Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A preschool student at a Catholic school in Boulder will not be allowed to return next school year because of what is going on at home.

The student's parents are two women and the Denver Archdiocese says their homosexual relationship violates the school's beliefs and policy.
9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Gay couple's child denied re-enrollment at Catholic school

So will they also be denying enrollment to students whose parents are divorced? Or if the parents use birth control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Gay couple's child denied re-enrollment at Catholic school

So will they also be denying enrollment to students whose parents are divorced? Or if the parents use birth control?
A private school has the choice to do as they wish. those that do not like it do not send your kids there

Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
A private school has the choice to do as they wish. those that do not like it do not send your kids there
The point is that they pick and choose from the Bible based on prejudices, just like most religious people. If they were consistent in their beliefs, they would ban students whose parents are divorced or whose parents use birth control. The Catholic Church forbids both.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Can you imagine the uproar if someone decided to start a school that completely banned Christians? Or any type of religious people?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Quote:
The point is that they pick and choose from the Bible based on prejudices, just like most religious people. If they were consistent in their beliefs, they would ban students whose parents are divorced or whose parents use birth control. The Catholic Church forbids both.
So why would anyone want to send their kid to a wishy washy school run by hypocrites anyway?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:44 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Can you imagine the uproar if someone decided to start a school that completely banned Christians? Or any type of religious people?
Oh, my! I'm sure the religious folks would be in quite the uproar if that ever happened....I know, though that my son would be the first to enroll himself!

Old 03-05-2010, 12:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Private school..their rules. Move on..nothing new here.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
So why would anyone want to send their kid to a wishy washy school run by hypocrites anyway?
I don't know. The point is that the school is singling out the student and denying him enrollment based on his parents' relationship. I guess it's not illegal, but it's certainly evidence of discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Imagine if the kid was kicked out because one of his parents was not white.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
And you are surprised that the Catholic Church is inconsistent and hypocritical c'mon AUM, really?

The Catholic Church is ripe with hypocrisy and frankly, I kinda think they revel in it.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
Quote:

Why would a couple even bother to enroll their child in a school that is governed by hypocritical, ignorant judgmental beliefs? If I were them I would steer clear of a hateful place like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies