Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 12:36 PM

900 posts, read 672,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I remember watching the "Dukes of Hazard" years ago. Seem to recall it featured a car - with the flag prominently featured on it.

Anyone here think that show was about racism??
No, it was about ignorant crackers.

I would hope the people posting here have a level of intelligence somewhere above that of the Dukes, but after reading some of these pro-slavery flag comments, it's doubtful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
From a politically correct perspective, whitey is not permitted to complain about anything non-white people say or do. Other wise...drumroll...whitey will be automatically tried and convicted as a racist. That's just the way it is.
Whitey needs to make up for all the wrong doing of the last 200 years. Whitey is not allowed to be proud. Whitey is expected to feel ashamed for all the bad things whitey has done over the years. Whitey is expected to be submissive and walk around with his tail between his legs until such a time that he is deemed paid back in full for his past actions.

So, regardless of your true reason for flying the confederate flag, you are percieved to be a racist because of certain events that took place in history that are associated with that flag. Unfortunately, because of the fact that there are quite a few idiots waving that flag around for the wrong reasons, anybody flying the flag is guilty by association. The one bad apple ruins it for the whole bunch scenario.
Whatever. It is what is. Nothing is going to change in our lifetime.
I'm done with the race issue, it's getting so old and played out. Everybody should invest the same amount of passion into dealing with more important issues instead of this sand box baby nonsense. Did I say whatever?

Gosh, you're done with the race issue? Wow, why didn't you say something earlier? Think of all the effort we've wasted discussing it over the last 150 years!

Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
There are also members of the KKK, who think it is a christian organization. People who are not in the KKK would probably disagree.

Some people think that the confederation stands for independence and freedom and others think it stands for treason and slavery.
That last group would be correct. That's why we fought "The War Against Southern Slavers".

Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Yeah, but we don't have to rejoice in the march, anymore than we should rejoice in people flying a flag that represents slavery and racial oppression. However, some here do so.
I did not say anything about "rejoicing" in the march - did I? Nor did I say, or insinuate, same about those flying the confederate flag.

BUT, the RIGHT - the ABSOLUTE RIGHT of these individuals to march, or fly their flags, MUST BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS if we are going to maintain our FREEDOMS.

Then again, we could change our ways to be like Hugo Chavez - he justs shuts down radio or television stations that do not agree with him.

Would you like to do as Chavez does?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It is really dumb for Confederates to try to point to other flags. It is just a feeble attempt to justify their own traitorous actions. They are sub-Americans who aren't very bright or loyal to the U.S.
Quote:
Do you fly a separate flag for your other relatives that have passed away that were not part of the Civil War? Probably not.
Actually, I do. Its called an American flag.
Ive relatives that died in the Revolutionary War, WWI, and WWII, as well as the Confederacy.

Quote:
Well, you'd be wrong. I spent a miserable year of my life living in Georgia while in the military. I found the weather atrocious, the life style about 25 years behind the rest of the country, and the people either dumb crackers, racists, or both. There were white areas of the town where our black soldiers were told not to visit because their safety couldn't be guaranteed.

So you can take your south and place it where the sun don't shine.
So because of one single year in Georgia you hate the entire South and spew your garbage whenever you get the chance? How extraordinarily open-minded of you. With this mindset, you will truely show your intellectual superiority to all of us poor, dumb Southerners. NOT.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to fly an Irish or Scottish flag that don't have the negative connotations? I don't see a whole of them down here. Might be a nice change from the Confederate flags.
Why? To appease those who don't like the flag? Sorry, I'm not one of those that gives a flying ---- what a stranger on the street thinks of me, and I'm certainly not about to appease someone I don't know, nor give a damn about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I'm not talking about or condemning the South. The issue is the Confederate flag that only a very small number of white racists & ignorant people cling to for security. Those people are weak & impotent & in no way represent the South or America. Just a bunch of sore losers with no education. Nobody wants to be associated with such morons.
*Yawn*
We've been over this, Californio. Im among those that fly said flag. Do you count me as "ignorant with no education" as well? Ive already proven to you I am not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Some of you are just going to have to get over the fact that the flag is a racist symbol to many people. If you want to fly your flag go ahead. Just don't ***** and moan when people judge you for flying it.
I wouldnt ***** and moan. Id simply tell them where to stuff their judgement, and write them off as not worth my time/attention.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Ok let me understand..Lincoln was killing Southerners in 1863 to free the slaves...but admits West Virginia into the United States as a slave state in 1863.....

Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Gosh, you're done with the race issue? Wow, why didn't you say something earlier? Think of all the effort we've wasted discussing it over the last 150 years!
Actually, now I've changed my mind. Tag me, I'm back in.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
There are also members of the KKK, who think it is a christian organization. People who are not in the KKK would probably disagree.

Some people think that the confederation stands for independence and freedom and others think it stands for treason and slavery.

We were a confederation before we were a nation. We were better off as a confederation.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:16 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Actually, I do. Its called an American flag.

*Yawn*
We've been over this, Californio. Im among those that fly said flag. Do you count me as "ignorant with no education" as well? Ive already proven to you I am not.
Hi Cold Diamond, you know I disagree with you but I won't argue with you because I respect women too much.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM

61 posts, read 35,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
We were a confederation before we were a nation. We were better off as a confederation.
Why do you want to be separated from the rest of the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies