Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,234,347 times

Advertisements

She can dish it out but she sure can't take it.... a natural Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 06:51 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,697,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
I don't watch Family Guy but I saw a snippet of this particular episode online and it there was no "child" involved. It was a date between two adult-looking people to me and the couple was at dinner. The lady friend had Down's Syndrome and a bit of moxy to her. I didn't see any making fun of Down's syndrome people because she was putting the other character in his place, so to speak. Where the sinking of the low begins, I have no clue. The only thing that I do know is that right-wing nuts are gettier nuttier by the minute and are completely out of control. I think "loose cannon" is the word.
Yup, the episode actually portrayed the girl with down syndrome as a pushy, bossy girlfriend who got her way. If she didn't look and sound like she had down syndrome, you wouldn't even know it.

Oh, and the horrible horrible joke was, Chris asked her what her parents do, and she said her father did something I can't remember, and her mother was the former Governor of Alaska.

I don't think she even WATCHED the episode... yet is trying to claim they were attacking her infant son when the character in mention was a teenage girl?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,829,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
As heartless as parading your abstinence preaching pregnant children around???

I asked it before, and I will ask it again-Who gave birth to Trig?
She needs to stop complaining about everything she thinks is about her. She is no marshmallow. It takes an extremely strong woman who was eight months pregnant to fly on an eight hour flight to deliver an energy speech. That's one tough woman.

Doesn't that show make fun of just about all celebrities?

Old 02-17-2010, 06:55 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,728,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I don't think she even WATCHED the episode... yet is trying to claim they were attacking her infant son when the character in mention was a teenage girl?
She'll do whatever it takes to get her name in the headlines.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:59 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,334,658 times
Palin fell right into the trap and revealed, once again, her blatant hypocrisy.

Anyone with a single functioning brain cell could see that one coming from a mile away.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,195,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She says that the creators of Family Guy are "heartless jerks".

Ironic that she now is an employee of Fox.

The Associated Press: Palin, daughter lash out at 'Family Guy' episode
Maybe instead of watching absolute brain dead crap on TV she should try reading a BOOK!???? She sure seems unstable ....

Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,953,498 times
I don't see how the show made fun of people with Down syndrome. If people are going to become more comfortable with this disability, it helps to laugh a little and not be so afraid of them. Portraying a "normal" guy having a crush on a girl with Down, who finds out that she really is capable of making decisions and being a b*tch at times, like anyone else, goes a long way toward breaking through some of the stereotypes that further separate people with Down from the rest of society.

Palin's just mad because they made fun of her.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:20 AM

563 posts, read 519,849 times
To the comment about Obama's birth certificate, I am still waiting too, but this thread is not about that.

I missed the episode and now can't wait to watch it on my DVR. Palin is a very whinny person. Why do you think she was made the candidate for VP? They were smart, they did not want to walk into this mess. To get away from it, put someone in that will in no way pull a victory.

Kudos to Family Guy for not pulling any punches on any group. That has got to be one of the funniest shows on TV that I have ever seen.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
She needs to stop complaining about everything she thinks is about her. She is no marshmallow. It takes an extremely strong woman who was eight months pregnant to fly on an eight hour flight to deliver an energy speech. That's one tough woman.

Doesn't that show make fun of just about all celebrities?
And to make the same flight back after her water broke 'cause it was so important that she deliver the baby in Alaska

It's 'Family Guy.' This is what they do. I rarely watch because I find the humor tasteless more often than not (though the 'Star Wars' episodes were brilliant), however, I defend Seth McFarlane's right to make fun of anybody just like I defend the rights of the guys who write 'South Park.'
I just love it when the people who complain loudest about how 'PC' we liberals are, whine about stuff like this.
And seriously, what was wrong with the character? From what I've read, she was independent and stood up for herself. Seems like it was actually a pretty positive portrayal.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:42 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,411,385 times
While I agree that Family Guy probably crossed the line.

Sarah Palin only has two speeds. She is either attacking people or playing the victim. When she actually has thoughts of her own, maybe I'll listen to her. Until then, I'll pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies