Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose Biblical references on military weapons?
Support 13 18.31%
Oppose 38 53.52%
Don't care 20 28.17%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,237,863 times

Advertisements

Just looked to me like a serial number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Just looked to me like a serial number.
It does - they snuck it in. From that link in the original post:

Trijicon confirmed to ABCNews.com that it adds the biblical codes to the sights sold to the U.S. military.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,060,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Seriously? They are putting Bible versus on guns used for war. Do you not see a problem with that?
No. And it's not the versus, it's just the numbers of the versus hidden in the serial #.... you must go look them up to see what they say.
Is it odd? Maybe. But the title of the thread implied something violent. I expected to see violent Bible verses or something, which these were not once you looked them up. They were basically harmless and postitive. Big whoop. There's obviously another motive in the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Better question would be: "who would kill Jesus?" Answer: Bible-belt Christians or so-called Christian because they aren't.
You speak out of ignorance, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
These same people also attack Jews via Israel but always seem to want to defend Islam. Go figure. Oh how dare a private company put an initial and number on the product they product. Oh the horror that the initial and number represents something from the Christian Bible. How dare this private company do this! US Military also has chaplins that are receiving a govenment paycheck. HOW DARE THEY! The US Military even holds religious services. OH THE HORROR!

Get over your hatred for religion. You people say you're open minded and yet that seems to stop where religion is concerned. Karl Marx and Lenin would be proud of you.
Right on, brother. You get it. They're tolerant only of things they agree with.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,282,359 times
Question for the OP

Where is the "Prototype Assault Rifle" with verses from the New Testament?

I read the article twice now and see no mention of any prototype assault rifle.

Did you make that part up to get people to come to your thread?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
[quote=sxrckr;12503147]

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
(Jesus as) "the light of the world."
"Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Those were the Bible verses if you looked them up.
Hardly threatening or violent. If anything, they are uplifting and hopeful.

We don't need your anti-Christian views, intolerance and fear-mongering here.[/quote]

So its inappropriate to question if its ok for the Dept of Denfence to purchase equipment with biblical references stamped on it?

So if a contractor stamped Praises to Allah on the equipment he produced, and sold it to the DoD for use by our troops, you would be OK with that?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Question for the OP

Where is the "Prototype Assault Rifle" with verses from the New Testament?

I read the article twice now and see no mention of any prototype assault rifle.

Did you make that part up to get people to come to your thread?
The equipment referenced was a Trijicon sight scope...as well as other equipment produced by them.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,282,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The equipment referenced was a Trijicon sight scope...as well as other equipment produced by them.
I was referring to the thread title. It clearly says, right at the top of my page "prototype assault rifle" yet I see no mention of such a rifle in the article. This leads me to the conclusion that the OP made it up in order to attract people to this thread, it also indicates that anything the OP may say from here on out is suspect.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Did you read the article in the original post? The military is looking into it because they think laws may have been broken related to proselytizing of any religion. This aint a crusade. Assuming you are not a hindu, would you like it if somone gave you a weapon with a hindu saying on it?
Me personally? No, I wouldn't care. I think it's a big to-do about nothing.

Anyways, it is not the government putting references to bible verses on their weaponry, it's a private company. If the government were doing this, then yes there would be a problem with the separation of church and state. It is because of the 1st amendment that a privately owned and operated company is allowed to put whatever they want to on their products. NOBODY is forcing the government to buy their products.

The intolerance of the left is shocking.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Me personally? No, I wouldn't care. I think it's a big to-do about nothing.
...many will and are not as broadminded as you.

Quote:
Anyways, it is not the government putting references to bible verses on their weaponry, it's a private company. If the government were doing this, then yes there would be a problem with the separation of church and state. It is because of the 1st amendment that a privately owned and operated company is allowed to put whatever they want to on their products. NOBODY is forcing the government to buy their products.
Again, we all get it is a private company. What you dont get is that public funds are being used and this 'code" was snuck in. It seems it will be corrected.

Quote:
The intolerance of the left is shocking.
You may be assuming too much about me. Besides, it is CD - everyone is perpetually in a state of shock.

We seem to be raising and addressing the same issues repeatedly at this point in this thread.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:43 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,334,340 times
Quote:
...many will and are not as broadminded as you.
I get that, and I do understand why some would be offended.

Quote:
Again, we all get it is a private company. What you dont get is that public funds are being used and this 'code" was snuck in. It seems it will be corrected.
If there are grounds to break the contract to purchase these sights, then so be it. Shame on the government for not noticing it sooner. It's hidden in plain sight.

Quote:
You may be assuming too much about me. Besides, it is CD - everyone is perpetually in a state of shock.

We seem to be raising and addressing the same issues repeatedly at this point in this thread.
Agreed. I do think that some people claim shock and cry foul over some really dumb things though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies