Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 09:31 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times

Advertisements

No surprise here, just your everyday Republican tricks.
Report: CA Voters Tricked Into Registering As Republicans With Pot Petition | TPMMuckraker

Orange County authorities are launching an investigation into possible voter registration fraud after a local newspaper reported over a hundred cases of voters being tricked into registering as Republicans by petitioners who asked them to sign petitions for, among other causes, legalizing pot.

The Orange County Register reported last week that the Orange County District Attorney's office announced it would team up with the Secretary of State on the case, following a Register report that 99 written complaints were filed since March by voters who said they were registered as Republicans without their consent.

Another 74 voters reached by the Register said they, too, were unwillingly made members of the GOP.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM

470 posts, read 462,317 times
dude, you better get off your soapbox and realize that this trick is the Dems favorite thing to pull. How about ACORN registering people ONLY democrat? There were thousands and thousands registered that way. ACORN members even filled out the forms for alot of these people and picked who they were going to register for.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:41 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
More Republican voter fraud. The GOP officially opposes this pot initiative, but they sure will use it to register the unsuspected illegally..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Report: CA Voters Tricked Into Registering As Republicans With Pot Petition | TPMMuckraker

Orange County authorities are launching an investigation into possible voter registration fraud after a local newspaper reported over a hundred cases of voters being tricked into registering as Republicans by petitioners who asked them to sign petitions for, among other causes, legalizing pot.

The Orange County Register reported last week that the Orange County District Attorney's office announced it would team up with the Secretary of State on the case, following a Register report that 99 written complaints were filed since March by voters who said they were registered as Republicans without their consent.

Another 74 voters reached by the Register said they, too, were unwillingly made members of the GOP.

Could be yet another backfire by the GOP. Now, they have all these registered "Republicans" able to vote in Republican primary elections. If it were me, I would vote in it, and select the weakest candidate possible.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
dude, you better get off your soapbox and realize that this trick is the Dems favorite thing to pull. How about ACORN registering people ONLY democrat? There were thousands and thousands registered that way. ACORN members even filled out the forms for alot of these people and picked who they were going to register for.
Very true dude, but those individuals were scamming ACORN. As far as I know, Mickey Mouse never got to vote. Most of these were caught by ACORN officals, but they had to be turned into the state, or else would be charged with destroying them. Of course that didn't matter to the conservatives who were trying to smeat them.

Its interesting that you compare the Republicans with ACORN.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
I was always taught to read any document before signing it.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
I believe you are mistaken. Anyone doing voter registration must turn in the registrations they receive. This is why ACORN bundled the suspected bad registrations together and identified them as suspicious instead of just destroying them.

This would not be the first time that Republican backed registration groups have come under scrutiny.

From the AG's report on ACORN. Section on voter registration.

http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/pre...orn_report.pdf

Allegations of voter registration fraud against were raised in 2008 in San Diego County. The San Diego County Registrar submitted to the SOS 62 registration cards turned in by ACORN and Young Political Majors (YPM). The Registrar believed these cards were suspicious or possibly fraudulent in some way.26 YPM is not affiliated with ACORN and was hired by the California Republican Party to solicit voter registration and Republican Party membership. At the time the ACORN recordings were made public, the SOS had opened cases on some of the cards submitted by San Diego County, but for a multitude of reasons, had not focused its limited resources to fully resolving the cases. Of the 62 suspicious cards submitted, 31 related to multiple re-registrations not found to be fraudulent, and 24 were juvenile registrants that were too young to vote. Of the remaining cards, three were submitted by YPM, leaving four fraudulent cards collected by four different canvassers hired by ACORN. Due primarily to resource restrictions, these types of cases would not normally warrant a significant amount of investigation time. The SOS advised us of no other complaints of ACORN-related problems from the 2008 election.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:18 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post

Christ on crutches! This is too hilarious.

This is hilarious too...
Quote:
Democrats have called on the U.S. Attorney to investigate.
HEY! NO FAIR! THEY'RE STEAL'IN OUR STONERS!!

roflmao

Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Pot;where do you want me to sign dude. By the way where is my healthcare?I am going to complain to Leno or president Keendy if its not forth coming.You are dealing with a personal friend of Lenos;I appeared on his man on the street skit.Want a hit ;dude.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Republicans have been doing this for years. They hire temporary workers to register new Republicans under the guise of "signing a petition".

Sometimes they hire workers to just go out and register voters without the ruse of signing a petition, but there's a catch for those workers: The Republicans pay them according to the number of new Republican voters they register. I had one of them tell me that he got paid a dollar for every Republican registration; if the voter registered under any other party, he got paid nothing. He even asked me to register as a Republican so he could get an extra dollar. He said I could change it anytime to Democrat, but that he really needed the money, and so he practically begged me to register as a Republican. Pathetic, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies