Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times

Advertisements

The GOP the people who should be afraid of the Tea Party. If they put up their own candidates, the GOP is doomed. That's why it won't happen. Virtually everybody involved with the Tea Party will vote for Republicans anyway. They will talk a good game but they will vote red.

Who are the Tea Party activists? - CNN.com
"If the Tea Party runs its own candidates for U.S. House, virtually every vote the Tea Party candidate gets would be siphoned from the GOP candidate, potentially allowing the Democrats to win in districts that they might have otherwise lost," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

The poll indicates that in a two-way race on the so-called "generic ballot" question, GOP candidates have a 47 percent to 45 percent edge. Throw a Tea Party candidate into the mix, and that two-point advantage becomes a 12-point deficit. That's because virtually everyone who would vote for a Tea Party candidate in a three-way contest would choose a Republican in a two-way race. The Democratic candidate gets 45 percent in both scenarios, but the GOP candidate's share of the vote drops from 47 percent in a two-way contest to just 33 percent with a Tea Party candidate on the ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM

313 posts, read 393,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
FOXNews.com - Faces of the Tea Party: Meet the Activists Behind the Conservative Surge

I would feel far safer with them than with some of the greedy cynical hate-filled lunatic lefties that have surfaced in the "last 8 years".

Oh yes we know.... faux news isn't the politically correct source for the smarterbettereducatedwithbetterideasdemocrats, right?

if you try to hold back the hands of the clock, it will rip your arms off.

The tea party really does not have leaders. We are all in this together. Just average-Americans.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:02 PM

301 posts, read 1,371,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
Why is the Left so afraid of the Tea (Taxed Enough Already) Party movement?

Obama and his dim leaders (And kool-aid drinkers) are throwing everything they can at these average, freedom-of-speech loving Americans.
The tea baggers are nothing more than bitter ass old white people, who have been throwing a damn fit since Nov. 4. If you've ever seen the HBO documentary "Right America feeling Wronged" it's those same Mccain supporters, who feel that since the down trotted economy has not been healed within the first year of Obama's presidency that they were right all along.

The most sickening thing about this entire "movement" is their complete absence during Bush's 8 YEAR slop job of a presidency THAT PUT US IN THE MESS THAT WE ARE IN! The fuel behind those old white people's flame is primarily racism. People like Glenn Beck will call them patriots, but any sane person knows the motive for the majority of them limping up to Capitol Hill in record numbers. LOL half of them still think that Obama is a Muslim. The Republican party is trying to capitalize on these people's racial ignorance and it's a damn shame. Just think about it REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP is what put us in this mess, and rather than acknowledge that THEY WERE THE PROBLEM Teabaggers scuff at ANYTHING a Dem tries to do to reverse this ****.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
I am not afraid of them and think they are a good thing for the GOP. I just don't like the violence that Palin and Beck are stirring up.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I am not afraid of them and think they are a good thing for the GOP. I just don't like the violence that Palin and Beck are stirring up.
I would like to see the Republican party eventually emerge without the taints of violence and "rogueness."

That said, I agree, the violence being stirred up is HUGELY detrimental as well as POINTLESS.

I bet Palin's soldier son is at times cringing from the things his mother does. It's a shame. She has a lot of power to do some interesting social empowerment projects but instead she chooses to rile domestic violence.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Because Obama can't stand the fact that millions of Americans don't like what he's done to the economy and the deficit, as well as the healthcare rationg and enormous income tax increases which are coming down the pike......

Old 04-09-2010, 05:20 PM

313 posts, read 393,425 times
There's no violence, but what is in the heads of the Left...

Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
You clearly miss the level headedness in my approach.
You're right:

Quote:
Tea parties ... with their violent rhetoric, laced with propaganda that harkens to Nazi-ism
Perhaps you could point out the "level headedness" in the second quote above. All I see is talking points based on the same false information that sites such as Kos, DU and HuffPo regularly spread.

One thing's for sure - you've never been to a Tea Party rally, nor have you had an actual discussion with a participant.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:36 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
I bet Palin's soldier son is at times cringing from the things his mother does.
I'll take that action. How much are you willing to lose?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvilleslugger View Post
The tea baggers are nothing more than bitter ass old white people, who have been throwing a damn fit since Nov. 4. If you've ever seen the HBO documentary "Right America feeling Wronged" it's those same Mccain supporters, who feel that since the down trotted economy has not been healed within the first year of Obama's presidency that they were right all along.

The most sickening thing about this entire "movement" is their complete absence during Bush's 8 YEAR slop job of a presidency THAT PUT US IN THE MESS THAT WE ARE IN! The fuel behind those old white people's flame is primarily racism. People like Glenn Beck will call them patriots, but any sane person knows the motive for the majority of them limping up to Capitol Hill in record numbers. LOL half of them still think that Obama is a Muslim. The Republican party is trying to capitalize on these people's racial ignorance and it's a damn shame. Just think about it REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP is what put us in this mess, and rather than acknowledge that THEY WERE THE PROBLEM Teabaggers scuff at ANYTHING a Dem tries to do to reverse this ****.
That'a an intelligent observation.

So what you are saying is the the same people that wanted Colin Powell to run for president in 1996 and 2000 now oppose Obama because he aint white?

That's intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies