Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:46 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
No it doesn't work. Especially when you're in debt. Ask Hoover.

Oh and we're in a 2 front war. It's unprecedented to cut taxes in war.

Feels like I've made this post about a dozen times...
The 3 largest 'takes' by the federal government in tax receipts were in 2006, 2007 and 2008. After tax cuts. Maybe they didn't spend it right but shows if the goal is to increase taxes to the feds then cutting taxes works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
This isn't an "lol they'd no nothing, guys, am I right?" thread, or bashing anyone. It's an honest question: let's say that the Republicans took a majority in Congress. what would Republicans do to solve the unemployment problem? What will they do that Democrats haven't at least tried?

Reinstate massive trade tariffs.

Start actually enforcing our immigration laws, by going full bore after those that employ illegal alien trespassers, seizing all personal and business assets, along with sitting them in jail for mandatory 5 years.

All immigration visa's would be called and revoked. No new visa issued until unemployment levels dropped below 5%

75% tax on all outsourcing to foreign countries and citizens.

Just to name a few, when I'm elected.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolrockworm View Post
Twista,
The reason that you keep making the same responses is because Nononsenseguy believes his dogma. Despite the issue that trickle-down economics/ Supply side econ and deregulation never work for the majority of Americans. Reaganomics caused 2 recessions the second of which cause the elder-Bush his chance of a 2nd term because of having to reneg on his read my lips...no new taxes campaign pledge. In reality this is capitalism over country...my wallet -v- us (wallet wins everytime). Lassiez faire capitalism doesn't work anymore because we don't live in small communities that are removed from other systems. Enomomies are entertwined and infrastructure is required to maintain the system. Taxes are required for the roads, education of the workforce and the ability to regulate big business. Too big to fail will require us to bailout more companies in the future and deregulation will increase this. For capitalism to work for the majority of people in the USA the government must enable the small businesses to survive and keep the "walmarts" of the world from crushing them (competition between business is just as important in supply and demand as consumers).
Another economic fallacy that is repeated over and over. Globalization has made things more complicated therefore we need more government control.

Economics is economics. The laws are determined by human nature. Doesn't matter if I am dealing with someone from China or my next door neighbor. We are going to enter into a mutually beneficial exchange. Nothing more complicated than about it than that.

That's the great thing about capitalism. It benefits everyone and any transaction is voluntary. Unlike the state which must use the threat of death or jail in order to make people participate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies