Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It just hit me that the only tax mentioned specifically in the Constitution, by amendment, is the income tax and 47% of us don't "get" to pay that one. I guess that means that a form of theft is being used against the other 53% to be able to support the 47%. Yep, that looks like theft to me.
That just hit you, roy? Did you forget this part?

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And what are your credentials?
I would say those credentials might well be left leaning.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It was YOU who said you dont care about what Democrats said..
I said I don't know what Democrats said. The reason I don't care was covered in the post you're replying to. You did read it?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:40 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That just hit you, roy? Did you forget this part?

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises
That none of those taxes were direct taxes aside...

The Article specifically goes on to say precisely for what purposes said taxes could be collected...

Old 04-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
That none of those taxes were direct taxes aside...

The Article specifically goes on to say precisely for what purposes said taxes could be collected...
The Supreme Court disagrees with you. The Hamiltonian position has been upheld. I understand the Jeffersonian position, and I see merit in both it and the views of Hamilton, but it's not up to me to decide which view is constitutional.

Regardless of which view is held, the claim that "ALL taxation is theft" is clearly false.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:46 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Fox "news" isn't news at all. It is the Republican Propaganda media arm of the neo-conservative agenda. This not just my opinion it is fact if you watch long enough to see the propaganda.
Sure while NBC, ABC,CBS, MSNBC, Public Broadcasting, and CNN all propogate the liberal agenda. Sure sounds balanced to me. At least Fox is a haven from all of the leftist BS on all of the other supposed "news" networks. Evidently others feel the same way since Fox has more viewers than ALL of the other networks combined. Fact!

Old 04-17-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
The Supreme Court disagrees with you. The Hamiltonian position has been upheld. I understand the Jeffersonian position, and I see merit in both it and the views of Hamilton, but it's not up to me to decide which view is constitutional.

Regardless of which view is held, the claim that "ALL taxation is theft" is clearly false.
The Supreme Court is just another group of pathetic thugs who get to impose their personal agenda on everyone else.

However, government was supposed to be by the consent of the governed, so your opinion is indeed relevant. If you give no consent, it has no legitimacy.

Anyway, buried many posts ago now, I agreed that not ALL taxation is theft, but VIRTUALLY all of it is. Theft is theft. It is not a Constitutional issue at all.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The Supreme Court is just another group of pathetic thugs who get to impose their personal agenda on everyone else.

However, government was supposed to be by the consent of the governed, so your opinion is indeed relevant. If you give no consent, it has no legitimacy.

Anyway, buried many posts ago now, I agreed that not ALL taxation is theft, but VIRTUALLY all of it is. Theft is theft. It is not a Constitutional issue at all.
Okie-doke, irspow. The use of the word "thugs" seals it for me.

I'm glad to hear you agree that when Fox News wrote "All taxation is theft" at the bottom of the screen, it was making a false assertion.

(Do you consider Alexander Hamilton to be a thug as well? You must hate getting tens for change. "Damn thugly ten dollar bills")

Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Okie-doke, irspow. The use of the word "thugs" seals it for me.

I'm glad to hear you agree that when Fox News wrote "All taxation is theft" at the bottom of the screen, it was making a false assertion.

(Do you consider Alexander Hamilton to be a thug as well? You must hate getting tens for change. "Damn thugly ten dollar bills")
I consider anyone who imposes their will through force, be it governmental force or otherwise, as a thug.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I take it you have seen Liddy and North talking on the economic shows on Saturday morning. I have never seen them then but then only have Fox on all morning on Saturday. One of usull of it or at least talking out his a.. and it isn't me.
Who said economic shows or Saturday morning, or did you just imagine that?
Two Convicted Felons selling Gold and Hysteria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies