Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6gDeGdQ3rM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 12:07 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Moderate Dems can continue to abuse her with words like wh*re, etc. After all, who else is she going to vote for?

Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
I think it is hilarious, when the Progressive Movement, tries to blame the huge government deficit on healthcare cost.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:44 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Maybe she can get a role in some vampire flick or something...14:30 and counting.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
First, the healthcare bill is about far more than getting insurance to everyone. But, I know facts are beyond you so I would go any further.

Second, jobs are the last thing to rebound when recovering from a recession. It takes time to build demand, which increases revenue and the demand for labor. That's taught in ECON101. The recession only started in the final quarter of 2008. Before Obama took office, people were stating that it could take years to rebound from, possibly even a decade. Yet, conservatives such as yourself are yelling for someone to do something when things are already rebounding far faster than anyone thought they would. By the way, you can thank our president for that not blame him for not taking action. Patience is key.

Third, millions of people in this country were without insurance when our unemployment is low. A large number of jobs do not offer insurance and they do not offer enough pay for people to afford it either. I use to work in the insurance industry, I can tell you how unreasonable rates can be for some people.
It doesnt get insurance to everyone.Even congress version doesnt get insurance to everyone. The senate version is just forcing people to buy insurance.

Yeah I get that jobs are the last thing to rebound. Just wondering how long are you all going to keep using that excuse? What a year from now 6mths. The American people are ticked off and sick of hearing excuses. They want JOBS. We were told that if we passed this stimulus bill the unemployment rate wouldnt get this high.

lol @ things are rebounding. This Obama supporter that happens to be a billionaire happens to think that Obamas actions are making matters worse.

Did it ever cross your mind that some of those without insurance did so because they didnt want it?

Yes we need to do something to make it cheaper for business to offer insurance. Why so many support the republicans plan that people and companys would be able to buy insurance over state lines and not be limited to just whats offered in their state.

I am actually an independent

But as I said when what is it around 80% of this country has insurance its kinda hard to sell there is a crisis.

But this is for another thread really

Old 01-27-2010, 01:08 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,451,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, she turned a lot of people onto Obama. But that's ok...just throw her under the bus along with the others.

Which is a huge problem in this country. We must stop voting for "American Idol Legislators" and pay attention to their political stances.

Oh, and breaking news! , John and Elizabeth Edwards have separated . . . .

Old 01-27-2010, 01:12 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Which is a huge problem in this country. We must stop voting for "American Idol Legislators" and pay attention to their political stances.

Oh, and breaking news! , John and Elizabeth Edwards have separated . . . .
If Americans spent as much time focusing on what their gov is doing as they do on what those in hollywood are doing we might get someplace

Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
If Americans spent as much time focusing on what their gov is doing as they do on what those in hollywood are doing we might get someplace
I get very angry when I see my wife on TMZ.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Actually, she turned a lot of people onto Obama. But that's ok...just throw her under the bus along with the others.
How can I throw someone under the bus when I have no idea who they are, have never spoken to them in my life, have no connection to them whatsoever? Do you even understand that statement? So you only like 15 mins. fame wh*res if they turn against liberals or democrats. Other than that, we can do w/out them. Gotcha. How predictable.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:18 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
No, we really dont. The cost of healthcare is a big culprit in the financial crisis. It needs to be tackled ASAP.
Like, healthcare is a huge issue. Like it's really big!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies