Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM

305 posts, read 360,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Without predation they will destroy the species, look at the Tea Baggers
Well, it is nice to know that you align yourself with those who idolize what Hitler did to the Jews. Anyone else agree with Boompa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Nothing is ignorant about it.
Those who rely on government to run their lives are scared they will soon have to take more personal responsibility.
Who are these mythical people "who rely on government to run their lives," and how do you know they're scared? If they are so scared (as the tea partiers appear to be), why haven't we heard from them?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Seems so...GO Daniel!
Wait a minute- I thought the liberals were telling us the Tea parties were ONLY about hating our President because he is black..HMMM

Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Here in Colorado, I don't see the majority of Tea Party supporters old enough to be on Medicare or Social Security - mind I ask you to link where you can prove that a majority of the Tea Party supporters are over the age of 60?
I posted a link to this CNN poll in a previous thread.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...2/17/rel4b.pdf

First % is from tea partiers and the second % is the percentage of the pop polled.

18-29 years old 20% 20%
30-49 years old 40% 35%
50-64 years old 29% 27%
65 and older 12% 17%

So, 41% over 50 according to this are tea party sympathizers from a pool of 44% over 50 that were asked.

This is the first demographic report I've seen on the Tea Partiers.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM

305 posts, read 360,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I hope the Tea Party enjoys massive success.

And splits the right wing vote smack in two.
Come 2012, I agree that this is a possiblility - I am hoping that either the NeoCons are decisively removed or both party's are discredited enough that a new party can challenge the system

Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Who are these mythical people "who rely on government to run their lives," and how do you know they're scared? If they are so scared (as the tea partiers appear to be), why haven't we heard from them?
Obviously they are scared. The tea party movement is now taking place in Europe. So their dismissals of the tea party as a bunch of racists is proving inaccurate. I only expect to hear it more as the people who rely on Government to run their lives see their days of enabling bloodsuckers nearing an end.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Obviously they are scared.
Obviously? I don't even know who they are. Who are they? Everyone I know, including my mother who both receives Medicare and SS, has plenty of control over their own lives. Who are these people whose lives are controlled by government? It's a simple question.
Quote:
The tea party movement is now taking place in Europe. So their dismissals of the tea party as a bunch of racists is proving inaccurate. I only expect to hear it more as the people who rely on Government to run their lives see their days of enabling bloodsuckers nearing an end.
Okay. Again, who are these people who are dependent on government to run their lives? What do you mean by "run their lives?" Just because they rely on a check doesn't mean government is running their lives. No more so than my employer is running my life. Indeed, my employer has far more control over my life than the government has on SS recipients.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 AM

113 posts, read 245,312 times
The Tea Parties are only a threat to Washington DC statists, and name-calling leftist trolls. The movement should be growing, as even Republicans are far too sympathetic to the DC class. Mitt Romney is endorsing John McCain in Arizona. It is freaking incest! We want less government, less regulation, fewer laws on lightbulbs and baby seats, and let the banks say no, don't force them to make bad loans under some sort of home ownership wealth re-distribution. These liberals and Washington DC Republicans like Mitt Romney are missing the point. DC is corrupt, out of touch, and a poor means of solving local problems.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmer laktow View Post
The Tea Parties are only a threat to Washington DC statists, and name-calling leftist trolls. The movement should be growing, as even Republicans are far too sympathetic to the DC class. Mitt Romney is endorsing John McCain in Arizona. It is freaking incest! We want less government, less regulation, fewer laws on lightbulbs and baby seats, and let the banks say no, don't force them to make bad loans under some sort of home ownership wealth re-distribution. These liberals and Washington DC Republicans like Mitt Romney are missing the point. DC is corrupt, out of touch, and a poor means of solving local problems.
Fewer laws on lightbulbs and car seats? Is that what the movement is about? Lightbulbs? LMAO.

The problems are systemic, and can't be solved by voting for candidate A over candidate B. It doesn't matter who you elect. Once he goes to Washington, he becomes engulfed by the system.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I believe it is just as indepemdent not identifying with either party is growing.The main difference i see is that independents seem to just switch voting form one party tot eh otehr . The tea party is a movement to actaully influence the paltforms of those parties.Until how thee people ahve mostly concentrated in state they live in to do such thnigs as balanced budget amendments. With huge deficits growing they have now turned their attention to national polices. Its also being fuel by the growing unpopualrity of Washigton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies