Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:37 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,304 times

Advertisements

Tea Party = lower the taxes for us, raise it for those people. This is really what it is about, yet they never openly admit this. Why not? Why don't they have just put their argument out in the open, which is basically, we want the rich to pay less in taxes and we want half of the US who isn't rich to pay more in taxes. Once they do that we can have an honest discussion, but this bsing about being ideologically opposed to raising taxes is bunk.

Last edited by Holdencaulfield; 04-16-2010 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM

921 posts, read 1,131,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Tea Party is not necessarily anti tax, they are just anti tax for the rich. They have no problems raising taxes on people who are not rich. Why don't they just say that?
Tea party is a typical Republican symbol:
"For the rich they cry & would rather see the poor die".

Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM

423 posts, read 823,802 times
You can't possibly expect any logical reasoning from a bunch of rednecks.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:42 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,008,372 times
LOL! It reminds me of an old quote:

When you blame yourself, you learn from it. If you blame someone else, you don't learn nothing, cause hey, it's not your fault, it's his fault, over there. -Joe Strummer

It's kind of like that....I'm doing my part because I'm paying too much, and that guy over there, he's not paying enough....so it's that guy's fault, and the government.

It's amazing how quickly the "personal responsibility" thing goes right out the window huh?

Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
LOL! It reminds me of an old quote:

When you blame yourself, you learn from it. If you blame someone else, you don't learn nothing, cause hey, it's not your fault, it's his fault, over there. -Joe Strummer

It's kind of like that....I'm doing my part because I'm paying too much, and that guy over there, he's not paying enough....so it's that guy's fault, and the government.

It's amazing how quickly the "personal responsibility" thing goes right out the window huh?
At the very least it shows that they their issue is not idealogical, which they claim it is. They are not against the idea of higher taxes, they are against higher taxes for them, but have no problem with half of the US paying higher taxes, as long as it's not them. Very dishonest if you ask me. If that's what you believe it just say it. Raise taxes on half of Americans, and lower mine!!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 AM

9,889 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Quote:
Tea Party = lower the taxes for us, raise it for those people. So they really are motivated by self interests. It's all about them.
So from your point of view, Raise taxes even higher on the small percentage of Americans who already pay the majority of taxes, so that even more people can pay no taxes ? Liberalism. I believe the Tpm believes that everyone should be taxed equally, how outrageous!!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,521 times
If there were no taxes, they would have no purpose in life and wouldn't be able to say "I don't want my tax money going to _______"(insert something to do with poor people or liberals). They think they should have a say in everything because they "pay taxes". Forget what the other tax payers want. Disregard that there are liberal tax payers as well. They will cut off their noses to spite their faces. For some reason, they think there tax money counts more than others' yet they say they don't want to pay taxes at all. I just wonder what they would scream about then. I'm sure they'd find something. Especially if there is a democrat in the Whitehouse.

There was this one woman at my last HMA meeting that was up in arms about the HMA donating trees to the local public school, she said it wasn't our responsibility and got upset about us voting to carry our money over to the next year (since we are a non-profit organization), next she kept hollering about seeing a more detailed copy of the budget report than the one they passed out and was told several times, that someone would email it to her. Clealry this woman brought her teabagging tendencies to our HMA meeting. Must suck to be like that all the time.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,475,534 times
Quote:
Tea Party wants lower taxes, yet complains that half of Americans don't pay enough in taxes

hmm

do you think it FAIR, that some people pay 25%-35%-40% of federal taxes, yet some pay ZERO......hmmm

we need the FAIR-TAX

Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Tea Party = lower the taxes for us, raise it for those people. So they really are motivated by self interests. It's all about them.
Tea Party has outlined what it believes in the contract from america,
So your attacks are just dumb.

The Contract from America

Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
No links? Question to the OP - What is the teaparty platform on taxes? Without links this is just conjecture or personal interpretation.

I believe the consensus with this group is lower taxes FOR ALL via less government spending and less government corporate and individual bailouts. "Raise it for those people" - who?

I don't associate myself with the teaparty movement, I just like a fair debate, not a nonsensical thread with no topic or point of discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies