Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 08:23 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
......What will happen as obama continues to squeeze the lemon dry?

I guess there will be trouble when you run out of other people's money to spend.
My plan is to run out of spending my own money before the government runs out of my money to spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 08:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
My plan is to run out of spending my own money before the government runs out of my money to spend.
Say that's my plan too. If the money has to go then I want to be the one spending it.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
When the republican party regains control in 2012, then they can run the country anyway they see fit, big tax cuts for the rich, a huge deficit left by democrats, and probably a couple of wars to deal with. Fair is only fair. Then we will all see how a republican president deals with the full plate. Hopefully, we'll be in a recession at that time too, just to add dessert.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So..I've considered us in a depression for some time now. Anyone else admitting it before the government does ?
Me too. The QE may have boosted the economy but it hasn't fixed the debt bubble. something about pouring gasoline on a fire?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Then therein lies the answer.

We are mortgaged up to our hohoodillies to China and the only collateral we have to offer is the war in Iraq.

Let's default on the war payments and let China have it for what we owe them.
Well then where would we get our oil?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:33 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Personal Income Drops Across the Country - WSJ.com

What will happen as obama continues to squeeze the lemon dry?

I guess there will be trouble when you run out of other people's money to spend.

Capitalism at work.....................

Riches for the few, misery for the rest of us.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Now here's a question to ponder...if incomes are down how the heck is savings up ?
And that (savings up) coming from the same agency..BEA.
Personal income is down because savings are up. QE QE QE (Quontitative Easing) Extra cash to the rescue. But it would've been far more effective if given to everyone. And it would've been faster as well.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's because under this administration, the middle class is getting poorer but the rich are getting richer. They have more to save because the cheap labor from exported jobs and imported cheap workers is benefitting a few very nicely.
Seriously? Under this administration? Did you feel the same in 2008?

America's rich get richer thanks to tax-cutting Bush - Americas, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/americas-rich-get-richer-thanks-to-taxcutting-bush-580533.html - broken link)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/na...PER-FINAL.html

The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get... Fired

Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seriously? Under this administration? Did you feel the same in 2008?

America's rich get richer thanks to tax-cutting Bush - Americas, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/americas-rich-get-richer-thanks-to-taxcutting-bush-580533.html - broken link)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/05/na...PER-FINAL.html

The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get... Fired
May as well ad this...

How President Bush RUINED Our Nation’s Economy

But his main preoccupation was tax cuts for the rich. To convince us they were needed, he began repeating the phrase “bad economy,” starting months before he took office. This mantra, spoken by a President whose election had already caused uncertainty due to its controversy, was taken seriously by companies large and small. They stopped hiring and cut down on purchases, just in case he was right. President Bush created an economic crisis — just so he could get his tax cuts passed.

As his presidency dragged on, President Bush did nothing to control spending — in fact, he encouraged the most outrageous federal expenditures in our nation’s history. He vetoed practically nothing (other than a stem cell research bill that would have helped to save lives), allowing Congress to go wild with pork-filled legislation. Some economic analysts believe that the Bush Administration deliberately engineered the collapse of the U.S. economy

How President Bush RUINED Our Nation's Economy

Old 03-26-2010, 01:12 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Where is Lord Balfor to come and refute this nonsense?!!

Right here.
Personal income drops during a RECESSION?????
Who'd a' thunk it?

DUH!!!

Shall we see what personal income did in the final quarter of the year?
Hmmm... looks like it went up all 3 months - and in January as well. Maybe things are turning around eh?
Admittedly Disposable Income took a dip in January because of non-withheld income taxes (from 2009 I'd assume) so we'll have to see how all that plays out when the February numbers are released.

News Release: Personal Income and Outlays, January 2010

Kind'a like the GDP - started out the year way negative, finished up the year positive.
I LIKE IT!

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-26-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies