Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:44 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times

Advertisements

Looks like one of the baggers former heroes is turning his back on Palin and these fools.

I wonder why?

Quote:
U.S. Sen. Scott Brown, whose stunning victory in January was fueled in part by Tea Party anger, has snubbed the fiery grassroots group and declined its invitation to join Sarah Palin Wednesday at a massive rally on Boston Common, the Herald has learned.
Quote:
“He wants to mainstream himself before the election,” said Larry Sabato, a University of Virginia political scientist.
But, but...I thought the baggers WERE "mainstream"....lol

Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally - BostonHerald.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Does it really matter? Nope. He forced Democrats to take a highly unpopular track in passing healthcare in what will be an election-year rout of said Democrats. His work is done regarding Tea Party agenda items. He did what he said he would do, but that doesn't mean he has to be at their every beck and call.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times
So he's ashamed of them but it's ok, because he will toe the tea party line.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Does it really matter? Nope. He forced Democrats to take a highly unpopular track in passing healthcare in what will be an election-year rout of said Democrats. His work is done regarding Tea Party agenda items. He did what he said he would do, but that doesn't mean he has to be at their every beck and call.

Nonetheless, I find it interesting that a former face of the tea party movement is now afraid to be seen with them.

Brown's actions lay waste to the ridiculous claim that the baggers are "mainstream"..

Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I would think he is just representing his constituents.

He is in fact in a fairly liberal state.

I totally understand and I am a Teabagger.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:06 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Nonetheless, I find it interesting that a former face of the tea party movement is now afraid to be seen with them.

Brown's actions lay waste to the ridiculous claim that the baggers are "mainstream"..
Maybe he wasn't a good boy pertaining to the HC now law - was there a "backdoor deal" for him? Don't know.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
The Tea Party is more mainstream than any other political opposition movement since the real Boston Tea Party. To assert that they're not mainstream is to have had your eyes closed since the NJ/VA/MA blowouts.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:28 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Tea Party is more mainstream than any other political opposition movement since the real Boston Tea Party. To assert that they're not mainstream is to have had your eyes closed since the NJ/VA/MA blowouts.
You do know the original Tea Party was a protest again Corporate monopoly.

The Tea Partiers do not seem to have any problem with Corporate monopoly of the Health Insurance Industry.

Therefore, I don't see the connection between the two.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I would think he is just representing his constituents.

He is in fact in a fairly liberal state.

I totally understand and I am a Teabagger.
The old "that's different" excuse!

Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Looks like one of the baggers former heroes is turning his back on Palin and these fools.

I wonder why?

But, but...I thought the baggers WERE "mainstream"....lol

Scott Brown snubs Sarah Palin, bags Tea Party rally - BostonHerald.com
ok, do I get it right? His reason for not appearing is the opinion of one person and the story is in a Boston paper...Why he did this, who knows, you don't, I don't and neither does the Boston media. Maybe he is listening to his constituents, maybe he has turned against the Tea party, maybe he is thinking for himself, who knows and what difference does it make?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies