Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:29 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times

Advertisements

I checked my mail yesterday and saw I had received an envelope from the US Census Bureau. I naturally assumed it was the 2010 Census forms, but no, it was really a letter to inform me that they will be sending out the Census forms soon and that I should fill them out.

Are you kidding me? You send me a letter to inform me that I'll be receiving a letter and forms? The dumbing down of America in action, and it wouldn't be so bad if we weren't paying for it all with borrowed money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
I know,

my wife an I got one the other day too, thought it was the actualy census short form open it up to find a letter stating that the census is coming in about a week

why would the government waste 10's of million dollars to send a letter to tell everyone, they will be receiving another form in another mailing.

fraud , waste and abuse from the government

Old 03-12-2010, 06:42 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
b-b-b-b-b-b-ut it employs people!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:32 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Gee, another thread about this. Ironic, isn't it? Duplicate threads about waste.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
I checked my mail yesterday and saw I had received an envelope from the US Census Bureau. I naturally assumed it was the 2010 Census forms, but no, it was really a letter to inform me that they will be sending out the Census forms soon and that I should fill them out.

Are you kidding me? You send me a letter to inform me that I'll be receiving a letter and forms? The dumbing down of America in action, and it wouldn't be so bad if we weren't paying for it all with borrowed money.
There will be a employee from the Post Office visiting you the day you get the census form, to tell you that the mail courier will be arriving in a few minutes to deliver it. Hey, its a job created!!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,738 times
How about those new jets they ordered from contractors taking advantage of us. The price has DOUBLED. Seems there is no accountability.
The Associated Press: Pentagon: F-35 fighter jet cost doubles
RP

Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Gee, another thread about this. Ironic, isn't it? Duplicate threads about waste.
What a waste of efort to find the original thread when new ones keep popping up?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
What a waste of efort to find the original thread when new ones keep popping up?

So much of the same old same old posts going around, how come?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So much of the same old same old posts going around, how come?
It takes efort to be original. And you get a letter in the mail. your mad because it just tells you the letter is coming in the mail. So yuo go and make a new post about it. Not stopping to think that has everyone else had the same thing happen to them. It happens.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
It takes efort to be original. And you get a letter in the mail. your mad because it just tells you the letter is coming in the mail. So yuo go and make a new post about it. Not stopping to think that has everyone else had the same thing happen to them. It happens.
I accidentally did the same earlier this week. One rude person decided to take me to task on it. I had scrolled down the page and saw nothing that mentioned census letters, so I created a thread.

Look at the title of this thread -- Does it mention census? No. Does that mean the poster is going to have to open any suspect waste thread on the chance it might be about a census letter?

People make mistakes. At least a duplicate thread doesn't cost the taxpayers money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies