Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 04:07 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Ah, yes. We should put partisan politics aside and all join together in supporting every plank of the Republican Party platform.

The whole Tea Party thing is a pretty transparent way of pushing Republican politics under a different name, now that recent events made people too ashamed to actually call themselves Republicans.

This thread belongs here.
I sure wouldn't want to be associated with the Other Party either, after the cash for clunkers debacle, porkulus, and continued bailouts to companies that continue to waste money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
I thought the banks were starting to pay back the money they borrowed. That's why they call it a LOAN. A loan is not stealing money, it is borrowing it. This borrowed money has to be paid back. It's just like when you take out a loan at a bank. Some of you really need to go take economics 101 and learn a thing or two about the economy before going on your stupid tea party rants and raves.

-Regarding the automotive companies, well that's a whole different story I won't get into. One of the many reasons why I bought a Ford.

Last edited by g-man430; 03-07-2010 at 04:38 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swu_ba_student View Post
Take a look at this web site www.prisonplanet.com it has opened the eyes of a few poeple I know to the fake right/left system.
ACK! Conspiracy theorist alert!

Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
ACK! Conspiracy theorist alert!
The aliens made me do it. I don't support nor am I against the tea party movement. I don't care about it one way or the other. People can speak their minds all they want. I just can't figure out why it has to be tea. I mean why not coffee or soda? Beer would be the best in my opinion. I say we start the Beer Party.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM

192 posts, read 607,533 times
Default they call themselves teabaggers

Um...so, how could anyone take a group seriously who name themselves after a sexual act invoving dipping your testicles in someone else's open mouth. And two, these people (after having the smarts to name themselves after a sexual act invoving dipping your testicles in someone else's open mouth) are racist, uninformed hatemongers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_187554.html

Old 03-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin View Post
Um...so, how could anyone take a group seriously who name themselves after a sexual act invoving dipping your testicles in someone else's open mouth. And two, these people (after having the smarts to name themselves after a sexual act invoving dipping your testicles in someone else's open mouth) are racist, uninformed hatemongers.

10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs And Extensive Photo Coverage From Tax Day Protests (PHOTOS)
O...M...G... - are you actually serious? You DO realize there's a difference between "tea bagging" and the Tea Party movement, right? And, linking to the Huffington Post does WONDERS for your credibility.... Haven't been around the block much, have you? Get educated!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:24 PM

192 posts, read 607,533 times
Default um...

The fact that there are different meanings to that word means nothing. But the fact that the group didnt think twice after naming themselves after something whose alternate / slang and popular culture meaning translates to dipping your testicles in someone else's open mouth really says something about them. Super sharp. Way to think it through.

PS the fact that those images appeared in Huffington Post doesnt mean they didnt happen or dont represent the views of the majority of the "teabaggers"

Additionally do you "teabag"?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:

10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs And Extensive Photo Coverage From Tax Day Protests (PHOTOS)
Where were these protests when Bush was spending their money on Iraq and Afghanistan? Something tells me their just upset a black man who is a democrat got elected president. If Obama was white and republican, you wouldn't see any protests. Oh and it's true. Looks like a KKK rally from the pics. Might as well be.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
The fact that there are different meanings to that word means nothing. But the fact that the group didnt think twice after naming themselves after something whose alternate / slang and popular culture meaning translates to dipping your testicles in someone else's open mouth really says something about them. Super sharp. Way to think it through.

PS the fact that those images appeared in Huffington Post doesnt mean they didnt happen or dont represent the views of the majority of the "teabaggers"

Additionally do you "teabag"?
There is a HUGE difference. The Tea Party references the Boston Tea Party, signifying a form of righteous protest. Tea bagging refers to what you mentioned, because of the obvious visual similarity to tea bags. Just because both of them contain the term "tea", they're interchangeable?? Come ON!

Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
There is a HUGE difference. The Tea Party references the Boston Tea Party, signifying a form of righteous protest. Tea bagging refers to what you mentioned, because of the obvious visual similarity. Just because both of them contain the term "tea", they're interchangeable?? Come ON!
I still think it should be the Beer Party. Tea Party sounds BORING. Talk about a snooze fest name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies