Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
El Drugo Rushbo recently stated that $250,000 income is not wealthy. He doesn't realize that only 2% of the population make $250,000. Fair enough, however on his website he claims that only the "rich" pay taxes, citing as evidence that the top 50% pay 96% of taxes.

So let me get this straight, being in the top 50% makes you rich, but being in the top 2% does not. That is what you call Republican logic, or rampant drug abuse

Only the rich pay taxes by Rush Limbaugh
Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes

Edit, for those dittoheads who don't know the definition of either rich or wealthy here it is, with link
Rich | Definition of Rich at Dictionary.com:

Rich:
1. having wealth or great possesions
2. abounding in natural resources
3. having wealth or valuable resources
A lot of taxpayers who fall into the $250,000 are Sub S Corps, and Rush made a point of saying if they had a gross income of $250 k their were not rich, and he made a not so convincing argument that a married couple made up of a fireman and teacher might also make $250 k in some areas, but that is a stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, thats not what he said..

He said someone making $250K is not wealthy
But the rich pay taxes and per Obamas definition, $250K is rich...

The Rich are now necessarily wealthy, but the wealthy are indeed rich.

You cant follow the dots while lecturing me? ooh thats humor..

are you blind????? This has nothing to do with obama. It staright from the jackasses mouth and website.

El Drugo Rushbo recently stated that $250,000 income is not wealthy. He doesn't realize that only 2% of the population make $250,000. Fair enough, however on his website he claims that only the "rich" pay taxes, citing as evidence that the top 50% pay 96% of taxes.

He claims the top 5% are rich get it??? and the 250k a year puts you in the top 5% get it? Really simple

Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
you need 200k per person to live in retirement????? wow you have big retirement plans??
The idea behind retirement is to live off the income generated through your lifes work. If you dont have funds setup where you can live off JUST the interest or other revenue sources you created through your life, you indeed are left to live in poverty.
Quote:
and you read this exactly how

El Drugo Rushbo
And here you discredit yourself by admitting you wont understand ANYTHING Rush says.
Quote:
recently stated that $250,000 income is not wealthy. He doesn't realize that only 2% of the population make $250,000. Fair enough, however on his website he claims that only the "rich" pay taxes, citing as evidence that the top 50% pay 96% of taxes.
$250,000 IS NOT WEALTHY.. How difficult is this for you to understand? It might make a decent living but INCOME is not WEALTH..

Indeed only the RICH pay taxes, the poor dont.. they get credits and refunds, and the wealthy, well they use various tax shelters, corporations, land trusts, etc to avoid taxes. The fact that you dont understand this isnt surprising considering you dont understand one needs funds for retirment saved..

WEALTH is MONEY IN THE BANK, generating MONEY..
Rich is having a nice income, generated through WORK..

Those working have the highest taxable rate in society.. Wealthy, generating profits through investing have a much lower taxable rate..

Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
The sad part is, I dont think its pretend...

These are the same people who non stop cry because people are richer than they are.. when they cant even understand basic math that rich <> wealthy...

The wealthy have income because their money generates more wealth. The rich have income because they work for it. There is a HUGE difference that obviously many in america dont understand..

no one is crying except you. you continue to got off on misdirected tirades on every thread you post on. You have such a partisan agenda it is not even funny. Not to mention have you left this forum in the past 48 hours at all? What exactly good do you do for society? or is this your job to spear lies and BS?

I mean seriously please try to actually talk about the subject at hond once in a while. Rush is really getting to your head

Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:

He claims the top 5% are rich get it??? and the 250k a year puts you in the top 5% get it? Really simple
Obviously YOU are the one who dont get it...

Only 2% of the population makes $250,000, but making $250,000 might make you RICH.. It does NOT make you wealthy.. If you bring in $250,000 a year and spend $500,000 you are in POVERTY..

The wealthy have ASSETS.. Money in the bank, generating money.. Investments, properties, bonds, trust investments, you know, things that BRING IN MONEY without WORKING FOR IT.. These investments are taxed at a LOWER rate than those who make $250,000 through WORK..

Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
no one is crying except you. you continue to got off on misdirected tirades on every thread you post on. You have such a partisan agenda it is not even funny. Not to mention have you left this forum in the past 48 hours at all? What exactly good do you do for society? or is this your job to spear lies and BS?

I mean seriously please try to actually talk about the subject at hond once in a while. Rush is really getting to your head
So now you speak for my head? Considering I havent listened to Rush in about 2-3 years.. You are wrong speaking for my head, just like you are wrong on this thread as usual..

Maybe some will NEVER understand the difference between "rich" bringing in $250,000 a year and WEALTHY.. Those who dont need to get up in the morning to work.

DIFFERENT tax brackets.. Maybe I understand better because I'm in the "wealthy" tax bracket (even though I'm far from wealthy.. its all on paper).. If I "worked" I would indeed pay MUCH MORE in taxes because work income is taxed at a MUCH HIGHER rate than investment income..

Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
The idea behind retirement is to live off the income generated through your lifes work. If you dont have funds setup where you can live off JUST the interest or other revenue sources you created through your life, you indeed are left to live in poverty.
What exactly doe that this have to do with "needing" 200k person a year to live on as the poster said?????? Don't think thats quite poverty

Quote:
And here you discredit yourself by admitting you wont understand ANYTHING Rush says.
First off I did not say that secondly rush is an fing moron. anyone who believes a word he says discredits themselves. He is a hypocritical liar, drug addict, propoganda machine. If you can't see that you are helpless

Quote:
$250,000 IS NOT WEALTHY.. How difficult is this for you to understand? It might make a decent living but INCOME is not WEALTH.

WEALTH is MONEY IN THE BANK, generating MONEY..
Rich is having a nice income, generated through WORK..

If you make enough money to put you in the top 5% of income earners and have no money in the bank thats your own damn fault for how you lived. Just the poster from chicago complaining about only making 180k not being much ...but they drive a brand new caddy Its personal responsibility like the right always like to say.
Quote:
Those working have the highest taxable rate in society.. Wealthy, generating profits through investing have a much lower taxable rate..

Cry me a river for the wealthiest people:cry ing: awwww poor guys having to pay taxes for all the money they have. boooooooooooo hooooooooooo. I guarantee you my family pays more of total income in % than someone making 5 million a year because they have loopholes out the butt

Old 02-03-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Obviously YOU are the one who dont get it...

Only 2% of the population makes $250,000, but making $250,000 might make you RICH.. It does NOT make you wealthy.. If you bring in $250,000 a year and spend $500,000 you are in POVERTY..

The wealthy have ASSETS.. Money in the bank, generating money.. Investments, properties, bonds, trust investments, you know, things that BRING IN MONEY without WORKING FOR IT.. These investments are taxed at a LOWER rate than those who make $250,000 through WORK..

top 2% but no money in the bank....is the fault of whom???

Old 02-03-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
So now you speak for my head? Considering I havent listened to Rush in about 2-3 years.. You are wrong speaking for my head, just like you are wrong on this thread as usual..

Maybe some will NEVER understand the difference between "rich" bringing in $250,000 a year and WEALTHY.. Those who dont need to get up in the morning to work.

DIFFERENT tax brackets.. Maybe I understand better because I'm in the "wealthy" tax bracket (even though I'm far from wealthy.. its all on paper).. If I "worked" I would indeed pay MUCH MORE in taxes because work income is taxed at a MUCH HIGHER rate than investment income..

and as usual you fail to realize you are arguing a point different from the thread to skew the topic and make your agenda points. No shi& people with 200 million live better than people with 250k a year salary but that was never the point of the thread now was it??

NO matter what you point out the bottom line is 250k a year puts in the top 2% income and no one should bad for you.....that means you make more than 98% of the rest of the world

Old 02-03-2010, 10:58 AM

For those of you liberals who dont understand the difference, maybe this will help..

There are 4 quadrants in society
Employee quadrant - These people go to work.. They have a job, they are taxed at the highest rate.. This is where someone who WORKS to bring in $250,000 would reside in.. They are not WEALTHY by definition because they need to WORK..

Self employed quadrant - These people might income over $250,000 but do not usually have wealth. Usually their wealth is retained in their own business, and if they stopped running it due to retirement or illness, their wealth goes away along with their income. They share the next highest tax burdeon. Essentially they work for a job, one they themself control..

Business owner quadrant - These people can have income over $250,000 and can indeed be considered wealthy because their money and income comes from other individuals labor. If they die, the business will continue to operate (Warren Buffet a prime example).. They have the next lowest taxable burdeon.

Investors quadrant - These people have wealth, and their income is derived from that wealth. Their income comes regardless if they wake up in the morning, and even if they die. They have the lowest taxable burdeon of all.

One can indeed have an income of $250,000 and NOT be wealthy because wealth is derived from ASSETS.. not income and expenses..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies