Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
most americans are still in a recession.

teachers seem to think that they are immune from a recession because they get funded through taxes. americans are getting tired of subsidizing groups when they are struggling to get by, and the unions ARE getting more obnoxious, with their government sweetheart deals and pro illegal immigration stance:

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis
To appreciate just how obnoxious union thugs are in Illinois, please play the above video. I had to play it a few times to make out the key chant from a woman on a megaphone. Here it is.

What do we want?
More money.
What do we want?
We want more money.
When do we want it?
Now.
When do we want it?
Now.

i am telling you that arrogance is going to cost them big time on election day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
In Boston the firefighters union just negotiated a fourth raise in 5 years for their members. The latest raise is nealry 20%. Recession? What Recession? Yay Union!!!!!
Seems repugs are spoiled and want everything for free....they don't want to contribute to the education of American kids...and OBVIOUSLY hate educators( JUST LIKE FASICISTS) and wish this country to sink to mediocrity....

Who's going to speak for YOU when they come for YOUR wages...????

You REALLY think if average Americans all work for minimum wage the economy will boom????

HOW STUPID!

Did you know, or CARE that CEO's of insurance companies(Real Death Panels) make more a week in BONUSES alone then most Americans make in several years of LABOR ???

How very cowardly to not attack THEM and want them fired for poor performance.....how about those Wall Streeters??? Any get fired??? How about those bangsters...any get fired? Cower in sniveling fear of them and attack your own...that's what ther plan is and the drones go along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Seems repugs are spoiled and want everything for free....they don't want to contribute to the education of American kids...and OBVIOUSLY hate educators( JUST LIKE FASICISTS) and wish this country to sink to mediocrity....

You REALLY think if average Americans all work for minimum wage the economy will boom????

HOW STUPID!

Did you know, or CARE that CEO's of insurance companies(Real Death Panels) make more a week in BONUSES alone then most Americans make in several years of LABOR ???

How very cowardly to not attack THEM and want them fired for poor performance.....how about those Wall Streeters??? Any get fired??? How about those bangsters...any get fired? Cower in sniveling fear of them and attack your own...that's what ther plan is and the drones go along...

I'll speak for myself when they...Obama and his cronies on the left....come for my wages thank you very much. I don't need any union thugs holding my employers hostage for me to get ahead in my career.

What do you think CEO's of companies should make? Do you want the government to lower their wages and tell them how much thay can or should make? If that's the case then let's have the government tell you how much you can make and lower your wages. What's good for the goose.....

Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'll speak for myself when they...Obama and his cronies on the left....come for my wages thank you very much. I don't need any union thugs holding my employers hostage for me to get ahead in my career.

What do you think CEO's of companies should make? Do you want the government to lower their wages and tell them how much thay can or should make?"""

YES! Because their bloated obscene wages and greed are what caused this countries economy to fail!!!!
It WASN'T the average American worker!!!!

"""If that's the case then let's have the government tell you how much you can make and lower your wages. What's good for the goose.....
"""" If that's the case then let's have the government tell you how much you can make and lower your wages."""

THAT is EXACTLY what the OP was proposing.

And, like the True Wealthy Worshipper, you want to start on average Americans first and ignore those you worship who got the BIGGEST HANDOUT WELFARE CHECKS from the government...YOUR money....than anyone!

Oh, and when you go in alone to ask for a raise and your employer has AVERAGED out average American's pay too decide what you should make....good luck You REALLY aren't so special that YOU'LL get a raise when the average wage has sunk...

Old 04-22-2010, 05:42 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Welcome to the world of liberal entitlement mentality.

The funny thing is those teachers cannot possibly back up their actions here. No matter how you slice it, the state is broke, California's unemployment is sky high and the public school system sucks as is. These teachers do not deserve a dime more until they start performing. Schools are there for the kids, and these selfish bastards think they are better than that.

Typical liberals, "I'll be genuinely compassionate and caring... so long as you offer me a lifetime job with superior benefits and pay that defies the economic recession and budget". Time to hit the reset button here and fire them all.
I agree that a pay cut is necessary, but 10.1%? That is extremely steep if you ask me. My friend works for the state (Arizona), and he is getting his pay cut 2.7%. He obviously is upset about it but he accepts it as it is reasonable considering Arizona is also in shambles. I really can not blame those teachers for striking.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:47 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:

HOW STUPID!

i dare you to show me one of those people who is working for minimum wage.

i think it is the government's job to get the crooks punished, not mine, so if there is a failure it is BY THE GOVERNMENT WHICH ENFORCES THE LAWS. i am certainly in favor of seeing the crooks brought to justice, as i have often pointed out. i actually don't think that we will have a recovery until the guilty are punished.

the point is that government workers can't keep DEMANDING more raises and higher wages and expect it to come from a private sector which is struggling and facing rising unemployment.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i dare you to show me one of those people who is working for minimum wage.

No, they may not be now but when? When does the downward spiral stop? When YOU say so?

i think it is the government's job to get the crooks punished, not mine,"""

So NOW you LIKE government!!!
the OP wants government interference to PUNISH educators who want a decent living.

"" so if there is a failure it is BY THE GOVERNMENT WHICH ENFORCES THE LAWS. i am certainly in favor of seeing the crooks brought to justice, as i have often pointed out. i actually don't think that we will have a recovery until the guilty are punished.

the point is that government workers can't keep DEMANDING more raises and higher wages and expect it to come from a private sector which is struggling and facing rising unemployment.
How and why do CEOs keep getting more and more money?....and repugs NEVER scream about that...they just attack their own!!???? How well trained they are!

Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It is better than sitting by and allowing the disruption of our kids education. Isn't the public schools for the kids?
Yup, it's "about face" when YOU want government inteference....and let's quit with the "Oh, Save the Innocent children from the mean old liberals" crap!

TEACHERS have children,too......

Old 04-22-2010, 06:18 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
"""" If that's the case then let's have the government tell you how much you can make and lower your wages."""

THAT is EXACTLY what the OP was proposing.

And, like the True Wealthy Worshipper, you want to start on average Americans first and ignore those you worship who got the BIGGEST HANDOUT WELFARE CHECKS from the government...YOUR money....than anyone!

Oh, and when you go in alone to ask for a raise and your employer has AVERAGED out average American's pay too decide what you should make....good luck You REALLY aren't so special that YOU'LL get a raise when the average wage has sunk...

Wealthy worshiper? LMMFAO
I want to start on average Americans? No- I want people to be left alone to create their own destiny and career path. Why do you liberals hate anyone who's wealthy and successful? If you don't like what CEO's at a given company make don't do business with that company. If you resent those who are wealthy and successful do something about it such as creating wealth and success for yourself.

BTW: I never go in and ask for a raise. I work on commission. If I don't produce I don't eat. If I want a raise I have to produce more. It's that simple. Getting ahead on my own merits and hard work....I can see how that concept would be foreign to you liberals.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Did I get that wrong or are core classes still given during the strike? If so, what is the fuss about?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Most of these right wing nuts believe they will be part of the Uber rich someday and when that happens they won't want to pay high taxes. They are willing to let the plutocracy rip them off now in the hope of a bright future. I'll point out that membership in the very wealthy class is mostly by inheritance and if they haven't already selected the right parents they have a far larger chance of falling into poverty than they have of ever becoming part of the plutocracy.

IIRC Orange county CA has plenty of money to pay for the best schools in the world but the Raygunites with Prop 13 denied the lesser people any access to that wealth. If the teachers are refusing to carry the county on their backs I can see why the strike (a strike where the teachers are still teaching?) is necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies