Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

As I've been saying for over a year now - it's not the end of the world and never was. The economy is now in recovery. This guy sounds like he's talking about many of the silly and ignorant "Oh my GOD - the dollars going to collapse and they'll be a revolution so it's time to stock up on gold, guns and food!!!!!!" doom and gloom crowd right here on this board (what a bunch of Drama Queens!).

The great recession of 2008 showed us that leverage unchecked is a recipe for disaster. There is no disputing this perspective. It is also clear that the world economy will take many years to recover from this massive margin party. Sober perspectives have crashed their way into the unreasonably euphoric brains of many market participants. Finally some rational thinking is making its way into the world.

However, rational thinking does not justify dogmatic negative hysteria.

Slower growth does not mean collapse.

It means slower growth. And as the recovery continues, the voice of panic from negative pundits has suddenly gone rather quiet.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36216304

And actually, I think growth will be better even than HE is expecting. i think it will be a pretty decent and robust recovery.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
We shall see..as for me I got out of the market at the high and am sitting in cash...the story is not over yet...

Old 04-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
We shall see..as for me I got out of the market at the high and am sitting in cash...the story is not over yet...
I'm out of the market now too. Missed out on some recent gains, but since I'm retiring next month I'm starting to focus more on maintaining my gains rather than trying to grow more. I figure I've got what I need for my retirement. It's not as much as I'd like (somehow it never is) but it should be enough.

Ken

Old 04-07-2010, 10:09 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm out of the market now too. Missed out on some recent gains, but since I'm retiring next month I'm starting to focus more on maintaining my gains rather than trying to grow more. I figure I've got what I need for my retirement. It's not as much as I'd like (somehow it never is) but it should be enough.

Ken
Well..good luck to you and enjoy your retirement..

Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
Retiring! Congratulations, Ken! Now you can trade ALL DAY LONG!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Well..good luck to you and enjoy your retirement..
Thank you very much.

We're pretty tired of the "big city" environment and are looking to live a pretty quiet and simple life in retirement.

As soon as we sell the house here in Seattle (not sure how long THAT will take) we're off to our land in SE Arizona. Plan to read, get back to writing, work on landscaping our property, and maybe do a little volunteer work - and if I get really bored maybe even look for a little part time job (doing something TOTALLY different from the IT work I've done for a quarter century).

Whatever happens, it will be a whole new life for us - and should be a whole lot lower key and lower stress.

And THAT is ALL GOOD.

Ken

Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Time will tell. Gas prices going up. Discussion of VAT on top of income tax, debt continues to rise. The recovery is still "jobless".

Old 04-07-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Retiring! Congratulations, Ken! Now you can trade ALL DAY LONG!
No, that's WAY too stressful.

Ken

Old 04-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The recovery is still "jobless".
Not LAST month, nor in January or even November for that matter.
And April will show EVEN MORE job growth.

Ken

Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,526 times
Quote:
ya should've been sitting in gold. But that is hind sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies