Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your voting behaviour..?
Constant dedicated GOP voter 14 23.73%
Mostly GOP,sometimes Blue Dog/Centrist Dem voter 13 22.03%
Centrist independent,almost 50:50 shares votes to GOP & Dems 11 18.64%
Mostly Dem,sometimes leftwing GOP voter 5 8.47%
Constant dedicated Dem voter 12 20.34%
Volatile,voting across the spectrum,on occasion,from far right to far left 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I vote libertarian on social issues, and centrist on economic issues.

Meaning, I don't want anyone, to tell anyone else what they can and can't do with their body, property, whatever.

On economic issues, I find regulation good for certain aspects of the market. I find high taxation bad, and some government programs good.

I didn't see anything on the poll I liked.

Then u r a typical "volatile", cat 6...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Come on,"mostly GOP/ sometimes BD/centrist Dem"...

Those classifications are so clear...

Noone should complain...
Sorry, you don't have something like: "I vote for the candidate's policies, not the party."

Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 PM

487 posts, read 636,483 times
Why does the poll make it seem like if you are right wing you must be a GOP voter. I'm a far right winger but I DESPISE the GOP.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
These days it's hard to be real sure ..

I do know that Republicans and Democrats will "never" again get my vote .. they're all done IMHO .. Neither one of them stand for anything, so let's send them all back to the law firms and corporate board rooms where they belong and get on with the business of America. I think we can do just fine without any of them.

Far right fanatical conservatives and far left loony liberals are a worthless bunch as well .. we might do well to totally ignore these too .. they've got nothing to bring to the table of any great importance or consequence .. they are a superficial and shallow lot .. "to hell with the nation", they say, "just as long as "MY" ridiculous agenda is passed and lorded over the people, I'll be just fine."

Let's say we vote for a few housewives, a few iron workers (if there are any left), a few construction workers, a few daycare operators .. and so on and so forth.

How about we vote for some people that are glad to be American .. some people that "really" knows how it "really" is out here among the huddled masses.

How about we vote for a few "REAL" Americans next time around.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
These days it's hard to be real sure ..

I do know that Republicans and Democrats will "never" again get my vote .. they're all done IMHO .. Neither one of them stand for anything, so let's send them all back to the law firms and corporate board rooms where they belong and get on with the business of America. I think we can do just fine without any of them.

Far right fanatical conservatives and far left loony liberals are a worthless bunch as well .. we might do well to totally ignore these too .. they've got nothing to bring to the table of any great importance or consequence .. they are a superficial and shallow lot .. "to hell with the nation", they say, "just as long as "MY" ridiculous agenda is passed and lorded over the people, I'll be just fine."

Let's say we vote for a few housewives, a few iron workers (if there are any left), a few construction workers, a few daycare operators .. and so on and so forth.

How about we vote for some people that are glad to be American .. some people that "really" knows how it "really" is out here among the huddled masses.

How about we vote for a few "REAL" Americans next time around.
As a moderate, I have to agree with this. But I would say that a "real American" can come from any walk of life. It's an issue of mindset.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Registered Independent-Conservative Liberal - voted Democrat in last election. Would have rather seen Kucinich in office, but didn't have the luxury of that choice, unfortunately.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
As a moderate, I have to agree with this. But I would say that a "real American" can come from any walk of life. It's an issue of mindset.
True .. allow me to rephrase ..

Let's be rid of the lawyers and corporatists in D.C. ..

Old 04-15-2010, 04:53 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Registered Independent-Conservative Liberal - voted Democrat in last election. Would have rather seen Kucinich in office, but didn't have the luxury of that choice, unfortunately.

20yrsinBranson

Kuci is...far leftist...

Interesting comments,show the volatility of the electorate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies