Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,286,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
cleanhouse ! ... Ain't It The Truth !!!

Old Glenn Beck has without a doubt got some folks absolutely terrorized with fear ! ... Come on now, old Glenn is just one guy for goodness sakes. Lighten up a bit and get a grip will ya! Quit acting like little Puddies"!
Thanks / Lamar
Hurry Lamar. You can probably still catch the end of Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,491,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Do you realize that the ^^^above sounds like the thinking of the brainwashed?
According to who? You?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,491,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Why would you think Fox isn't mainsteam media? They are the epitome of mainstream media.

Mainstream media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And wiki is your source? Good luck with that.

But anyway...so now that Fox is MSM, stop calling it a right wing loving station every time you "faux news" it or disregard a quote from it b/c it's some "right wing crap". Understand that it is MAINSTREAM. As in it appeals to the masses.

Can't have it both ways.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,952,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
And wiki is your source? Good luck with that.

But anyway...so now that Fox is MSM, stop calling it a right wing loving station every time you "faux news" it or disregard a quote from it b/c it's some "right wing crap". Understand that it is MAINSTREAM. As in it appeals to the masses.

Can't have it both ways.
Fox is certainly mainstream media, even as pervertedly right-wing as it is. In fact, considering it's ratings that people so love to boast about, it is the most mainstream news channel of all. Do you really think that the #1 watched news channel isn't mainstream media?

Fair and balanced? Heck no, but that's a different can of worms completely. It certainly justifies the label of faux news though. Just because a lot of people watch or listen to a large reaching media outlet doesn't mean the information presented is factual.

Fox needs to quit whining and admit that THEY are a the biggest MSM engine around, right now. It's you who can't have it both ways.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,516,384 times
Quote:
Fox is certainly mainstream media, even as pervertedly right-wing as it is. In fact, considering it's ratings that people so love to boast about, it is the most mainstream news channel of all. Do you really think that the #1 watched news channel isn't mainstream media?

Fair and balanced? Heck no, but that's a different can of worms completely. It certainly justifies the label of faux news though. Just because a lot of people watch or listen to a large reaching media outlet doesn't mean the information presented is factual.

Fox needs to quit whining and admit that THEY are a the biggest MSM engine around, right now. It's you who can't have it both ways.
Your right. millions of Americans like news organizations to lie to them.

Do you people ever watch Fox News? If you did you would see they basically report the exact same stories as CNN, NBC etc....

Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
No because Beck is sham artist. I'm surprised he didn't cry on the call. No wonder you like him so much.
You do a great job of calling Beck names but somehow I don't think you ever take part with him, at all.

Lets check your guts on this one. Go to Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more. com and watch the whole 2-1-10 program and then come back with your huge list of all the lies he told. I know enough about history to tell you that if you find even one lie there you will really surprise me.

I also know that the words from John Adams to his wife, Abigail written in 1775 after the Declaration of Independence had been written make too much sense for us to not pay attention. Adams wrote, "A Constitution of Government once changed from freedom, can never be restored, liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

I think that many people here need to read those words and then do some serious thinking about what is going on in our nation these days. Don't strain yourself because I know you won't watch more than 5 minutes of that show. However, I will be able to tell from what you say about it if you are lying. Go off to your room and hide out for a while to keep from having a gut check.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Thanks for the laugh

Fed with BS..........and watered with Becks tears.............
I see that meson has grown a follower. Did he manage to do it like that? Hey, he knows just as much about Beck as you do and that isn't enough to place on the head of a pin with those million angels monks used to argue about. Does it ever bother you to be so ignorant of a thing and still get in there with the name calling? I didn't think it did.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Do you realize that the ^^^above sounds like the thinking of the brainwashed?
Whoa back, hoss. it is you that sound brainwashed since you have never seen one whole show of Beck's. I doubt that you have seen any part of one of them like so many of the other name callers here.

As I recall, the brainwashing of the 50s was always done by people from the far left, mostly in other countries. Now how can you lefties make statements like that one by you? Oh yeah, there are more like you who know nothing but are so willing to act like you do with the others.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Why would you think Fox isn't mainsteam media? They are the epitome of mainstream media.

Mainstream media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fox can't be mainstream media since our illustrious President has declared them anything but a news agency. I guess you don't know that the lamestream media is all the news agencies but Fox in the eyes of our President. I guess you and whoever put that Wiki crap out don't know what really is going on.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
roysoldboy ! ... You are once again "Right On" with your post !

Regrettably though even with your most respected best efforts at attempting to inject logic and accuracy ... It just ain't quite enough for
a few of the pitifully "Thick Headed" crew that continues to slither around the extreme outer perimeters of CDF !

Nice try though ... Keep up the great work !

Thanks / Lamar
Lamar, I had to watch Beck's show today this evening since i was away from home when he was on. I got just a bit worked up from watching it and now reading some of these people is getting me more worked up. I have even challenged one of them to watch that show and come back to report all the lies he told today. She won't watch but she has been challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies