Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 04:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Acceptable is a highly subjective term. The goods at there are not "acceptable" to me. Cheap China sweatshop crap is never acceptable. I will gladly pay more for my goods if it means that they are American (and preferably union) made.

20yrsinBranson
Same here. All those 'big box' retailers are after is instant gratification, which the American public craves and demands. Most people don't want things that are of good quality, they want things that are popular and trendy and new. There is no need to make things of high quality because Americans will just get bored with it and throw it away long before it would normally need replacing, so they make cheap disposable items which makes everyone happy.

I like my stuff to last a long time, so I bypass that and buy less of higher quality items. Plus, that's less crap to fill up landfills. This disposable society we've created isn't good in the long run...it may be cheaper now, but we'll pay for it later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 05:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,721,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Grocery shopping? Their produce looks like they fished it out of the dumpster! I drive 20 miles to get decent produce because I wouldn't touch the crap they have at Wal-Mart. Don't even TALK to me about the stuff they laughingly call meat there. It's a death sentence for sure.

20yrsinBranson
Perhaps when the Health Care debate is over the Tea Party could pick up on BUY AMERICAN, then I might believe them

Old 03-18-2010, 05:35 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,232,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: The Real Reason We Hate Wal-Mart - Wal-Mart - Gawker

I hate walmart because its full of trash, im referring to people, that smell like cigarettes and are incredible obese. ITs true though Walmart is just depressing.
Then don't shop there since you seem to think you are a better person than those who shop there. I'm sure you won't be missed.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If there's anything City-Data lacks, it's Wal-Mart threads dripping with disgusting classist bigotry. I salute you, joejitsu, tireless warrior for the "we're for the common man" left, for filling this critical void.
Yeah, always interesting that the people who are "for the common man" sure don't want to associate themselves with "the common man"

Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,232,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Yeah, always interesting that the people who are "for the common man" sure don't want to associate themselves with "the common man"
Very well said!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,942,256 times
Default WalMart haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wal-mart haters are like vegetarians and Prius drivers. They hate it because they enjoy being on a bandwagon, not because it makes any sense.
You hit the nail on the head. The other reason is that they have low self esteem and have to find others to belittle, to make themselves feel better. The most disgusting example of this is PeopleofWalmart.com where people take pictures of WalMart shoppers and post them on the Internet for everyone to ridicule. I find the people taking the pictures and publicly posting them for "fun" to be far more disgusting than the people in the photographs.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,942,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
I think that people who surreptitiously snap camera phone pictures of anyone anywhere and post them on a website to be laughed at by others, is the epitome of a mean-spirited human being.

No matter 'tho, I suppose as what goes around comes around - eventually anyway.
You said it reloop, my sentiments exactly. Sick.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 PM

317 posts, read 405,313 times
Funny Pictures at WalMart

Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,239,197 times
WalMart, just more employees who aren't sapping your state's unemployment benefits. And to think, the WalMart haters aren't even paying their wages.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:12 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,239,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Perhaps when the Health Care debate is over the Tea Party could pick up on BUY AMERICAN, then I might believe them
I buy American, as long as it's not Union made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies