Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times

Advertisements

You are an armchair critic. Now please go and resolve your emotional problems. Before you go pointing your finger at people that cannot easily change their minds and ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Exactly.. Hermaphrodites have a legitimate reason to be confused. But someone who is born one sex, and who wished to be the other sex, and uses drugs/surgery, has some serious mental problems. My question, is why does the medical industry enable these people rather than treat the mental problems?

If you constantly go in for plastic surgery, a ethical doctor would refer you to a psychologist to see if you have body dismorophic.

Someone willing to cut off their genitalia because she want to be something they were not born as, have serious mental issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:39 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
'I am transgender, and I want my voice to be heard' - CNN.com

Do you believe Transgendered people are discriminated against?

I tend to agree with this sentiment:

"People get really wrapped up in their minds about people who are qu r-identified or trans-identified," he said. "It doesn't have to be that big of a deal. Correction, it isn't that big of a deal."
I'm glad you posted this. Truly I am clueless about these people, but then again, I was also clueless enough not to have a prejudice programed in advance.

Food for thought-- what if it turns out science discovers there's more to gender than just X or Y chromosomes? What if there's a Z no one knew to look at? Won't we all feel dumb finding out the earth wasn't flat after all.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 PM

What is there to be clueless about? They are what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'm glad you posted this. Truly I am clueless about these people, but then again, I was also clueless enough not to have a prejudice programed in advance.

Food for thought-- what if it turns out science discovers there's more to gender than just X or Y chromosomes? What if there's a Z no one knew to look at? Won't we all feel dumb finding out the earth wasn't flat after all.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,869,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
He needs to be heard by psychiatrists, a whole horde of them. It is a mental illness.
Lets get the right wingers treated first. I've seen some very severe cases of idiotism on this forum. Now, that is unnormal and can and needs to be be treated. Then those people will realize the BS they are spouting.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 PM

I don't think some idiot psychiatrist is going to "help" a right winger.

YouTube - Psychiatrists On Psychiatry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Lets get the right wingers treated first. I've seen some very severe cases of idiotism on this forum. Now, that is unnormal and can and needs to be be treated. Then those people will realize the BS they are spouting.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What is there to be clueless about? They are what they are.
They're calling themselves transgender. Would I be sitting on the bus next to them, I'd call them a human being. Hostile much?

Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,611,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's pretty common sense based, I don't know why some are insisting for an advanced degree on common sense.

If it takes far more energy to present yourself as something you're not, then you're fighting something natural, going against nature. If you're conflicted then you need a shrink. I don't care how badly you want to fly, you're never going to be a real bird. You don't have wings, or a beak or feathers so why go out of your way to create it? Everyone is limited by the constraints of their physical appearance in the absence of plastic surgery and help from science. Why fight it? Doesn't it take more effort to keep up a masquerade, and put on that public face for the world so you have the appearance of being something you're not?

That's where the inner conflict comes from, balancing between something you're not, and something you so strongly desire.

It's playing mental hopscotch.
Darn! I missed amateur psycho-babble hour!!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:10 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,970 times
The Emperor's New Clothes???

Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 PM

Psycho-babble is so churlish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Darn! I missed amateur psycho-babble hour!!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:15 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with someone who wants to have their penis removed and a vagina put in its place, as well as taking massive amount of hormones which are proven to cause cancer and heart disease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies