Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:10 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times

Advertisements

The Republicans do not care squat about the country. There was a time when they did care but those days are long gone. There are no more Dwight Eisenhower types in the Republican party. People who loved their country and served it in war and in peace. As I drive on the interstate highways and I see those signs that say "Eisenhower Interstate System", I think to myself what a great man Ike was. He dared to stand up and say "we CAN do this" and built the greatest highway system in the world.
Even Nixon made some good and positive changes for America including stronger civil rights enforcement and the introduction of Affirmative Action programs to bring the Negro into the American mainstream. He actually would have been a pretty decent President if he was not a criminal.
Reagan was a daring President who led our nation out of the dark years of rampant inflation, a dark economy and the hostages in Iran. He changed the trajectory of the country in a way not seen since the days of FDR.
And then I look at the pathetic limp Republican party of today. The "party of no". The only changes they want to see are to take the country back to the dark ages of racism, homophobia and no rights for women. They want to run the country as a Christian theocracy much like Iran. They only seek to serve the corporate class and the rest of us can all go to hell. They give us pathetic bird brains like Palin and try to pass them off as "brilliant" people.
They seek to have ever lasting wars but none of them nor their sons have ever put on a uniform and picked up a rifle (exception McCain) and served the country they seek to lead. I guess war is good for OUR kids (yes I served in the USAF and my oldest son is now in the Navy) but certainly not good enough for their kids.
They have the best health care money can buy but would deny even basic health care to the working people in this country. They send their kids to the best private schools but would deny even basic education to our kids if they could.
This is why the Republicans must be smashed and destroyed. And any Democrat that colludes with them should get the same treatment (read Blanche Lincoln and Joe Liberman). These people are worse than Ben laden and the terrorist. The terrorist attacked us for one day. The Republicans attack us EVERY day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 07:34 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,877 times
They want to run the country as a Christian theocracy much like Iran.

That is the part that scares me the most! Biblical quotes have no place on military artillery. How is that even legal?

Old 03-13-2010, 10:16 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,104 times
The Democratic Party, too.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
"The Republicans do not care squat about the country."

Go back to the schoolyard with your infantile postings.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The Republicans do not care squat about the country."

Go back to the schoolyard with your infantile postings.
You know I am right. 100% right.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You know I am right. 100% right.
not even close, but you dont care about facts or being right, just looking for another tyraid from someone on the left to toute the virtues of "government"!!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:49 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Personally,

Past: I have voted for Republicans in the past. In particular, we had an excellent Congressman who represented our district for a number of years. But he was a moderate Republican, and he decided not to run for re-election in 2008.

Present: There is no Republican I know of at the local, state, or national level who I would vote for at this point.

Future: I hope that there will be Republican candidates I can support in the future.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
"You know I am right. 100% right."

Haven't found you right very often.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:35 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Even Nixon made some good and positive changes for America including stronger civil rights enforcement and the introduction of Affirmative Action programs to bring the Negro into the American mainstream. He actually would have been a pretty decent President if he was not a criminal.
I bet you could say that about most people elected to office

Old 03-13-2010, 04:37 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Though the thread is full of nonsense and a rant with no substance the writer accidentally did have a moment of clarity when he penned this:
Quote:
They give us pathetic bird brains like Palin and try to pass them off as "brilliant" people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies