Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Another facebook friend who works in France and is French took these photos of a pediatric office in Marseilles.

Seatless toilet in WC.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs414.snc3/24991_375315065926_559255926_4084115_1111057_n.jpg (broken link)

Exposed wiring

Window was stuck open and TAPED shut

Tres bien!!!! Viva la UHC!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 AM

I am reminded of a passage I've read some time ago, about 10 years to be exact:

"A right to health care would entitle me to walk into any physician’s office and demand to be treated for free. The law would require the physician to comply with my demand. I could enter any pharmacy and demand any drugs I wanted for free, and the pharmacist would have to give them to me. Every hospital would be at my ...beck and call, required by law to serve me. It would be my right.

As America’s Founders understood so clearly, this type of “right” is not liberty but rather the opposite of liberty, because it forces one person to work for or serve another person. Liberty entails every person’s right to live his life without being coerced to serve another."

Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I am reminded of a passage I've read some time ago, about 10 years to be exact:

"A right to health care would entitle me to walk into any physician’s office and demand to be treated for free. The law would require the physician to comply with my demand. I could enter any pharmacy and demand any drugs I wanted for free, and the pharmacist would have to give them to me. Every hospital would be at my ...beck and call, required by law to serve me. It would be my right.

As America’s Founders understood so clearly, this type of “right” is not liberty but rather the opposite of liberty, because it forces one person to work for or serve another person. Liberty entails every person’s right to live his life without being coerced to serve another."
How many of the founders owned slaves??????? Lots of liberty in that.

People can find B.S. arguments for stuff they don't want to do all the time. Much like the current right wingers want to avoid providing care for the poor because it is economically inconvenient. I'm sure the founders found arguments justifying the ownership of slaves as to avoid their own economic inconvenience.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
How many of the founders owned slaves??????? Lots of liberty in that.
Ah yes, demonizing the founding fathers by using the racist slaveowner argument. Trick #3 in the progressive magicians' playbook.

Quote:
People can find B.S. arguments for stuff they don't want to do all the time. Much like the current right wingers want to avoid providing care for the poor because it is economically inconvenient. I'm sure the founders found arguments justifying the ownership of slaves as to avoid their own economic inconvenience.
Yawn.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Thank you so much for this compelling proof that UHC signals the end of civilzation as we know it.

By the way I have a friend who says her uncle saw Elvis in New Zeland last year. It's true.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 AM

I think the hole in the wall can be explained very easily:

YouTube - Funny scene from The Office

Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Another facebook friend who works in France and is French took these photos of a pediatric office in Marseilles.

Seatless toilet in WC.

Exposed wiring

Window was stuck open and TAPED shut

Tres bien!!!! Viva la UHC!!!!
and somehow they live longer then us...............

perhaps instead of needing shiny clinics in which to sit, they just need clinicians to be more accessible (you know, no insane cost or financial barriers)

There was a clinic in Vegas just a year or two ago that was reusing needles. Right here in America. Viva our patchwork crappy overpriced system.
Thousands may be infected by Vegas clinic - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-03-05-hepatitis-vegas_N.htm - broken link)

Las Vegas clinic accused of reusing syringes - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-02-29-hepatitis-exposure_N.htm - broken link)

No system is perfect, but at least their system doesn't neglect people because they're poor. Or give them hepatits because they're trying to save money or lazy.

Understand a system before you start bashing it.

Also in French it is vive, not viva.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 AM

529 posts, read 1,301,125 times
Holy crap. This is enlightening. UHC must be a farce, they should leave a few kids untreated and hire a contractor.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Why do they have showers in French pediatric office restrooms?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:55 AM

Personally, I think it's a great thing. If the doctor's office can resemble a prison (which it does in this case), patients will be very motivated to get better soon just to get the h*ll out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies