Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,050 times

Advertisements

Overpaid Az fatcats get to keep their car perks, while schools and libraries get shut down

In compiling the data, The Republic found:
• Across the Valley, 544 municipal employees in nine cities received monthly vehicle allowances averaging $337.
• The average salaries of employees receiving allowances in those cities ranged from $114,734 to $178,526. The higher figure is from Avondale, where only the city manager gets an allowance.
• In communities where a group of employees receive allowances, Gilbert (23 employees) had the highest monthly average of $507. Tempe (16 employees) was second at $500.
• The highest allowance went to Glendale City Manager Ed Beasley, who receives $650 a month.
• Phoenix had the lowest monthly average for allowances at $314.

Amid budget cuts, Valley cities continue to keep vehicle perks

Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Those must be the same low-paid government employees GregW was talking about yesterday. The benefits are there to make up for the low pay, ya know.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:55 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Those must be the same low-paid government employees GregW was talking about yesterday. The benefits are there to make up for the low pay, ya know.
I, along with many of my co-workers took a cut in pay to go to work for the Government. We went for the benefits, certainly not the money. Everyone one of you people that constantly cry about Gov workers could have done the same. I had the foresight to see that benefits are worth everything, I'm sorry all of the complainers weren't as smart.
Now, years later, I'm retired, living the good life on my monthly check and lifetime insurance.
Those jobs are open to everyone who wishes to apply, so no one has any reson to cry because they chose the wrong career path....

Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Overpaid Az fatcats get to keep their car perks, while schools and libraries get shut down

In compiling the data, The Republic found:
• Across the Valley, 544 municipal employees in nine cities received monthly vehicle allowances averaging $337.
• The average salaries of employees receiving allowances in those cities ranged from $114,734 to $178,526. The higher figure is from Avondale, where only the city manager gets an allowance.
• In communities where a group of employees receive allowances, Gilbert (23 employees) had the highest monthly average of $507. Tempe (16 employees) was second at $500.
• The highest allowance went to Glendale City Manager Ed Beasley, who receives $650 a month.
• Phoenix had the lowest monthly average for allowances at $314.

Amid budget cuts, Valley cities continue to keep vehicle perks
That's how they do things in red states

Old 02-26-2010, 12:44 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I, along with many of my co-workers took a cut in pay to go to work for the Government. We went for the benefits, certainly not the money. Everyone one of you people that constantly cry about Gov workers could have done the same. I had the foresight to see that benefits are worth everything, I'm sorry all of the complainers weren't as smart.
Now, years later, I'm retired, living the good life on my monthly check and lifetime insurance.
Those jobs are open to everyone who wishes to apply, so no one has any reson to cry because they chose the wrong career path....
Actually, you didn't take a pay cut - it was just portioned out differently.

And personally, I could never work in the government sector. The "it's not my job" and "time to take my union break" mentality would send me over the edge. I work for the customer, which is not the priority with government employees.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,050 times
Quote:
your monthly check and lifetime insurance is next to go

Old 02-26-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

And personally, I could never work in the government sector.
The longer you type, the longer your nose grows. You can talk as tough as you wish, you don't fool anyone here..! If you had it to do over, and had the opportunity, ability, and intelligence to qualify, you would give your left avocado to get a good Government job...
Life is good, when you think ahead.....!!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
your monthly check and lifetime insurance is next to go
Your spiteful mind can only hope I lose my seat on the gravy train... It won't happen, but even if it does, I've already collected many years... I win no matter what happens,,,
..... unless, of course Obama gets his way, then we will all be living in Cuba...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Your spiteful mind can only hope I lose my seat on the gravy train... It won't happen, but even if it does, I've already collected many years... I win no matter what happens,,,
..... unless, of course Obama gets his way, then we will all be living in Cuba...
typical gov worker. think im gonna puke

Old 02-26-2010, 07:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
That's how they do things in red states
Oh hold on a minute. Red states? What about DC????????
Who has the majority? And yet they keep all these perks that so many including myself denounce. This isn't a red state issue. This is a corrupt politician issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies