Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
As an "equal-opportunity offender", will they at some point use biting satire against Obama's kids? Why do I think the reaction on this board would be entirely different?
Forget about the reaction on these boards. It's Palin's over the top reaction. How did they offend her kid by this? Is she ashamed that her child has Down Syndrome? Since the character was not portrayed in a derogatory manner, why is she offended?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:35 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,859,472 times
Ferd (apparently without having seen the episode) wrote; if it were me I would be punching people in the face.

Quote:
protecting your kids is whining? do you have kids?

would you let me make fun of them?
Well obviously the idiot Palin, like some (normally smart)posters here NEVER SAW THE EPISODE either. The girl was not made fun of. She was participating in normal teenage activities; dating etc. Unfortunately despite having been raised by (one would think) "normal" parents; a CPA and a former governor, she turned out to be SO FULL OF HERSELF THAT THE ONE GUY WHO ASKED HER OUT COULDN'T STAND HER.

If anything Chris Griffin (not a bright kid, but not a Down Syndrome kid either) was made more fun of for wanting to date a "special needs" girl. Here's just a sampling what what was said about Chris (of course no one will defend HIM because his parents are notorious libbers):

1. You smelly little parasite
2. On any normal day you reek as if you're on a f**ting streak
3. Your finger is up your nose and you are dripping with drool

However, here are some of the things said about the girl;
1. Self possessing, effervescing
2. Her smile is like the sweetest summer flower

Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,833,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
As heartless as parading your abstinence preaching pregnant children around???

I asked it before, and I will ask it again-Who gave birth to Trig?
Sarah Palin gave birth to Trig.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,833,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Forget about the reaction on these boards. It's Palin's over the top reaction. How did they offend her kid by this? Is she ashamed that her child has Down Syndrome? Since the character was not portrayed in a derogatory manner, why is she offended?
Simple, really. Another opportunity for her to get her mug in front of another camera.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,021,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Now THIS is the best post in response to the right BS that I've ever seen.
Well, thank you very much!

I just find it funny that the woman who drags her kids into it in the first place has the gall to scream "foul!" EVERY SINGLE TIME "that darn media" puts a mirror in front of her face.

Besides, the episode of the Family Guy isn't offending her kid at all. Clearly she missed yet another point...
and so have many of her devoted followers.

and by the way kids, you bite the hand that feeds you. The show is on FOX remember?!
duh.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,321,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
why is she offended?

She's not offended, she's mad because she knows she's been exposed. She knows she's trapped in her own hypocrisy. She said Rush Limbaugh's use of the word "retard" was ok because it was satirical. And now all of a sudden a satirical representation of a person with Downs Syndrome is NOT ok.

Interesting.

So instead of coming clean, she is playing an act and she's using her child as a smokescreen.

She would have been much better off right now if she had NOT given Limbaugh a pass.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:08 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,686,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
As an "equal-opportunity offender", will they at some point use biting satire against Obama's kids? Why do I think the reaction on this board would be entirely different?
In the same vein? Wouldn't care. Similar would be if Chris dated a teenaged black girl and she said her father was the President. That would be the "biting" satire. They did not make fun of the girl on the episode in any way, shape, or form.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:13 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,321,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
They did not make fun of the girl on the episode in any way, shape, or form.
To be fair, if someone implied that my mother was Sarah Palin, I'd probably feel like I was being made fun of. Or pitied, maybe.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,828,797 times
Some posters think it showed a good side of a handicapped person being assertive. I thought this shows there is hope.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,102,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
But she has accepted the fact that Obama is eligible and he is in fact the president, you however are still a birther.

Has she or was she securing her position? I would accept being just about anything but a left winger sheep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies