Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2010, 09:21 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,129,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Guess what ... those eye witnesses were there too, and I'd put their credibility against yours in a New York City second.
Only because they agree with you. You certainly wouldn't be taking their word for it if they disagreed with your theory.

I've seen plenty of video of cops, firefighters and regular citizens that were there who say that there weren't any bombs. Why aren't you posting those videos or citing those people? Are they not just as credible as the cops, firefighters and regular citizens - all of which are total strangers to you - that agree with you?

What do they call that? Double standard? Hypocrisy? Ahh, I can't remember...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 10:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Only because they agree with you. You certainly wouldn't be taking their word for it if they disagreed with your theory.

I've seen plenty of video of cops, firefighters and regular citizens that were there who say that there weren't any bombs. Why aren't you posting those videos or citing those people? Are they not just as credible as the cops, firefighters and regular citizens - all of which are total strangers to you - that agree with you?

Because the citations of "those people" were made AFTER or DURING the fabrication of the authoritarian consensus. They followed script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie.

They are Government dregs who learned long ago to - go along and get along.

They just want to "put the whole thing behind them and move forward" - the kind of cheap-tactic phraseology used by Government Concealment Technicians and most other Government "followers".

A government employee is considered brave and patriotic who will lie to protect and support his vertical hierarchy. Some expect payback somewhere down the road, and if they don't get it, they console themselves with a 'pride of "patriotism". They fulfilled their obscure role in the history of keeping their nation strong.

Damn - what a good feeling!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Because the citations of "those people" were made AFTER or DURING the fabrication of the authoritarian consensus. They followed script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie.

They just want to "put the whole thing behind them and move forward" - the kind of cheap-tactic phraseology used by Government Concealment Technicians and most other Government "followers".

A government employee is considered brave and patriotic who will lie to protect and support his vertical hierarchy. Some expect payback somewhere down the road, and if they don't get it, they console themselves with a 'pride of "patriotism". They fulfilled their obscure role in the history of keeping their nation strong.

Did you read at all a post I had earlier? Again, I have a patient at the VA who professionally demolished large buildings and is a retired mechanicial engineer. He began his interest in demolitions in WW2 and went to engineering school on the GI bill. This is what he did professionally- take down buildings.

He said it would take a crew of 200 men six months to set the charges and wire the building for such a demolition. Obviously, with a crew of 200 drilling, tapping,laying wire and setting charges over a 6 month period, it might attract a little attention. It is pure lunacy to suggest that this was a planned demolition.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Did you read at all a post I had earlier? Again, I have a patient at the VA who professionally demolished large buildings and is a retired mechanicial engineer. He began his interest in demolitions in WW2 and went to engineering school on the GI bill. This is what he did professionally- take down buildings.

He said it would take a crew of 200 men six months to set the charges and wire the building for such a demolition. Obviously, with a crew of 200 drilling, tapping,laying wire and setting charges over a 6 month period, it might attract a little attention. It is pure lunacy to suggest that this was a planned demolition.
And, did you read my response that your friend was not allowed to play with thermite?

Old 02-21-2010, 11:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,230,776 times
Quote:
Semi-OT, but not really worth starting another thread over:

Crowder on rebuilding the WTC

YouTube - World Trade Center DISASTER!
This is greatness

Old 02-21-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:

And of course the top of the hierarchy, was . . . this:

YouTube - Great Moments In Presidential Speeches Compilation

Old 02-21-2010, 11:51 AM

15,115 posts, read 8,647,627 times
Quote:

No it's called critical thinking. You should try it sometime ... it's not hard ... in the opening of one of the video clips you can clearly hear a LOUD explosion. Now you can believe that was just an overheated can of office cleaner exploding, or you can just listen and allow yourself to hear the bomb going off like everyone else. Or, if that's too tough, you could also ask yourself why would all of these people chose to lie? You can ask yourself why all of the firefighters talk about bombs going off ... you can ask why all of the cops are talking about secondary devices found ... cops ... rescue workers ... reporters ... average Joes on the street ... all of them hallucinating? All of them conspiracy theorists making it up on the spot, while the events are unfolding? Or you can believe what someone says three days later ... because that is what YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.

As for me agreeing with them, that's not the issue, and not how I operate ... you are projecting your own mindset and ego insecurity on others ... I suffer no such delusions or fears. I would actually prefer that you were right, and the official story told was true. This would be far more comfortable than recognizing that certain highly placed, powerful, psychopathic murderers have seized control of our government, because I have no desire for that to be true. Unfortunately, you cannot "un-know" something. Once you know it, you know it.

Now, you can go on believing in Santa Claus if it makes you feel safer .. or if you think there is a new bicycle in it for you. That's your choice.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 02-21-2010 at 12:00 PM..

Old 02-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Wow, how ridiculous.

There's two people (at least) posting in this thread that were there that day and who disagree with your version of the truth. How does that reconcile with your statement above? Why are they - people who are just as "credible" as some anonymous stranger in some YouTube vdeo - not telling the truth, but the people in the videos are?

Oh, I know. It's because they disagree with you, whereas the people in the videos support your fantasy. So the strangers in the videos are right, and the strangers engaging you in discussion are wrong. Got it.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
No it's called critical thinking. You should try it sometime
There's irony for ya.

Quote:
in the opening of one of the video clips you can clearly hear a LOUD explosion. Now you can believe that was just an overheated can of office cleaner exploding, or you can just listen and allow yourself to hear the bomb going off like everyone else.
What proof do you have that it's a bomb?

I'll bet that you're one of those people that sees a light in the sky, and is convinced that it's aliens. You dismiss the fact that it's in a normal flight path for a plane on approach to whatever airport you live near - it's a UFO, and nothing will convince you short of someone personally flying up there and photographing it for you, before it leaves your sight. Even then, you'd probably claim that the pictures were doctored...

Quote:
you could also ask yourself why would all of these people chose to lie? You can ask yourself why all of the firefighters talk about bombs going off ... you can ask why all of the cops are talking about secondary devices found ... cops ... rescue workers ... reporters ... average Joes on the street ... all of them hallucinating? All of them conspiracy theorists making it up on the spot, while the events are unfolding?
I think you missed my point entirely. I'll try again...

You have a bunch of people there, "while the events are unfolding." They all saw and heard the same things. SOME of them agree with your position, and SOME of them don't. You give the ones that do more credibility than the ones that don't. I'm asking WHY. They're all complete strangers to you. They all are "firefighters, cops, rescue workers, reporters and average Joes on the street." WHY are some of them (the ones that agree with you) right, and some (the ones that don't) wrong?

It's a simple question, and you can't spin your way around it.

Quote:
As for me agreeing with them, that's not the issue
It's EXACTLY the issue. Don't deflect or divert - if you're going to use one subset of this group to support your position, you have to explain why the rest are wrong.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:52 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,503,810 times
Quote:
No it's called critical thinking. You should try it sometime ... it's not hard ... in the opening of one of the video clips you can clearly hear a LOUD explosion. Now you can believe that was just an overheated can of office cleaner exploding, or you can just listen and allow yourself to hear the bomb going off like everyone else. ......................... That's your choice.

maybe you could figure out there is a difference between an explosion and a BOMB

ever see a battery explode??????.....sounds like a bomb...but its not

get the point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies