Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Republicans Only - Is Obama a Native Born U.S. Citizen?
Yes 21 38.18%
No 18 32.73%
I don't know 16 29.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
"at least five years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen."

Have you checked to see how old his mother was when he was born. You just proved he is not a natural born citizen unless his mother was in Hawaii when he was born. That is the question and I think it still needs to be proven and it has not been.
Here's the result of my research on Wiki.

Quote:
On August 4, 1961, at the age of 18, Dunham gave birth to her first child, Barack Obama II
Quote:
By January 1962, she had enrolled at the University of Washington, and was living as a single mother in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle with her son while her husband continued his studies in Hawaii.
Quote:
It was at the East-West Center that Dunham met Lolo Soetoro, a student from Indonesia.[28] They married in 1966 or 1967 and moved with six-year-old Barack to Jakarta, Indonesia, just after the unrest surrounding the ascent of Suharto.
Looks like she was in the USA till 1966 or 1967.

So she was in the USA long enough.

Even if she took the kid to Kenya for a visit a day after he was born he was still born in the USA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

Old 02-07-2010, 01:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
Indeed, I was not around during Eisenhower's time, so I can't say if I would had found his "nuclear" as endearing as Bush's. I do like his daughter though.
Few people under 60 were around for Eisenhower.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
So not just Obama's birth certificate is in question here but his education as well?
Since he locked up his school records along with his birth certificate we have no real idea about his grades, term papers, doctoral dissertation or anything like that. We aren't even allowed to see anything he may have written for the Harvard Law Review. I wonder what those things sounded like.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:37 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Few people under 60 were around for Eisenhower.
Is that a reason to rejoice?
Why not, life is short and that is as good of a reason as any, be happy, roysoldboy!

Old 02-07-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
#1. I'm not a leftie.

#2. Obama was born in Hawaii.

#3. If there was any question about his citizenship it wouldn't have to be speculated on message boards because this would have gone to court before he was inaugurated.

People are whipping a dead issue for the sake of their own personal bias.

I didn't vote for Obama, but he's the president now. If McCain had won the election would people still be talking about him not being born in the USA? Wasn't he born in Panama? Maybe, but I didn't hear any opposition regarding McCain's citizenship when he was running against Bush in 2000.

If you don't like Obama's politics, then debate that. But if you're someone who questions his citizenship, then run it through the Supreme Court. Others have tried and failed. It's time to stop discussing it because he's not going anywhere until the end of his term. It's like a child having a tantrum over wanting a toy he can't have or going to Disneyland. No matter how much he protests he's never going to get his way.
You need to get informed about some of this. The Senate voted that McCain was ok since his parents were in Panama and his father was in military service for his country. The fact that he was born in a military hospital to those two people makes him a citizen without question. However, I might also add that Obama voted in favor of the McCain thing, too.

How does one run that question through the Supreme Court? I know of no other way than to go through lower courts, to an appellate court and then the Supreme Court will take it. The rules are the rules and we must follow them.

It will be time to stop discussing this one when he releases just one of the records I mentioned to prove his citizenship. Actually, it is his Occidental College records I am most interested in and they can't be released either. Only his signature can prove any of this but I am not sure just why he won't release the info to shut the mouths of the birthers. Could it be that he enjoys the split among our people over it? Could it be because until he does his duty the thing is not going away? I sincerely believe that he is doing it to prove that the Constitution means nothing.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I treat the Constitution with the same deference you do, sir.
However, such questions must be placed and answered before not after an election.

P.S. Oops, sorry, LuckyGem, that question was addressed to you.
Many of us were questioning all that before the election but, of course, the MSM didn't let it out.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Since he locked up his school records along with his birth certificate we have no real idea about his grades, term papers, doctoral dissertation or anything like that. We aren't even allowed to see anything he may have written for the Harvard Law Review. I wonder what those things sounded like.
Roysoldboy, you should make a freedom of information request and have those documents displayed along with the Constitution of the United States in the National Archives Rotunda in Washington D.C.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
As LuckyGem previously suggested, NCN, if you have factual information regarding Obama not being born in Hawaii, why don't you contact the parties interested in this matter and have them pursue legal avenues to clarify the matter once and for all?
And these parties would be . . . . . . . ?

Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
And these parties would be . . . . . . . ?
You tell me, darling.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Here's the result of my research on Wiki.

Looks like she was in the USA till 1966 or 1967.

So she was in the USA long enough.

Even if she took the kid to Kenya for a visit a day after he was born he was still born in the USA.

Ann Dunham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Can you tell me who the author of that Wikipedia article is? Since anybody who wants to change an article in that "source" I don't use it for anything other than quick possibles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies