Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,065,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
All these rightwingers, so upset about a cartoon on TV. Must be that feminization of men I've been reading about in another thread.

Grow a pair!
Oh so it was a shot at the Palin family! Thats all I wanted you to admit.

like I said I have no problem with the freedom of Speech, I just want to hear that it was a shot at the Palin family.

Ps Howard Stern Rules! Bababooey to you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,830,173 times
No fun at Willow either. Don't forget she was the one holding Trig most of the time.

All jokes at someone from the frozen state up north is not directed at the Palins! Unless, the Palins want it. LOL

Old 02-17-2010, 01:40 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,326,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No one said anything about lawsuits. Emailing a show about your views is nowhere near a law suit.
I wasn't saying that you'd extend it to such lengths. I'm more speaking about the Falwell and Dobson anti-American crowd.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:42 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,346,253 times
Quote:
For those who watch, Family Guy, who don't you email them on how it offended you, if it did offend you. Use your free speech like they use theirs. They can come up with funnier material and not put a little boy in the middle for a laugh, can't they? Maybe not. Cheap hacks.
I doubt anyone who is a fan of Family Guy was offended by this and not the millions of other things this show has already done and continues to do. Most people watch to see what the show is going to do next and whether or not they "go there", and they often do.

And nothing was done or said about "a little boy" so I don't know where you are getting that.

8,185 posts, read 12,663,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And Trig's very first purpose was to serve as a political prop during Ms. Palin's campaign for the Vice Presidency. Now I would be the first, in fact during the election I was one of the first to chide my fellow Democrats on C-D, from staying away from caustic comments about Ms Palin's brood but the fact remains, you use your kid as a campaign prop, you can't then turn around an try to dictate how others will turn the prop back onto you.

Let's be fair here ovcatto -- show me a child of a politician that isn't trotted out during elections as a prop. Well, one that isn't the 'black sheep' of the family that is

They all do it. Obama talked about Sashas bad grade (which I'm sure went over great with her!), Biden had his kids all over his campaign as did McCain. Sadly using children as a way to 'butter up' potential voters is nothing new nor is it the strategy of one party or another alone.

15,852 posts, read 35,207,581 times
Quote:
A message to all members of Team Sarah

[SIZE=3]When Trig Paxson Van Palin was born, his parents announced,[/SIZE] "Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."
At Team Sarah we believe that every child is indeed created with a purpose and little Trig Palin holds a special and very dear place in our heart.
For those in our society today who would stoop to the level of making fun of a toddler with special needs for cheap laughs and the almighty dollar, they have our pity. Anyone who resorts to comedy "material" of that magnitude is simply to be pitied, as they have forgone their own dignity in order to capture the sort of shock appeal that will pathetically sustain them with the small fraction of society that would find humor in such a thing.
Comedic hacks are nothing new to the entertainment industry. We can ignore them, we can change the channel, we can call them out when we think they've crossed the line.
For us, the bottom line is that Trig is off limits. Period.
Sincerely,
Team Sarah
teamsarahhq@gmail.com

whatever

a kid is a kid. who cares. get on with it.

friggin' breeders.

20yrsinBranson

9,763 posts, read 10,548,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Oh so it was a shot at the Palin family! Thats all I wanted you to admit.

like I said I have no problem with the freedom of Speech, I just want to hear that it was a shot at the Palin family.

Ps Howard Stern Rules! Bababooey to you all!
I don't care if it's a shot at Palin. I couldn't care less. That's my point. With nasty politics having been acceptable practice for decades now, I'm at a loss as to why anyone raises an eyebrow over non-issues like this - especially something that's meant as entertainment.

It makes good discussion forum fodder, I guess.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:43 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,080,613 times
So I guess mentioning anyone now is an attack against them, which is an awfully strange response.

She should stop seeing everything as an attack. Seems a bit egocentric and paranoid to me.

I guess she is running low on things to complain and rant about to get her name back in the news.

Just in general and not relating to Family Guy, I think that kids stay out of the political arena for their parents. However, turn about is always fair play. Don't make attacks on other people's children and complain when it's reciprocated.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,614,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They didn't make fun of her Down Syndrome whatsoever.
They used the Down Syndrome as the distinction by which they separated this person from another. To do that to a child is inappropriate to me. I'm okay with it if you don't agree.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,214,744 times
Quote:
For those who watch, Family Guy, who don't you email them on how it offended you, if it did offend you. Use your free speech like they use theirs. They can come up with funnier material and not put a little boy in the middle for a laugh, can't they? Maybe not. Cheap hacks.
Are people on here obtuse on purpose??? For the love of all that is good, there was no little child (boy or girl) portrayed with DS on "Family Guy". It was a young DS woman who was on a date and she had the upper-hand on Chris, the character from FG, as she was kind of telling him what to do, etc. In no way, shape, or form did she appear as a victim to me nor was she portrayed in a negative light.

Maybe you can come up with something that is actually truthful instead of appearing as a Sarah Palin "hack" (as you called Family Guy). You know, I've read several of your replies on this thread and it is clear that you have not even watched the brief snippet that is available on the internet.

When I do e-mail Family Guy, I will tell them to keep up the good work because they should not be intimidated by lying right-wingers who are completely and utterly out of control. I never watch Family Guy, but by golly, I will NOT stand by and let the right-wingers systematically gun down everyone that they don't agree with especially since the whole argument is a straw man argument, one that never happened to begin with.

I can't even believe that there are people out there who are jumping on the "defend Sarah Palin" bandwagon and attacking FG when they've not even watched the episode. It makes them look so stupid.

I guarantee that all of this is going to eventually backfire on Sarah Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies