Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
Do you think everybody, every single human being, is so motivated by money that they will do anything for it? I'm not a Stupak fan at all, however, enough is enough. this guy is retiring. he get getting out. gone, finished. what's the point of continuing the beating?
To understand what is going on in our government?

We see people voting against, or voicing very strong opposition to 0bama's agenda, and then they suddenly vote for it, and get out of politics and refuse to run for reelection. Maybe this seems normal to you, but not to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 AM

533 posts, read 318,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I cannot imagine. The guy sold his soul, for what - a piece of paper? So many democrats in Washington have sold out their values and their reputations, and either they are all greedy and/or stupid, or in some cases 0bama & Co. must have blackmailed them with some very real and dire threats.
Do you have any links to support your allegations above? i.e. "So many democrats in Washington have sold out their values"......"they are all greedy and/or stupid"......"or in some cases obama&Co. must have blackmailed them"...................

Especially the "blackmailed" part.........got any evidence at all of that?

Links please.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Most Democrats are glad to see him go too. Stupak is a misogynist...like all those would dare to think they have the right to tell a woman what she can do with her own body..
Why is it that Democrats have a hard time differentiating opposition to abortion and opposition to funding of abortion with federal tax dollars?

Please, tell me why you and others can't get this simple concept straight?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Like most others, of both Dem and Repub stripes, he will become a lobbyist and make millions. Once you're in that club, you're set for life, unlike the rest of us stinking unwashed masses.
Sounds like an often represented happening, however , you are reading Bart wrong....just not the case. Regardless if you liked him or not , he did represent his People , for 18 years. Now , unless a dark horse steps forward , no one will, and that is a sad case for the People of the UP. The UP IS a place that could use a few folks that can speek loud and carry a big stick , be it money or politics or both.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I'd have liked to have seen the look on his face when his party bosses told him to vote for Obama care and then to drop out "or else". He may be gutless, but did he deserve to be thrown under the bus like that?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:05 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
Do you have any links to support your allegations above? i.e. "So many democrats in Washington have sold out their values"......"they are all greedy and/or stupid"......"or in some cases obama&Co. must have blackmailed them"...................

Especially the "blackmailed" part.........got any evidence at all of that?

Links please.
Evidence of what, the questions I asked, or opinions for my observations of the past year?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:06 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Maybe Bennidict Bart should move to England too?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
To understand what is going on in our government?

We see people voting against, or voicing very strong opposition to 0bama's agenda, and then they suddenly vote for it, and get out of politics and refuse to run for reelection. Maybe this seems normal to you, but not to me.
you conveniently leave out the context in which the stupak retirment exists. doesn't seem odd at all to me, considering the firey reactionary response of the extreme right wing, that a congressman would retire after receiving hate mail, threats, obscene phone calls, and was the focus of the right hate machine after the HC vote.

In fact, Supak's decision to retire seems very rational to me under the circumstances. Did you somehow miss all the threats and violent behavior toward politicians lately.........the two arrests made recently of men who were threatening to kill specific politicians of HC reform?

I would suggest that the unmigitate hatred directed at Stupak, Democrats, and HC reform has nothing at all to do with "understanding what is going on in our government" and everything to do with somewhat uneducated people responding to the sensationalized voices of entertainment media trying to boost ratings and profits.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Evidence of what, the questions I asked, or opinions for my observations of the past year?
So those statements about obama&co blackmailing members of their party were YOUR opinions, right? You have no evidence to back up that stuff, huh? Just your biased observations and opinions?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Most Democrats are glad to see him go too. Stupak is a misogynist...like all those would dare to think they have the right to tell a woman what she can do with her own body..
He is also associated with the C Street house of which various members/tenants are under scrutiny- and he probably prefers to be well out of that one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies