement.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:32 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
You just dont like it when tables are turned because you liberals were all up jumping for joy after September 11, 2009 posting such nonsense threads comparing the timeline of "Obama kept us safer"

I thought even you had a shred more sense than to post such a baseless, asinine, factless, silly, ludicrous pile of steaming crap. I was wrong.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YOU were the one who mentioned Miami and helicopters, NOW you want to speak of planes?

WHY? I KNOW why, because your first mention of helicopters flying from Miami being a viable option is a load of steaming crap. No points from your lame attempts at diverting attention from your original BS statement.
Ooh please.. Do you have any valid dispute with the thread, or do you stay up at night losing sleep because someone suggested that support could be delivered by helicopter considering an airport was devistated?

I've seen some pretty pathetic arguments on cd, but never someone bemoan that support would come by way of plane vs helicopter. I'll be sure to send your concerns onto the Haiti people awaiting life savings supplies. I wonder if they will care about such meanial bs as you..

Old 01-16-2010, 03:37 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,656 times
Quote:
Ooh please.. Do you have any valid dispute with the thread, or do you stay up at night losing sleep because someone suggested that support could be delivered by helicopter considering an airport was devistated?

I've seen some pretty pathetic arguments on cd, but never someone bemoan that support would come by way of plane vs helicopter. I'll be sure to send your concerns onto the Haiti people awaiting life savings supplies. I wonder if they will care about such meanial bs as you..
Attack the message!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
You just dont like it when tables are turned because you liberals were all up jumping for joy after September 11, 2009 posting such nonsense threads comparing the timeline of "Obama kept us safer"
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I thought even you had a shred more sense than to post such a baseless, asinine, factless, silly, ludicrous pile of steaming crap. I was wrong.
I must have dreamed these up...
Obama has kept us safer than Bush

Hell, I even gave you the name of the thread, you could have done a simple search for it prior to needing me to embarass you claiming it didnt exist..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies