Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:52 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,793,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Has anyone give thought that perhaps black parents and kids simply rejected a breast augmented and damn near anorexic piece of plastic posing as a inanimate fashion icon regardless of its outer coloring?
I don't know why.

Is that not every young brother's dream?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well yes I agree, had the Bratz dolls been a flop and the business venture failed then Mattell would have not bothered suing them. As part of the settlement the Bratz doll is still made so to me I think it's just ALL about the money and Mattell knows their black barbie is just not going to sell regardless of Bratz or not.

Good discussion, the Bratz doll situation highlights why black barbies are on the discount rack at wallmart. It might be that the return of the Bratz dolls to production in 2009 are WHY that store had over-ordered black barbies....Bratz returned and re-asserted their market share.

Exactly..My 15 year old is trying to be a little business mogul by collecting the dolls She was happy when they discontinued them, she saw that she was sitting on a potential gold mine, but then noticed her value going down again once they began selling them, but she just brushed it off and picked up two more just in case. Thats my baby.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:21 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I don't know why.

Is that not every young brother's dream?
Puleeeeze!

Even for ole heads like myself, you know we like that round firm jean filling derriere!

BEST- TOP 10 HOLLYWOOD BUTTS PICS

Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,907 times
Quote:
Puleeeeze!

Even for ole heads like myself, you know we like that round firm jean filling derriere!

aww stop you making me blush.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
aww stop you making me blush.
On this thread that would be the most charitable thing that I could possibly do.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:38 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nujabes View Post
How are you asking this when I posted links and the name of the experiments multiple times?

By the way, Cosby show wasn't about a black family? What about the Cosby show spin-off, A Different World, where they went to an all-black college (6 seasons)? What about the Fresh Prince of Bel Air (6 seasons)? What about Family Matters (9 seasons)? What about Tyler Perry's shows, which despite being terrible, are hugely successful? Please don't make blanket statements that aren't even true, especially when they are barely related to the issue at hand.
These shows were successful because they were just families. That may have touched on topics here and there but all in all they were just families...

Your opinion of a blanket statement not mine I watched all of them except for Tyler perry!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,793,381 times
Quote:
Puleeeeze!

Not your boy OJ.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 PM

62 posts, read 124,282 times
When I wa s alittle girl, my mom only bought me black dolls. And I'm black.

I do think that's why I don't have the issues and insecurities other black women have.

It seems to me the black women insecure about their features, race only had white dolls.

This is what I have noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies