Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
so i assume you can prove with actually info the bribes and plans to take all guns away?

The right wing is so gullible....all they hear is god and guns vote repub
I was talking about a bribe to lawmakers. go back and read your own freaking post and then try again.
Feel free to stop ASSuming things about people too. There is no god in my world and I vote however I want. Way to show the ignorance, though.
move along
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed in Maine View Post
I am not a S&W apologist. I hate fraud and corruption at any level as much as anyone.

But, those people who have been outside the US, especially to Africa and the 3rd world will know. Bribery is Standard Operating Procedure at virtually every level. From something as simple as getting good directions to foreign weapons purchases or intelligence. Things get done when greenbacks are involved.

A whole different set of rules or standards apply.

amazing how people support guns being sent all over the world but try to send anything good to them and boy the right screams. But go ahead and arm the world...surely non of them are anti american right?

Oh we are armed the taliban when they were "freedom fighters" oops

Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
COME ON........no one wants to take your guns away.......Automatic assault rifles maybe.
You do realize that automatic assault rifles were essentially "taken away" in 1934, weren't you? For a civilian to own one a federal background check, $200 transfer tax, local law enforcement approval, and federal registration of the firearm take place, subject to inspection and review by the BATFE at any time. And that no new automatic firearms have been allowed to be owned by civilians (no additions to the registry) since 1986? Or have you gotten your knowledge of firearms laws form Hollywood?

Old 01-21-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
amazing how people support guns being sent all over the world but try to send anything good to them and boy the right screams. But go ahead and arm the world...surely non of them are anti american right?

Oh we are armed the taliban when they were "freedom fighters" oops
oh you but are make guns sense no post... haliburton, cheney, bush, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I still get it, though. you hate guns and that's great. The bad guys need more of you to shoot. have fun

Old 01-21-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I was talking about a bribe to lawmakers. go back and read your own freaking post and then try again.
Feel free to stop ASSuming things about people too. There is no god in my world and I vote however I want. Way to show the ignorance, though.
move along
perhaps you need to read than because I was speaking of alleged bribes by obama

secondly I said show proof that they are trying to take guns and you disputed.

But you can name call all you want, very good tactic when you cannot provide the information asked for.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

What is getting everyone's dander up about this post/article is that armament providers were targeted. This is a favorite pursuit of the far left. Coincidence? could be.
you missed the part stating the investigation started 2 1/2 years ago during thr bush administration. At least read before you attack

Old 01-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You do realize that automatic assault rifles were essentially "taken away" in 1934, weren't you? For a civilian to own one a federal background check, $200 transfer tax, local law enforcement approval, and federal registration of the firearm take place, subject to inspection and review by the BATFE at any time. And that no new automatic firearms have been allowed to be owned by civilians (no additions to the registry) since 1986? Or have you gotten your knowledge of firearms laws form Hollywood?

i am sorry assault weapons
USATODAY.com - Federal ban on assault weapons expires

Old 01-21-2010, 03:23 PM

the article calls out S&W, it has nothing to do with when the investigation started. Why did they call out S&W? this isn't exactly rocket science here, but then again there obviously aren't a lot of rocket scientists or even high school dropouts around at the moment...

and name calling? you can't do that here, so feel free to report any posts where I did. thanks, have a great day.

I will call the term assault weapons retarded, though. The logic is so flawed.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
oh you but are make guns sense no post... haliburton, cheney, bush, gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I still get it, though. you hate guns and that's great. The bad guys need more of you to shoot. have fun

still waiting for your factual support? got none? ok call names. you want my lunch money too ? I am real worried about random violence, it happens so often

Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Assault rifles are by definintion automatic, and the 1934 law applies. Perhaps you are as confused as USATODAY seems to be with semiautomatic rifles that look similar to automatic assault weapons. Be careful when using MSM sources on firearms issues, they know less about guns than the typical person does about quantum mechanics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies