Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:57 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Maybe you should read your entirely inaccurate quote again. I'll make it easy for you...here it is...

Let's face it. Medicare and Social Security will have to be deramatically cut or eliminated to avoid insolvency.

Still false, and stubbornly refusing to move from that spot.

Oh, I came from your "real world" to get here. Took a 30% pay cut, but the WH Fellows program was too good an opportunity to pass up. And no regrets. It's all certainly worked out rather well in the long-run.

Ah, COBRA. That's a fine example of affordable health care, right there. Let's definitely put everybody into that. As for marxist takeovers, the next one to be proposed will be the first. As a nation, we WILL be forced into a national health care plan, you know, and quite a bit sooner now than later. Should have happened 15 years ago (if not more), but the sands in your hourglass are most definitely running very low right now.

I'd very much look forward to that. I've put the word out over at 1600 to let them know I'd be most interested in the job if it were offered.

Not to worry. We have plans to issue quite a number of H1-B visas, so you go right ahead and retire if that's what you feel you need to do.

Well, I don't have anything worse than bunions and a little carpal tunnel syndrome, but I don't think any of that is relevant to the discussion, so I'll just note wishes for the best of future health for both of us.

So it isn't the medicine part that makes your profession enjoyable -- you know, the compassion and healing and all that. Instead, it's the not being leaned on by government thing. Can't do diagnoses without adequate liberty? Unable to stomach the thought that the government might say, you know, in cases like this around the country, 50 mg of obamacin bid has shown the most consistent results?

So the truth comes out again, Saggy. As noted by your interests in enslaving members of the medical profession, if possible, as well as your disdain for the views of the citizens of the US, you are truely a fascist who should have no place in ANY government. It is truely shocking that our government has been infiltrated by enemies of freedom, such as yourself. Shocking. I wonder how the hell you were raised that makes you hold dear the principles of subjugation and dismissal of civil rights instead of the principles that established this Constitution.

Saggy, perhaps you need a little self examination. Throughout history, what kind of people have advocated slavery and have promoted the divine "rights" of enlightened "rulers" over the inalienable rights of free men? Not many heros there who are celebrated in history. We HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT, THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.................... take a little field trip over to the Lincoln Memorial, my fascist friend. I think you will find that people who have supported your viewpoints and held your core beliefs have been viewed as the villians of world history. No one (apparently, except libs) admires a tyrant. Eventually, as you will find, these tyrants are usually the victims of the exact people they have attempted to enslave. I think this will be true eventually as well of liberal fascists.

Regarding J-1 Visas- "bring it on". Have you met many Indian and Pakistani doctors? They are here for one reason- money. When the money train of medicine stops running, these guys will hightail it back to Bombay. The FMGs will galdly tell you that they are here for one reason alone and are not ashamed of it at all. Now with low reimbursement, how exactly are you going to entice foreign physicians to the US? HIGHER salaries? Kind of defeats the whole point, doesn't it, Saggy. Also, good luck with the quality of care there with FMGs. I have seen these guys do things that would scare the crap out of you. I do reviews for Medicare and the largest private insurer in the US. The majority of guys I review for billing fraud and malpractice are FMGs. There IS a big difference in quality, and the perception of the hghly skilled, talented Indian physician is myth perpetuated in the entertainment industry. Saggy, why don't you get your next surgery performed by a non-US trained doc and put your health where your mouth is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Oh and btw... just in case you'd criticise me

I'll gladly let them keep all the SS that they stole from me as a contribution and testament to their lack of discipline. I'd rather make a statute to their failed selfishness than let this one off lightly!!

It's so great. They expected revenue from younger workers yet they thieved the whole economy. Jacked up real estate and college tuition to nose bleed heights. Ran medical costs to the roof.

And then they expect people to work for nothing and pay taxes to boot. SS is an anchor around the neck of workers. Same as all that I mentioned above. And all that was caused by the Boomers who expect to retire early in the sunshine.

I love the smell of defeat. Boomers now have to anty up just like the rest of us. Fair is fair.
I did anty up for 45 yrs and I hope to collect the money I paid into it before it's all gone.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
No. It's called training or maybe civic duty. Whatever you call it there is no excuse for laziness. Get to work. Stop spending your days on the computer and go find someone that needs information managed, created, organized or otherwise. They maybe they may pay you. Or if that's too much for you then go help an old person or disabled person or a new mom who may need skills or what ever. Ahhh.... or just sit on you bumm and complain.
And I'm sure you do all of this???

Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So the truth comes out again, Saggy. As noted by your interests in enslaving members of the medical profession, if possible, as well as your disdain for the views of the citizens of the US, you are truely a fascist who should have no place in ANY government. It is truely shocking that our government has been infiltrated by enemies of freedom, such as yourself. Shocking. I wonder how the hell you were raised that makes you hold dear the principles of subjugation and dismissal of civil rights instead of the principles that established this Constitution.

Saggy, perhaps you need a little self examination. Throughout history, what kind of people have advocated slavery and have promoted the divine "rights" of enlightened "rulers" over the inalienable rights of free men? Not many heros there who are celebrated in history. We HOLD THESE TRUTHS TO BE SELF EVIDENT, THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.................... take a little field trip over to the Lincoln Memorial, my fascist friend. I think you will find that people who have supported your viewpoints and held your core beliefs have been viewed as the villians of world history. No one (apparently, except libs) admires a tyrant. Eventually, as you will find, these tyrants are usually the victims of the exact people they have attempted to enslave. I think this will be true eventually as well of liberal fascists.

Regarding J-1 Visas- "bring it on". Have you met many Indian and Pakistani doctors? They are here for one reason- money. When the money train of medicine stops running, these guys will hightail it back to Bombay. The FMGs will galdly tell you that they are here for one reason alone and are not ashamed of it at all. Now with low reimbursement, how exactly are you going to entice foreign physicians to the US? HIGHER salaries? Kind of defeats the whole point, doesn't it, Saggy. Also, good luck with the quality of care there with FMGs. I have seen these guys do things that would scare the crap out of you. I do reviews for Medicare and the largest private insurer in the US. The majority of guys I review for billing fraud and malpractice are FMGs. There IS a big difference in quality, and the perception of the hghly skilled, talented Indian physician is myth perpetuated in the entertainment industry. Saggy, why don't you get your next surgery performed by a non-US trained doc and put your health where your mouth is?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I did anty up for 45 yrs and I hope to collect the money I paid into it before it's all gone.
My friend, that money is spent by the government well in advance of collecting it from your paycheck !

It's been all gone for years. What's in there now are IOU's from the Treasury.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Shamus Cooke: The Democrats are Coming After Social Security

Does this concern any of you or does it not come as a surprise?
If the Dems are for trying to save it, the Repugnants are for letting it fall off the cliff. That's the reality of today's politics.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
If the Dems are for trying to save it, the Repugnants are for letting it fall off the cliff. That's the reality of today's politics.
Yes, sadly it is.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:48 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
My friend, that money is spent by the government well in advance of collecting it from your paycheck ! It's been all gone for years. What's in there now are IOU's from the Treasury.
Whatever investments you might hold are riskier than those IOU's...

Old 02-12-2010, 05:05 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
"Is the Internet Making Us stupid?"

Apparently so.

Why on earth would republicans want to see social security fall off the cliff?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
S-A-V-E is bad 4 letter word to the Dems. They have no understanding of what that word means. Now you say "spend" to them and they have no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies