Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,182,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And to make the same flight back after her water broke 'cause it was so important that she deliver the baby in Alaska

It's 'Family Guy.' This is what they do. I rarely watch because I find the humor tasteless more often than not (though the 'Star Wars' episodes were brilliant), however, I defend Seth McFarlane's right to make fun of anybody just like I defend the rights of the guys who write 'South Park.'
I just love it when the people who complain loudest about how 'PC' we liberals are, whine about stuff like this.
And seriously, what was wrong with the character? From what I've read, she was independent and stood up for herself. Seems like it was actually a pretty positive portrayal.
I don't watch that crap at all but it sounds like the fact that this was a female who stood up for herself is what repugs really hate.

Good point about repugs...they scream against PC but then scream when they think they have THEIR delicate feelings hurt.... hypocritical slobs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 08:21 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,245,643 times
The part I loved best is that Palin came out saying she was so upset about this "she just couldn't make a coherent response right now".

Ha - like the woman has ever made a coherent response.

I'm sure she just gets her daily sheet of material she uses to scare her little lambs into following a bit closer. Then she throws herself down on the ground like Scarlet Ohara and pleads for her anguished life.

I mean seriously lady. You've got a nice family, you had a decent job, you have money. Go be with your family and life your life while you can. So sad she sold everything out just trying to be famous. I mean she's about as deep as my kitchen sink.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,685,627 times
Did you watch the Family Guy episode?

If so, can you tell me how they "picked on" a kid?

The episode I watched showed a strong, independent, teenaged girl with Down Syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No child deserves to be treated the way you sorry no good rotten low lifes have treated the Palin kids.

you think you have some right because you dont like their mother.

Well you are disgusting. Picking on a special needs kid? For the purpose of making Palin look bad?

Your sick and you are shameful and the truely disgusting bit is you dont care.

but dont worry. there will never be a day when those of us on the right would take such liberties with the children of liberal politicians. Because we understand that the kids are off limts.

at least you screen name is accurate. you are a lunitic.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,408,119 times
Quote:
No child deserves to be treated the way you sorry no good rotten low lifes have treated the Palin kids.

you think you have some right because you dont like their mother.

Well you are disgusting. Picking on a special needs kid? For the purpose of making Palin look bad?

Your sick and you are shameful and the truely disgusting bit is you dont care.

but dont worry. there will never be a day when those of us on the right would take such liberties with the children of liberal politicians. Because we understand that the kids are off limts.

at least you screen name is accurate. you are a lunitic.
I do agree that children should be off limits. To say that Republicans have never taken a shot in not true either.

Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print? (http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html - broken link)

Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 AM

20,495 posts, read 12,417,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Did you watch the Family Guy episode?

If so, can you tell me how they "picked on" a kid?

The episode I watched showed a strong, independent, teenaged girl with Down Syndrome.
Children should be off limits! ALL of them and if you are willing to make room for ANY kind of use of them your sick in your head.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:41 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,685,627 times
Again, did you watch the show? It involved a teenaged girl with down syndrome.

You didn't watch the show, did you.

Quote:
Children should be off limits! ALL of them and if you are willing to make room for ANY kind of use of them your sick in your head.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,021,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I don't see how the show made fun of people with Down syndrome. If people are going to become more comfortable with this disability, it helps to laugh a little and not be so afraid of them. Portraying a "normal" guy having a crush on a girl with Down, who finds out that she really is capable of making decisions and being a b*tch at times, like anyone else, goes a long way toward breaking through some of the stereotypes that further separate people with Down from the rest of society.

Palin's just mad because they made fun of her.
Exactly. If anything she should be ashamed of constantly using her down syndrome baby (and other family members) as human shields.

Honestly she is the first politician I can recall who keeps trotting her kids out when she deems necessary, (which is constantly).

Like I said, she is a mindless self-absorbed twit with an addiction to the media.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,058,904 times
Default Reality check...

A candidate for Vice President of the United States brings thier pregnant, unmarried, teenage daughter on the campaign trail...

the teenage father of the child poses nude for Playgirl and does interviews about the family...

and, her children should be off limits.

I'm not sure Sarah Palin even knows the definition of the word rogue, but she sure picked the right title for her book.

Quote:
Main Entry: rogue

Pronunciation: \ˈrōg\
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1561

1 : vagrant, tramp
2 : a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel
3 : a mischievous person : scamp
4 : a horse inclined to shirk or misbehave
5 : an individual exhibiting a chance and usually inferior biological variation
from Rogue - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-17-2010 at 09:30 AM..

Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,858,910 times
The show was NOT making fun of anyone with Down Syndrome, rather it was showing that those people could; be romantically with their peers, be self-centered, demanding and whiny. If Palin is so upset about Fox why doesn't she show it in the most effective way she could, QUIT HER JOB as a Fox commentator and refuse to appear on any of their shows.

Somehow in typical R fashion she gives Rush Limbaugh a pass because he was using "satire" (I wonder who explained that word to her) but "Family Guy" doesn't. A typical hypocrite like everyone else on the right.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,596,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She says that the creators of Family Guy are "heartless jerks".

Ironic that she now is an employee of Fox.

The Associated Press: Palin, daughter lash out at 'Family Guy' episode

Poor Sarah...

She wants the publicity. But the free press should only say what she wants them to. That mean Katie Couric made her say, "All of 'em" , too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies