Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Lawyers from the firm like Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison are the type of people Eric Holder and 0bama want working in our state department, but what kind of people are they, and have they been aiding terrorists?

Quote:
On the evening of Jan. 26, 2006, military guards at Guantanamo Bay made an alarming discovery during a routine cell check. Lying on the bed of a Saudi detainee was an 18-page color brochure. The cover consisted of the now famous photograph of newly-arrived detainees dressed in orange jumpsuits—masked, bound and kneeling on the ground at Camp X-Ray—just four months after 9/11. Written entirely in Arabic, it also included pictures of what appeared to be detainee operations in Iraq. Major General Jay W. Hood, then the commander of Joint Task Force-Guantanamo, concurred with the guards that this represented a serious breach of security.

Maj. Gen. Hood asked his Islamic cultural adviser to translate. The cover read: "Cruel. Inhuman. Degrades Us All: Stop Torture and Ill-Treatment in the 'War on Terror.'" It was published by Amnesty International in the United Kingdom and portrayed America and its allies as waging a campaign of torture against Muslims around the globe.

Debra Burlingame and Thomas Joscelyn: Gitmo's Indefensible Lawyers - WSJ.com
Lawyers working for profit, for terrorists in Gitmo have aided the enemy, with maps, anti-America political propaganda, coordinated hunger strikes, given information on military operations and intelligence, hand-drawn maps of detention camp layout, including guard towers etc...

This is why so many people are rightfully upset with holder and his appointments to oversee portions of our war on terror policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Let me get this right, the crime, giving detainees a copy of a Amnesty International brochure that is widely available to the rest of the world, not some material FROM the detainees, but TO them. Did I miss something?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
I love this line:

"It cued detainees that the abuses at Abu Ghraib "were not an aberration."

Now I am sure that came as a shocked to GITMO detainees!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

The article specifically talks about a Ms. Mason, yet I can't find ANY link, rumor, or official notice that Ms. Mason is one of the lawyers that Mr. Holder has nominated or is working for the the DoJ.

Could it be more evidence of flim-flam? Bait and switch? Are you just blowing smoke again OP? Because this certainly seems to be the case, that you're using one set of facts to try and portend an actual link and truthfulness of another COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of facts.

That in layman's terms is called...yes, wait for it....LYING.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I love this line:

"It cued detainees that the abuses at Abu Ghraib "were not an aberration."

Now I am sure that came as a shocked to GITMO detainees!
That is the line they should be worried about. That torture which is a main tool in their recruitment packet, IS NOT AN ABERRATION.

Those who have engaged, and continue to engage and those who endorse it, side with Al-Quida and UBL to further their goals to change the American way of life and by default endorse and engage in the first steps to imitating and living exactly like Al-Quida. That will then be the ultimate catalyst to engaging in a religious war by both sides.

All because of simple minded people who, being to dense to think for themselves with rational comprehensive thought, were able to be manipulated by a terrorist thousands of miles away, living in a cave.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Don't forget Giulianis Firm, they were doing it pro bono

Old 03-17-2010, 12:17 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,855 times
This anti-American, terrorist loving behavior is disgusting. Any lawyer who works with these subhumans should be labeled a terrorist himself and should be executed for treason. They shouldn't be afforded a trial either - why take a chance with terrorists? As far as I'm concerned, we should route out every Muslim in America and give them a choice - deportation or execution.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
This anti-American, terrorist loving behavior is disgusting. Any lawyer who works with these subhumans should be labeled a terrorist himself and should be executed for treason. They shouldn't be afforded a trial either - why take a chance with terrorists? As far as I'm concerned, we should route out every Muslim in America and give them a choice - deportation or execution.

Not big on history are you. John Adams represented the British Troops who opened fire on Americans in the Boston Massacre, and got them off.
Everyone is entitled to an attorney, even domestic terorists and secessionists

Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post

Looking for Anti-American's...look in the mirror. I'll look for you to turn yourself in at the nearest FBI office, and waive your rights to a trial. Thanks for the cost savings. I'm sure you won't mind us saving another couple hundred bucks at your execution either will ya? Ammunition vs. injection...it's just so much more cost effective.

Thanks,
An American Citizen

Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

The article specifically talks about a Ms. Mason, yet I can't find ANY link, rumor, or official notice that Ms. Mason is one of the lawyers that Mr. Holder has nominated or is working for the the DoJ.

Could it be more evidence of flim-flam? Bait and switch? Are you just blowing smoke again OP? Because this certainly seems to be the case, that you're using one set of facts to try and portend an actual link and truthfulness of another COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of facts.

That in layman's terms is called...yes, wait for it....LYING.
Since the article mentions some of lawyers who were representing Gitmo detainees were aiding the enemy, i asked the question, of whether any of the lawyers assigned throughout our state department took part in any of these types of acts. and this to you is me lying??

Julia Tarver Mason was a partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, the same firm that Jeh Johnson, General Counsel for the United States Department of Defense, worked for. So forgive me for wondering if Ms. Hanson and Mr. Johnson are of the same mind on some issues, especially since she was a partner in the same firm, and 0bama appointed the man.

But go ahead and laugh it all off, ignorance is bliss after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeh_Johnson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies