Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

If Leviticus is the Word of God, then I suggest you follow it to the letter. Doing the bit where you take double helpings of the yummy Death-for-Gays but ignore the No-Shellfish-for-anyone is - well, inconsistent.

Your argument, such as it is, works equally well as a defense for slavery.

Established tradition? Check.
Support in Scripture? Check

I really suggest you deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What's even more fascinating is that Page 1 of the Homosexual Agenda leans directly on the the plight of Black people to make their case.
You got a copy of the agenda? Wow.

Seriously, I think page 1 is to be left the f*ck alone by twits like the OP.

Quote:
Further, what you've done here is nothing that the Bible hasn't prophesied time and again. While you poke fun, you're actually taking part in an exercise in self-fulfillment. God said that there would be those that mock his word, and here you and others are doing it. Now THAT'S fascinating.
Yeah, that's an impressive bit of foretelling. "Go tell everybody they're living all wrong and condemned to Hell, and I predict they'll get annoyed with you." Whoah, they got annoyed! It's a miracle, I tells you.

Quote:
Can you tell me what Henry Johnson will be doing 4,000 years from now? I didn't think so.
No - although my money is on "rot in the ground". Neither can you. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Quote:
And more proof that, when all else fails, its just easier to condemn religion than to truly question how humanity came to despise homosexuality.
Who died and made you spokesman for humanity? I've seen people call on the silent majority, but all of humanity?

You're of course wrong. The reaction to homosexuality has been all over the place in different cultures, from open accept (the old Greeks, when they weren't busy inventing Democracy, Philosophy, Mathematics and all that other good stuff, would bugger anything they could mount best two out of three) to the out-and-out condemnation found in the Abrahamic religions, openly evidenced by fundamentalist Muslim countries actually putting into deed what the Beauty Queen ditzes of this world only dare speak of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 10:12 AM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She makes religion and the Bible look bad - or should I say - worse.
How? Because she quotes the exaxt thing it says in the bible? What makes religion and the Bible look bad are these so called christians who accept this crap and allow their priests/preachers/bishops to be homosexual and actually teach their church the bible. It goes directly against God.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:13 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Elimination of moral opprobrium.
Who appointed you the arbiter of what is, and what is not moral?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 AM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygoober View Post
God would suck if he were not a fantasy

Good thing someone banned this whacko.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
I would expect that every homosexual on this planet would rebuke this statement. No surprise there. Simply put, its just easier to ridicule that "Book of Myths" and the "Mystery Man in the Sky" instead of questioning how its possible for BILLIONS of people of all major religions over many centuries to be so horribly wrong. The scope and scale of it all should be enough to at least have homosexuals wondering why they think they're right all of a sudden when the rest of the world and thousands of years worth of historical/religious text says their wrong.

So where is the cut-off number that makes hatred OK?

Five billion?

One billion?

Five hundred million?

One million?

By your logic of justifying hate by numbers, how many would it take hating blacks to make lynch mobs OK? Or the gassing of Jews?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
And, still, none of you (repeat NONE of you) are able to respond to the most basic of biological concepts: the female and male anatomy that are so obviously meant to be together.

Therefore, you continue to tell yourself that homosexuality is right, just, and natural, you condemn religion because it is counter to your actions, and you lean on secular laws in the name of equality to justify those actions.

The bottom line is that science DOES NOT corroborate homosexuality as "natural," and God's word spells out that homosexuality is wrong. In the face of such damning indications, i'd say fighting to convince the world that homosexuality is right and just is not just an uphill battle, its a futile uphill battle.

But, carry on wayward sons and daughters. And cross your fingers that "rotting in the ground" is the only thing you have to fear when life on this earth is over.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 02-24-2010 at 10:40 AM..

Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

YouTube - Penn & Teller - The Bible is Bull**** - Best 10 Minutes

Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
She makes religion and the Bible look bad - or should I say - worse.

I dont criticize you or others for their lifestyle's because it would be wrong, but i also think that you doing the same to her for her beliefs is also just as wrong.

her choice of using that speech is not hate speech, but one of freedom of speech. demonizing her for her freedom of speech is just as bad as politicians and public servants violating other citizens for their constitutional rights.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
And, still, none of you (repeat NONE of you) are able to respond to the most basic of biological concepts: the female and male anatomy that are so obviously meant to be together.

Therefore, you continue to tell yourself that homosexuality is right, just, and natural, you condemn religion because it is counter to your actions, and you lean on secular laws in the name of equality to justify those actions.
Whether you agree...whether you like it or not, some of us believe homosexuality is right, just and natural.

Why is that so hard for some of you to grasp?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Whether you agree...whether you like it or not, some of us believe homosexuality is right, just and natural.

Why is that so hard for some of you to grasp?
I don't find it hard to grasp at all. I know that many people consider it right, just and natural. But, even if someone refuses to acknowledge God or religion, that does not answer the human anatomy aspect. That orifice and and that appendage just makes to much doggone since, so its tossed to the wayside in favor or ridiculing the Bible and God. As i've said several times on this thread, its just easier to rebuke religion than to acknowledge something that is so biologically obvious because the mysteries of the Bible make for a better argument. But at the end of the day, that pesky male/female thing just doesn't go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies