Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times

Advertisements

YouTube - John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
actually ae911...gages web site, has been debunked many times, gages makes most of his ASSUMPTIONS based on David Ray Griffin, and Steven Jones

and what is the FIRST thing you see on ae911......FUND RAISING

and just because someone says they are an engineer, doesnt mean they are an arctitectual or STRUCTURAL enginner, or a demolutions expert

April 09, 2006
Dear Editor,

After reading in the Daily Herald the presentations made by Professor Steven E. Jones (BYU Physics) to students at UVSC and BYU, I feel obligated to reply to his "Conspiracy Theory" relating to the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center (9/11/01).

I have studied the summary of the report by FEMA, The American Society of Civil Engineers and several other professional engineering organizations. These experts have given in detail the effects on the Towers by the impact of the commercial aircraft. I have also read Professor Jones' (referred to) 42 page unpublished report. In my understanding of structural design and the properties of structural steel I find Professor Jones' thesis that planted explosives (rather than fire from the planes) caused the collapse of the Towers, very unreliable.

The structural design of the towers was unique in that the supporting steel structure consisted of closely spaced columns in the walls of all four sides. The resulting structure was similar to a tube. When the aircraft impacted the towers at speeds of about 500 plus mph, many steel columns were immediately severed and others rendered weak by the following fires. The fires critically damaged the floors systems. Structural steel will begin to lose strength when heated to temperatures above 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. Steel bridge girders are bent to conform to the curved roadway by spot heating flanges between 800 and 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. It is easy to comprehend the loss of carrying capacity of all the structural steel due to the raging fires fed by the jet's fuel as well as aircraft and building contents.

Before one (especially students) supports such a conspiracy theory, they should investigate all details of the theory. To me a practicing structural engineer of 57 continuous years (1941-1998), Professor Jones' presentations are very disturbing.

D. Allan Firmage

Professor Emeritus, Civil Engineering, BYU

--------------------
you can join the debate here
9/11 Conspiracy Theories - JREF Forum

there are hundreds of PEER reviewed papers here that debunk gage,jone,griffen and thier conspiracy theory

http://www.debunking911.com/paper.htm

Old 02-22-2010, 12:11 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The profits come in many ways and many forms.

Millions of people profited from 9/11, and millions lost.
You still didn't answer the question.

For the third time:

Just so we're clear: Your position is that MightyQueen "followed script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie."

And: "They are Government dregs who learned long ago to - go along and get along."

Is that correct?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

For the third time:

Just so we're clear: Your position is that MightyQueen "followed script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie."
I didn't say that, you said that, MightyQueen, that is!

Quote:
And: "They are Government dregs who learned long ago to - go along and get along."

Is that correct?
Now, what is your point?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually ae911...gages web site, has been debunked many times, gages makes most of his ASSUMPTIONS based on David Ray Griffin, and Steven Jones

and what is the FIRST thing you see on ae911......FUND RAISING

and just because someone says they are an engineer, doesnt mean they are an arctitectual or STRUCTURAL enginner, or a demolutions expert

April 09, 2006
Dear Editor,

After reading in the Daily Herald the presentations made by Professor Steven E. Jones (BYU Physics) to students at UVSC and BYU, I feel obligated to reply to his "Conspiracy Theory" relating to the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center (9/11/01).

I have studied the summary of the report by FEMA, The American Society of Civil Engineers and several other professional engineering organizations. These experts have given in detail the effects on the Towers by the impact of the commercial aircraft. I have also read Professor Jones' (referred to) 42 page unpublished report. In my understanding of structural design and the properties of structural steel I find Professor Jones' thesis that planted explosives (rather than fire from the planes) caused the collapse of the Towers, very unreliable.

The structural design of the towers was unique in that the supporting steel structure consisted of closely spaced columns in the walls of all four sides. The resulting structure was similar to a tube. When the aircraft impacted the towers at speeds of about 500 plus mph, many steel columns were immediately severed and others rendered weak by the following fires. The fires critically damaged the floors systems. Structural steel will begin to lose strength when heated to temperatures above 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. Steel bridge girders are bent to conform to the curved roadway by spot heating flanges between 800 and 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. It is easy to comprehend the loss of carrying capacity of all the structural steel due to the raging fires fed by the jet's fuel as well as aircraft and building contents.

Before one (especially students) supports such a conspiracy theory, they should investigate all details of the theory. To me a practicing structural engineer of 57 continuous years (1941-1998), Professor Jones' presentations are very disturbing.

D. Allan Firmage

Professor Emeritus, Civil Engineering, BYU

--------------------
you can join the debate here
9/11 Conspiracy Theories - JREF Forum

there are hundreds of PEER reviewed papers here that debunk gage,jone,griffen and thier conspiracy theory

Debunking 9/11 Conspiracy Theories and Controlled Demolition - The Paper
You don't quit. What do you think BYU's position is gonna be ???? They got pressure to force Jones to resign to begin with. There is not a university in this country that doesn't get a hefty chunk of federal dollars for research and special funding ... grants ... etc. A lot of them operate sensitive research projects that are classified. Anyone that might pose a threat to that funding will not only be thrown under the bus, but they'll back it up a couple of times to make sure the job is done.

It is precisely this type of persecution of anyone not toeing the company line that bolsters the credibility of those willing to take the heat. Most just cave, and change their story to protect there own interests.

You just don't get it, do you?. The guy had everything to lose and nothing to gain by seeking out and telling the truth. Despite what BYU says, he found evidence of Thermate ... a patented form of Thermite specifically used for cutting structural steel. Period.

In this picture ... notice top center Box column with diagonal cut with molten metal on the edges. This is exactly how shaped charges are placed in controlled demolition.

http://media.portland.indymedia.org/.../06/341239.jpg

Old 02-22-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:

For the third time:

Is that correct?
Ask yourself why the families were offered $1,000,000 each, when the government wasn't "responsible"? Ask why they'd pay those families, but refuse to take care of the sick and dying rescue workers ... who will ultimately out number the death toll on the day of the event?

Take that $1,000,000 bucks, and shut up. No law suits, no fuss ... just have fun being a Millionaire, and don't stir up any trouble ... sign here _______

Old 02-22-2010, 02:14 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

In this picture ... notice top center Box column with diagonal cut with molten metal on the edges. This is exactly how shaped charges are placed in controlled demolition.

http://media.portland.indymedia.org/.../06/341239.jpg
Even the government likes to bloviate the use of box cutters on 9/11.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that, you said that, MightyQueen, that is!

Now, what is your point?
Oh. My. God.

It's no wonder your a truther. You can't think past your own nose...

In this post, in which I was replying to GuyNTexas, I said that he was only giving credibility to those eyewitnesses that agreed with him. He wasn't giving any credence to the opinions of those that didn't.

In the next post, you responded to my reply to GNT, saying:
Quote:
Because the citations of "those people" were made AFTER or DURING the fabrication of the authoritarian consensus. They followed script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie.

They are Government dregs who learned long ago to - go along and get along.
Are we clear so far? You specifically stated that those eyewitnesses that didn't agree with your and GNT's theory were "...follow[ing] script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie. They are the government dregs who learned long ago to go along and get along."

That is irrefutable. It's what YOU said, and the proof is right in front of you.

Enter MightyQueen - someone who was there that day, worked in the buildings and was an eyewitness to the event.

AGAIN, for the FOURTH time, I ask:

--------------------------------------

Is that correct?

It's a yes or no question, ergo. Are you going to answer it this time? If not, then I can only assume that your entire argument is completely and utterly baseless. If you can't answer this question, which is simply asking you to confirm something you've already said, then there's no point in discussing anything with you at all - you'll have proven yourself to be nothing more than a common troll.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Oh. My. God.

It's no wonder your a truther. You can't think past your own nose...

In this post, in which I was replying to GuyNTexas, I said that he was only giving credibility to those eyewitnesses that agreed with him. He wasn't giving any credence to the opinions of those that didn't.

In the next post, you responded to my reply to GNT, saying:

Are we clear so far? You specifically stated that those eyewitnesses that didn't agree with your and GNT's theory were "...follow[ing] script, for job security, bonuses, and hazard benefits. They profited by supporting the official lie. They are the government dregs who learned long ago to go along and get along."

That is irrefutable. It's what YOU said, and the proof is right in front of you.

Enter MightyQueen - someone who was there that day, worked in the buildings and was an eyewitness to the event.

AGAIN, for the FOURTH time, I ask:

Is that correct?

It's a yes or no question, ergo. Are you going to answer it this time? If not, then I can only assume that your entire argument is completely and utterly baseless. If you can't answer this question, which is simply asking you to confirm something you've already said, then there's no point in discussing anything with you at all - you'll have proven yourself to be nothing more than a common troll.
Checkmate

Old 02-22-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Ask yourself why the families were offered $1,000,000 each, when the government wasn't "responsible"? Ask why they'd pay those families, but refuse to take care of the sick and dying rescue workers ... who will ultimately out number the death toll on the day of the event?

Take that $1,000,000 bucks, and shut up. No law suits, no fuss ... just have fun being a Millionaire, and don't stir up any trouble ... sign here _______
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me - you still haven't responded to this post.

I'd really like to see your response to the second half of that post. You danced around and deflected the first time you replied. Ergo has been playing stupid(er) with regard to this issue, and since it was you I was questioning in the first place, I'd really like to see your reply.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies